The Fan's Guide to WDW -- Travel Channel

phlydude

imagineer99 said:
Any true Disney afficiando realizes that waiting for TT is a carnal sin... :cool:

I wait in line for TT :lookaroun

1st thing as soon as the park opens! Not past 9:30 though!! :lol:

Miss Bell

I agree with most of the posts--all this show did was make me wish my next trip was closer, and make me sad that I got rained out of Fantasmic this year.

I was greatly amused at how easy it was to get PS for everything. "You go ride ToT, I'll go arrange a PS for lunch." I guess my husband can stop getting up at 6 in the morning three months before our trips to arrange PS, if we can just walk up and get whatever we want. I did notice that they went to everything that is most difficult to get PS for (Cinderella breakfast, etc.)

I also would never stand in line for TT--while I have waited near a FP line waiting for my time on TT to start, so I can get a FP for MS before I go ride TT.

:brick: "We slept til nine and then went for a massage."

I also guess I'll have to stop wearing 6 inch strapless sandals to the park. :)

phlydude

Miss Bell said:
:brick: "We slept til nine and then went for a massage."

Did that guy speak at all? I don't think he had much say in anything and was very submissive to the wife (a.k.a. - Whipped! *crack*) :lol:

No real man will go spend time at a spa treatment for two... :lol:

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Miss Bell said:
I was greatly amused at how easy it was to get PS for everything. "You go ride ToT, I'll go arrange a PS for lunch." I guess my husband can stop getting up at 6 in the morning three months before our trips to arrange PS, if we can just walk up and get whatever we want. I did notice that they went to everything that is most difficult to get PS for (Cinderella breakfast, etc.)

Some places are that easy to get in, but other are deffinatly more difficult.

The show was OK. It did what it was ment to, make we waqnt to get back to WDW. Two months more...I can hardly wait.

But overall, it was more funny to watch than anything else. Some of the tips and the things they'd say were funny I guess because they were supposed to be ultimate fans. But it came off more like Disney coached them what to say, or out right wrote a script for them.

I too only learned one new thing...the MuppetVision 3D Key. Have to check that one out next time.

That show was weak. I am still waiting for a show or DVD that shows the making of the Magic Kingdom and something about its history. I bet there is so much archival footage. Maybe they feel the general public wont be interested in something like that. UGH!!!! :veryconfu

MKCP 1985

Chape19714 said:
You do not make laminated cards and give them to each child so they won't ask "what's next" (and then the teenager did :lol: )

I thought it was funny. That printed itinerary for each family member makes makes my obsessive compulsive behaviour look tame by comparison! I only put together a binder outlining which parks on which days, with accompanying restaurants where we have priority seating. I would never deign to map out which attractions in order we were going to visit and then print and laminate a pocket schedule for each family member. THAT is going too far. Thanks!!!

I enjoyed the show. If you can't visit one park in one day, then you certainly can't detail four parks in less than one hour, so I thought it was a pretty good representation and the families' fondness for WDW came through as genuine.

Yes, some people actually sleep until 8:45 in the morning when they are on vacation, and still manage to enjoy themselves!

abu21

I'm just wondering who wears ponchos on Kali? Isn't the point of this ride to get soaking wet? Wonder if they also wear ponchos on Splash Mt? Maybe they didn't want to get their individual itinerary cards wet ... oh wait, those cards were laminated, right?!?!

Overall, very "sub-par" show. :snore:

General Grizz

abu21 said:
I'm just wondering who wears ponchos on Kali? Isn't the point of this ride to get soaking wet? Wonder if they also wear ponchos on Splash Mt? Maybe they didn't want to get their individual itinerary cards wet ... oh wait, those cards were laminated, right?!?!

I wear panchos on Kali. AND I GET DRENCHED ANYWAY. :D

DDuckFan130

I said this on another thread but I'll say it again. I liked this show. I'm also a Disney aficionado but I did learn a couple of new things and any special about WDW is good for me because it makes me all the more excited for my own trip. I can understand most of you not being satisfied because well, we know all there is to know, right? But just remember that we are only a minority here and this show is aimed for the majority who doesn't go every day and doesn't know all. Appreciate the fact that you know this much and are able to help the "less fortunate." Sit back and relax and take in an hour of WDW. Should we stop watching our planning videos over and over again because we know the script by heart? I sure won't.

Oh and about the FP's for M:S and TT, we actually arrived at 11:00 AM or so last December, got our FP's for M:S and got in line for TT. I guess I committed a sin then. Lucky for us though we only waited 20 minutes. We also do the opposite of the three girls in MGM. We always get a FP for RnRC and use the stand-by line for ToT. Oh well. To each his or her own.

phlydude

abu21 said:

I yelled at some German guy on Kali when he pulled out the Adidas windbreaker and the poncho. I asked him what the purpose of going on a wet ride was if he didn't want to get wet. He didn't have an answer (or maybe he didn't understand English?!?) :drevil:

DisneyPhD

I think a lot of it was what the producers wanted (showing 4 different types of trips for different families and peoples needs.) I also didn't learn anything (expect the key under the mat thing.) but it was fun. Then again I don't want them to give away all the real fans secrets anyway.

While I think the AK family was a bit over the top, that is what works for them. When we were just a couple and now that we have young kids it is more important to be flexible and do what you feel like when you want to. (adjust plans arcourding to needs of the moment.) However with a big family and teenagers, maybe that works for them. I did really like what the dad was saying about family memories and beliving in the magic. They did seem like true fans.

The couple and the young women didn't seem as die hard of fans, just we can't all be.

Oh and I really agree others, what was it with the Levey's buying the passes at the gate to "save money" Hello get them in advance to save money, buy 7 day plus and or at least get them at check in and have them on your room key.

But once again, I think a lot of what was shown had to do with the producers wanting to show how you can enjoy the parks in different ways.

MKCP 1985

1disneydood said:
BTW who loves to ride RnR but is too afraid of ToT? :lol: :rolleyes:

Add my wife to that list. She loves coasters, and has been on TofT once and vows never again. Some people don't like the thought of being "dropped" especially in some dark elevator shaft. That woman refusing to go on TofT was very real to me.

But hey, while we're riding, she's getting fastpasses for Star Tours for all of us. It all works out.

DDuckFan130

MKCP 1986 said:
Add my wife to that list. She loves coasters, and has been on TofT once and vows never again. Some people don't like the thought of being "dropped" especially in some dark elevator shaft. That woman refusing to go on TofT was very real to me.

But hey, while we're riding, she's getting fastpasses for Star Tours for all of us. It all works out.
Add my cousin to that list :D. She'll ride just about any roller coaster, but she hates the feeling of a free-fall ride. She does ride ToT, but she always grabs on to me. She loves RnRC though.

Cosmo

ok, ok...i thought the show needed major help...but i keep reading people who are astounded at the "sleeping in" of the young couple. We've been known to sleep in till 11 and then sometimes even call to see if we can get extended checkout!
of course, we're in a different category. we have APs and go down quite often. What we don't see one trip we see in another (or probably have already seen many, many times). we love disney dearly, but part of the fun for us is the relaxation and the lazy, leisure, young with no children kind of wake up whenever feeling just can't be beat. Besides...if you have EVER seen my wife awake before 9am on a weekend or holiday, you'll know its not a pretty sight. I would rather go up against 30 Carnatourases... :lookaroun
I wake up early and read or watch the "I love appliances guy" :sohappy: while my wife snoozes.
I think they should use AP holders to really show how to do disney for people who have been there dozens and dozens and dozens of times. There are all sorts of neat little places to go, things to do, experiences to have, and many of them are free and/or don't require a PS and THAT'S what we go down for and were hoping to see last night.

Plus if that laminated schedule guy had been my dad...i would have just had to smack him and run away quickly. :lol:

phlydude

Cosmo said:
...I wake up early and read or watch the "I love appliances guy" :sohappy: while my wife snoozes...

Me too (see this thread)

Oh yeah, the Levy lady said "Not too many people know about the International Gateway. I like to call it Epcot's backdoor."

PAAAALEEEEEAAAASSSSE! C'mon, how many didn't know that there are 2 entrances and exits to Epcot???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom