The Fan's Guide to WDW -- Travel Channel

ILOVEDISNEY

The first episode is about a husband and wife from West Lafayette, IN (about 70 miles northwest of Indianapolis. WL is the home of Purdue University) who have two small children. They will be offering their insights to the MK and how to save time and money. They are real WDW fanatics, who have visited numerous times. They won the contest by being WDW crazy on their audition tape and stating they are trying to stay at every WDW resort at least once. The fact the husband is a sports writer for the local newspaper and got two half pages in the Sunday newspaper for Disney and WDW has nothing to do with their selection. :drevil:

They will be joined by the husband's parents (who are big WDW fans from MA) and his brother and his partner. If I count right that's 8--A Magical Gathering!!! :hammer: The next episodes will cover the other parks with other families.

I hope this show is not just another WDW commercial with just talking heads like on the cheesy WDW tape/DVD. I have my DVD recorder set for 8 PM MT.

Miss Bell

I didn't realize that it was going to be more than one different episode. I thought it was just going to be one show that they run over and over. At any rate, I'm looking forward to watching it. :)

KUNZEWORLD

Just what i need to ease my pain with only 70 or so days til my next trip!!!! I sit and whatch all the specials with my 4yr old.

Lennyg512

I thought that the "Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World" was terrible. It should have been an updated tourof the area. Not stupid families talking about how they can stick to a schedule and pretend not to fight. It was terrible.

Just my thoughts.

Chape19714

i was rather dissapointed with that show. if these people were even half-way Disney fans, they would be posting on this site. they should have picked me, just me, i am almost 15 and could do the teen's take on WDW, with no family. imho. I also thought that some of the info was incorrect. i also noticed that the people sent "mixed messages" out to others. You do not make laminated cards and give them to each child so they won't ask "what's next" (and then the teenager did :lol: ) disney is not about that. hey, for the next one, they should take me as teen expert or Day tripper to WDW. lol. Not a good show in my opinion. I was thinking of having people i help plan trips for watch that, but NO WAY.

phlydude

I tend to agree. Nothing new was learned and little kids never cried, how unrealistic!!

I don't know, the things they talked about sometimes didn't seem to match up and I wonder how many people actually audtioned for the thing.

A couple things I noticed that didn't make sense:
1 - A tip popped up saying that you can get another Fastpass 2 hours after the 1st is rec'd. Well, the truth would be you can get another at the time printed at the bottom of your current FP, usually by an hour's time.
2 - The Levy family (couple) went to Epcot to buy their media and talk about saving money by locking in days at today's prices. Well, if they were that concerend with saving the $$$, they should have bought 7 days instead of 5 and bought their tickets in advance to save the most money.

Also, there is not going to be a series. This was a one-time show. All 4 families were shown and they each did a park in a day to get all 4 theme parks covered. I was disappointed that they didn't do anything with the waterparks or show any of the resorts in detail.

Kadee

phlydude said:
I tend to agree. Nothing new was learned and little kids never cried, how unrealistic!!

I don't know, the things they talked about sometimes didn't seem to match up and I wonder how many people actually audtioned for the thing.

A couple things I noticed that didn't make sense:
1 - A tip popped up saying that you can get another Fastpass 2 hours after the 1st is rec'd. Well, the truth would be you can get another at the time printed at the bottom of your current FP, usually by an hour's time.
2 - The Levy family (couple) went to Epcot to buy their media and talk about saving money by locking in days at today's prices. Well, if they were that concerend with saving the $$$, they should have bought 7 days instead of 5 and bought their tickets in advance to save the most money.

Also, there is not going to be a series. This was a one-time show. All 4 families were shown and they each did a park in a day to get all 4 theme parks covered. I was disappointed that they didn't do anything with the waterparks or show any of the resorts in detail.
I noticed the SAME things!!! I was SOOOO disappointed! The ONLY thing I learned was about the Sunrise Safari. I didn't know they did this. Anyway, all it did was make me want to go to WDW even more than I did before. And I was really looking forward to this. I should have watched The 4400. Now I am behind on that one.

cindy_k

Another tip that popped up said that Disney Transprotation was free for Disney Resort Guests.

Last time I looked, it was free for all guests not just Resort.

Other than that, I found it a cute show, considering how many people I run into here in NY that have NO CLUE :brick: how much there is to do at WDW I think it should generate the kind of interest Disney is looking for.

Cindy in NY :wave:

General Grizz

Kadee said:
I noticed the SAME things!!! I was SOOOO disappointed! The ONLY thing I learned was about the Sunrise Safari. I didn't know they did this. Anyway, all it did was make me want to go to WDW even more than I did before. And I was really looking forward to this. I should have watched The 4400. Now I am behind on that one.
Actually, the Sunrise Safari was covered a lot better in the Travel Channel's Animal Kingdom guide. :lol:

FutureCEO

I agree. The show sucked. No good info what so ever. And the people who went to Animal Kingdom, the father was a quack

maxime29

Premium Member
For all you #Disney-Central people on IRC:

I have captured and edited the show. It will be available on my server within 24 hours.

Thank you.

(PS: Decent show, but not the best. :snore: )

CaptainMichael

I must say, I am totally disappointed. I have no idea how that family spent an entire day at the Animal Kingdom even after getting there early for the sunrise safari. The Levey family got up at 8:50 in the morning, don't the parks open at 9 and sometimes 8 for resort guests plus they bought their tickets at the gate, not very cost efficient. The show didn't even advertise Pal Mickey. My opinion, these people are not hardcore Walt Disney World fans, they just go there every now and then. They needed people like Patrick and others from this site that go there on a regular basis and know the place like the back of their hands..............ie: this trashcan is in the perfect location to climb on to get a picture of construction. I'd like to see one hour specials like they did for Animal Kingdom for all four parks. I'd also like to see a show celebrating Disneyland's 50th Anniversary!

cherrynegra

Well, did I learn anything new from watching this? Nope. But, maybe for non-Disneyphiles who don't eat, sleep, breathe, dream Disney, they'll learn a thing or two that is SOO old hat for the rest of us.

TnkrBelPixiDust

I agree with everyone! This was by far the WORST Disney special! The Levy family....who keeps an hour by hour itenrary when going down there? And who needs a park map if they are the ultimate fan!? Lol just something that I found funny... BTW does anyone really ever take their kids to the parenting rooms and sit and color with them??? Lol :lol: I know for sure that I didnt learn anything new from this? Haha loved this little known tip: Wear comfortable shoes...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom