The end for refillable mugs?

I walked in to McDonalds, ordered a value meal, paid for it. Didn't refill my paper McDonald cup (good for that length of trip) and didn't use the restroom as I left.

I'm all good until my beach trip next week. :ROFLOL:

Timekeeper

I walked in to McDonalds, ordered a value meal, paid for it. Didn't refill my paper McDonald cup (good for that length of trip) and didn't use the restroom as I left.

On a long drive, that paper cup will come in handy when you get "the urge," and then you can create a proverbial "refill" of your own. :lookaroun

njDizFan

Okay, I'll admit it, this maybe my favorite thread ever. Well maybe just since JT and '74 had the epic thread about the sheriff and DTD.

Tigger#1

I think we need to start a soda thief support group:ROFLOL:
The first step is to admit you are a soda thief then you can get on the road to recovery.

By the way I purchased a mug last year and I am taking it back with me this year:eek:

I am a soda thief and I need help

Wilt Dasney

I think we need to start a soda thief support group:ROFLOL:
The first step is to admit you are a soda thief then you can get on the road to recovery.

By the way I purchased a mug last year and I am taking it back with me this year:eek:

I am a soda thief and I need help
Just make sure to steal the Diet Coke. The fewer calories you steal, the less guilty you have to feel. :)

Phonedave

I'm all good until my beach trip next week. :ROFLOL:

I went to McDonalds, ordered a Quarter Pounder, and eliminated the middle man, and just chucked it straight in the crapper.

I am i ahead, or behind?

-dave

sbkline

I went to McDonalds, ordered a Quarter Pounder, and eliminated the middle man, and just chucked it straight in the crapper.

I am i ahead, or behind?

-dave

I went to McDonalds yesterday and ordered a quarter pounder and most likely chucked it in the crapper this morning...

But I didn't use the restroom when I was there, so I guess I have a free restroom stop coming on some future road trip. :D

Flower'sChild

Right before I purchased my first refillable mug a cast member working at the food court explained to me that I would always be able to bring it back and use it again everytime that I came to stay at that resort. Also many many other cast members who work at the food courts have told me the same thing. I purchased a couple different Refillable mugs for the different resorts. I bring my mugs back to use again because cast members working at these food courts have told me that I can do this.

meganw1985

We went twice last year. April and November. We bought mugs BOTH times b/c we stayed at CS in April and wanted their resort specific mugs, but we bought new ones in Nov b/c we stayed at WL. There has not been a new design since. I would be HAPPY to buy new mugs this year in Sept if they're different than last Nov (even a LITTLE different) but if Disney is going to get lazy and cheap about making a new design, then I'm fine with being lazy and cheap and bringing back the SAME mugs they have for sale still and re-using them.

Or maybe I'll bring my Minnie Mouse ceramic mug and fill it with coffee in the morning at the food court :rolleyes:

Fractal514

We went twice last year. April and November. We bought mugs BOTH times b/c we stayed at CS in April and wanted their resort specific mugs, but we bought new ones in Nov b/c we stayed at WL. There has not been a new design since. I would be HAPPY to buy new mugs this year in Sept if they're different than last Nov (even a LITTLE different) but if Disney is going to get lazy and cheap about making a new design, then I'm fine with being lazy and cheap and bringing back the SAME mugs they have for sale still and re-using them.

Or maybe I'll bring my Minnie Mouse ceramic mug and fill it with coffee in the morning at the food court :rolleyes:

I wish people would stop justifying why they are thieves and just let this thread die. We get it, you're cool and the rules don't apply to you.

drp4video

Maybe I am naive, but it is still so hard to believe that there are that many people reusing the mugs that it hurts Disney financially. I love the mugs, have a whole cupboard of em. lol. Makes a great souvenier for not a lot of money. I loved when they did the mugs from each resort, not the generic one for all.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Maybe I am naive, but it is still so hard to believe that there are that many people reusing the mugs that it hurts Disney financially. I love the mugs, have a whole cupboard of em. lol. Makes a great souvenier for not a lot of money. I loved when they did the mugs from each resort, not the generic one for all.

Another justification for theft?

"The company's huge they won't miss this small amount of money."​

Just be sure you explain that to your 6 yo child. I'm sure they will see the parallel to them stealing from you.

drp4video

Excuse me, what? are you talking about? When did I say I reuse the mugs. I just commented that I was surprised that that many people reused the mugs, meaning I didn't realize it was that big a problem...and for those that did, was surpised that the small amount would hurt disney financially. When did I say the company is huge and won't miss the money?

I buy new new mugs everytime I go. Please read what I said, and don't write things I did not say. We would go 4 times a year, thats 8 mugs a year between my daughter and I. Multiply that by over 20 years, and hence my comment about a cupboard full of mugs. I never said I steal anything from Disney, please read. And my 22 year old daughter, not 6 year old, never has either.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I only reuse mugs when I pool hop. It makes it look as if Im actually staying at a Disney Hotel rather than just parking at DTD Disney and using the resort buses.

I wee in the pool too.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Excuse me, what? are you talking about? When did I say I reuse the mugs. I just commented that I was surprised that that many people reused the mugs, meaning I didn't realize it was that big a problem...and for those that did, was surpised that the small amount would hurt disney financially. When did I say the company is huge and won't miss the money?

I buy new new mugs everytime I go. Please read what I said, and don't write things I did not say. We would go 4 times a year, thats 8 mugs a year between my daughter and I. Multiply that by over 20 years, and hence my comment about a cupboard full of mugs. I never said I steal anything from Disney, please read. And my 22 year old daughter, not 6 year old, never has either.
I did read what you said. And it was another justification that others use to steal. Maybe not you, but there are other people that have stated similar reasons why it's OK in their own mind that the rules shouldn't apply to them.

I was speaking in generalities. I never said you stole.I never said your kid was 6. I never said your kid stole from you. Please READ and calm down. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom