The end for refillable mugs?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

drp4video

Again, what I said was not meant as a justification for stealing it was just a comment and a question as to are there that many people who reuse mugs? When I read what you wrote, it seemed you were personally attacking me. I am done, all is good.

drp4video

[QUOTEBut I do fart in enclosed spaces[/QUOTE]

sorry for the double post, have computer issues. Time for a new one I think.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Again, what I said was not meant as a justification for stealing it was just a comment and a question as to are there that many people who reuse mugs? When I read what you wrote, it seemed you were personally attacking me. I am done, all is good.

:wave:

drp4video

Prior to retirement, my mom was an elementary school teacher. She would let one go in class, and the kids would go ewwwwwww, and she would look at whomever she was standing next to, and tell them no to do that in class. hahahahahahahahah

epcotWSC

I always buy a new mug every time I go. I just hate if they don't change the design year-to-year. I think they make a good souvenir. Plus if you get about 6 or so refills, the mug pretty much pays for itself. People gotta stop being so cheap.

Anyway, it seems like a decent idea, but I can imagine people complaining about the additional waste that it would create since the refillable mugs are something that are washable (instead of throwing out a cup every time you get a drink).

I'm sure they could create a system where they just give you a mug that has a barcode on it (like I've seen in the water parks), that's tied to your Key to the World card. Since your card has the length of your stay on it, then it would just deactivate once you leave.

Wilt Dasney

Disney's new plan to eliminate soda theft? :eek:

edwardg.jpg

Alright you mugs, listen up. Yer gonna hang around until your visit ends, then yer all gonna hit the road, see? If I catch any of ya hangin' around here next year, you'll have too many holes in ya to hold any more refills, ya get me? Yeeeeah...YEEEEAAH.

Spike-in-Berlin

I'm a little confused about the refillable mugs. My last trip to WDW was in 2007 and they sold resort-specific mugs in this year. Now I read that they introduced a new mug for all disney resorts later and they all had the same look. But I also read that some people still had got resort-specific mugs.
Now what is really the present situation? Are there still resort-specific mugs?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm a little confused about the refillable mugs. My last trip to WDW was in 2007 and they sold resort-specific mugs in this year. Now I read that they introduced a new mug for all disney resorts later and they all had the same look. But I also read that some people still had got resort-specific mugs.
Now what is really the present situation? Are there still resort-specific mugs?
No. They use the same mugs at every resort on property. If I am not mistaken this started with the Year of a Million Dreams promotion in late 2006. The resort specific mugs were available for a short time after YOMD started but their stock ran out they were never replenished.

Spike-in-Berlin

No. They use the same mugs at every resort on property. If I am not mistaken this started with the Year of a Million Dreams promotion in late 2006. The resort specific mugs were available for a short time after YOMD started but their stock ran out they were never replenished.

What a pity, if I would have known that they already were selling from a stock that wouldn't be replenished, I would have bought a mug from the Wilderness Lodge too. :(

But thanks for the information anyway.

fosse76

The words "theft" and "stealing" keeps getting thrown around here. Unfortunately for those who use those terms, you are incorrect. While Disney's official policy states that refilliable mugs are only reusable during the stay in which they were purchased, its actual policy is to allow their use on subsequent trips. If a company allows a particular behavior, then they are sanctioning the behavior. However, since there is an actual written rule contrary to the approved behavior, the company CAN enforce the rule if it chooses. In this case Disney does not enforce the rule, therefore there is no theft. It only becomes theft when Disney starts to enforce the policy. The re-use of these mugs is too widespread across the resort to NOT be sanctioned by management. And it doesn't matter if people THINK they are cheating the system by reusing the old mugs. It still isn't stealing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom