The Fan's Guide to WDW -- Travel Channel

Buzzes Dad

The show was not all bad, in the sense that it makes me want to go back now and not in Jan. but like others said it was not the best. The only item that I learned about that I did not know was the sunrise caravan.

The couple that wanted to eat while watching illuminations but did not have priority seating got, great seats!! Like that would happen to the average person who did not have a camera man filming the whole scenario.:rolleyes:

Also the group that went to Animal Kingdom, the father seemed to be a bit weird.

magicmom

I loved how the Levy's were so concerned about being cost effective about buying the multi-day tickets and then turn around and go the the Spa, buy tons of expensive collectibles and only eat at the expensive food stops. They were staying at a $300 a night hotel (GF) and I especially loved how they got up at 8:50. By 8:50 my entire family has eaten breakfast, gone to MK early and ridden at least 4 rides! I don't think I have ever met anyone who actually went to WDW to relax and sleep in everyday.

I also can just see me handing out schedules to my 3 kids. That would go over so well! I am pretty sure my 4 year old would not really appreciate the list of things that she did not insist we do as soon as we get there on the bus ride over. I have never used the baby care center and especially not to waste time coloring.

Overall same thing said, learned nothing! Just made me more excited about being there in 47 days!

It was nice to see Bob Sehlinger ! Would have been nice to hear more from him and maybe a few more authors (i.e. Steve Barrett). Still, you know that these shows are not geared towards US, they're designed to attract new blood as we are already addicted.

SirNim

Snow White 610 said:
It was nice to see Bob Sehlinger ! Would have been nice to hear more from him and maybe a few more authors (i.e. Steve Barrett). Still, you know that these shows are not geared towards US, they're designed to attract new blood as we are already addicted.
Indeed!

It's just that the whole thing, and all the people, were just so rehearsed.

Almost like their touring plans themselves! :lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
WELL, im just glad that i got to see where the baby changing room is........... now i dont have change those dirty dipers on the park benches anymore. :lol:

what a waste of 45 seconds, and didnt one of those kids look a couple of years to old to be getting a diper changed? it looked like he was 7. but i wouldnt know, dont have kids.

phlydude

jmaxwell007 said:
WELL, im just glad that i got to see where the baby changing room is........... now i dont have change those dirty dipers on the park benches anymore. :lol:

what a waste of 45 seconds, and didnt one of those kids look a couple of years to old to be getting a diper changed? it looked like he was 7. but i wouldnt know, dont have kids.

The older one didn't have a diaper change, they only showed the little one. The older one was about 5 or so, at least tall enough to ride Splash.

I also liked the part where the 3 girls were leaving Pleasure Island arms around each other saying "We will do this every year and when we have families, we'll bring them along!" - Yeah, right. That will happen one year and then they will plan their trips without each other! :lol:

Kwit35

Even though I would have appreciated more useful information, I still enjoyed the show. Anytime I get to see a glimpse of Disney, I am happy.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
phlydude said:
The older one didn't have a diaper change, they only showed the little one. The older one was about 5 or so, at least tall enough to ride Splash.

I also liked the part where the 3 girls were leaving Pleasure Island arms around each other saying "We will do this every year and when we have families, we'll bring them along!" - Yeah, right. That will happen one year and then they will plan their trips without each other! :lol:

that.... or they wont even make it that far. one girl will hear the other 2 in the bathroom talking about some girl, she will think they are ganging up on her, she will get mad, and never speak to them again. as for the 2 remaining friends, they will be ok for awhile since the 3rd wheel left, but they will get into a fight over some guy that they are both after and never speak again. i swear, you spend 5 years in college, you see every kind of "girl" drama there is. and yes, ive heard the, "ahhhh, we will be friends FOREVER". oh yeh, i give it 2 months. lol

Nicole

Well, even though I didn't learn anything new, it was fun to watch. Oh wait - I did learn something. I didn't know there was a key under the doormat at Muppetvision 3D. I'll have to look for that next time.

They sure picked some interesting groups! I liked the MK family, but the AK dad was over the top. Those printed schedules made me laugh - I'll show the tape to my family if they ever complain that I over plan! And what was up with the Epcot couple?? Not only did they sleep in till 8:50, but they woke up with an alarm! Half the fun of staying in a Disney resort (okay maybe not half) is having Mickey make your wake up call! I did like the girls who went to Disney/MGM, it was nice to see that even cute young hip people don't always love ToT!

I have to say that as a show designed for a Disney newbie this was good, but the name of the program made me think it was a show FOR fans, not BY fans. Darn.

Mouseketeer Boy

Hank Scorpio said:
I am forever downloading these Travel Channel specials from Disney-Central but I never get any time to watch them...
How can I get to this Disney-Central that you speak of? I wish to download the Travel Channel specials as well!:wave:

RnRJoe6114

22 more hours until i leave the most magical place on earth. And back on track with the show wha t i hated was the cheesyness Ex. I've always believed in the magic.
It can't get any more cheesy!

ScrapIron

NSCMC said:
And what was up with the Epcot couple?? Not only did they sleep in till 8:50, but they woke up with an alarm!

Oh, tell people the whole story. After sleeping in, they got a massage, rode 2 attractions at Epcot, and then proclaimed that they needed a break!?

SirNim

ScrapIron said:
Oh, tell people the whole story. After sleeping in, they got a massage, rode 2 attractions at Epcot, and then proclaimed that they needed a break!?
ROFL!

Good observation. :)

phlydude

RnRJoe6114 said:
22 more hours until i leave the most magical place on earth. And back on track with the show wha t i hated was the cheesyness Ex. I've always believed in the magic.
It can't get any more cheesy!
What was cheesy was the home videos they showed that they sent in.

The family of 8 sent in the video where they all sang "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" while the husband kneeled there and pretended to go along with the whole deal. To top it off, they didn't even go to the CoP!!

Would having a tripod or having someone hold the camera be too much trouble!!

Homer78

I am sure all of the groups did more than what was shown on TV. You can only fit so much into a ~48 minute program (minus commercials).

se8472

phlydude said:
What was cheesy was the home videos they showed that they sent in.

The family of 8 sent in the video where they all sang "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" while the husband kneeled there and pretended to go along with the whole deal. To top it off, they didn't even go to the CoP!!

Would having a tripod or having someone hold the camera be too much trouble!!

I really don't think they showed EVERYTHING that each family did on there trip to the park...I think we would still be watching the show.

But what I did find weird was that she got a fastpass for M:S. Am I the only one who swears to getting a fastpass for TT and then getting in line for M:S. Or heck even better FP them both and go ride some other things.

Also I belive the little tip about WDW trasportation being free to Walt Disney World Resort Guest. I took that as all people who come to the Walt Disney World Resort and not just people staying at the resorts on property,

sjnichol

Fan's Guide

:snore: I watched the show last night and was disappointed. I was turned off when the one group bought tickets at the gate. Everyone know you never buy tickets at the gate, you get them at check-in or before you arrive. Experts? HAH :hammer: :hammer:

imagineer99

Original Poster
se8472 said:
But what I did find weird was that she got a fastpass for M:S. Am I the only one who swears to getting a fastpass for TT and then getting in line for M:S. Or heck even better FP them both and go ride some other things.

Any true Disney afficiando realizes that waiting for TT is a cardnal sin... :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom