The end for refillable mugs?

PurpleDragon

Can you tell by some of the pixels?

LOL, its not just that. I can tell cause the logo on the cup is completely flat and doesn't curve with the curvature of the cup, nor does it reflect any of the ambient light that is obviously reflected just above the logo. Not only that but the font is extra bold and too dark to seem realistic for a 3 dimensional object with ambient lighting.

**NEWS FLASH**

In a just recently discovered April 1st memo, there appears to be plans to stop the blatant thievery of resort beverages.

Introducing The Disney Vacation Mug Club. Also known as DVMC. This mug allows you unlimited refills during your stay at WDW as long as you have points available. (See note 1.)

The DVMC membership allows you refills at any location that offers refills for the traditional refill mugs as the traditional mugs will be phased out in 2012. The points cost of a refill depends on which category of DVMC that you join.

Ask a Cast Member at any DVC stand to fully explain the benefits of owning a DVMC membership today.

* Note 1 - DVC Membership recommended, but not required.

:rolleyes: J/K :rolleyes:

RiversideBunny

Funny little true story-

Several years back we were in the food court at Port Orleans Riverside one night. There weren't more than a dozen people there.
We did not have mugs. We were splitting an orange juice by using the courtesy cup they gave us.
A few minutes later, after all the orange juice was gone, I went over and filled the courtesy cup with soda and came back to the table.

We looked up and here comes the food court manager, smiling.
We thought, 'Oh, no. Busted'.
As it turned out he didn't even notice. He wanted to sit with us for a few minutes and see what some real guests thought about the changes they were making at the POR food court. (They took out the cotton bales and renamed it.)
We told him it was fine with us and thanks for asking.

:)

zweltar

I really can't believe that anyone would think that picture was real. To see so many posts confirming with evidence that the picture is faked is hilarious to me. I mean, seriously, anyone with any common sense should be able to tell that picture is fabricated.

Cindy'sBruno

I agree with purpledragon. I don't recall ever hearing you could use mugs from previous trips.

:) Well my husband and I have been to WDW for the last 5 years and every mug that we purchased, we made sure that we asked several of the cast members within the resorts whether or not it was allowed to be used on our upcoming trips the following year. Each and everyone of them said that it was allowed, so this is what we are going by.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
:) Well my husband and I have been to WDW for the last 5 years and every mug that we purchased, we made sure that we asked several of the cast members within the resorts whether or not it was allowed to be used on our upcoming trips the following year. Each and everyone of them said that it was allowed, so this is what we are going by.

That cant possibly be right.

And if so.. those CMs were very poorly informed.

Fractal514

Quick somebody get Stephen Hawking, we seem to have found a refugee from a parallel dimension. Either that or a liar.

I'm not actually calling you a liar, just that you're either that or from another dimension. :)

Wilt Dasney

Quick somebody get Stephen Hawking, we seem to have found a refugee from a parallel dimension. Either that or a liar.

I'm not actually calling you a liar, just that you're either that or from another dimension. :)
Many people have provided anecdotal accounts of CM's giving out the "bring 'em back!" line on these boards. Whether it's company policy or not, it seems to happen a lot.

The post you quoted is nothing unique...hardly a reason to question someone's honesty (or residence within our shared plane of existence).

kimmychad

It doesn't affect me one way o the other as I get the dining plan when we go, but it really amazes me how many people think they know whats best for disney. If disney want to change it they would, or at the very least they would instruct cm's to actually enforce their policies.

obviously, disney sees people bringing back their mugs as negligible compared to the money spent on lodging, souveniers, and dining.

and how is this any different than people taking home the soap, shampoo, and other toiletries from the rooms? surely their meant for your stay there only.

Kamikaze

Why would you buy more mugs if that was the case?

DisKid

Just had to chime in here. We have gotten several mugs from different resorts and have reused them with no problems. We have even gone through the check out line with them on our tray and have yet to be charged for a refill. This is even after design changes for the mugs when they could tell they were not from that visit. Even our last visit at Christmas last year when we had mugs that even had the previous years date on them!
Our first mugs were from the Wilderness Lodge back when they had GOOD mugs and they DID tell us they were reusable for free on return visits. No, it was not posted but was told to us when we inquired about it.
Please quit bashing the people that have been told they were refillable for life. That was the policy back in the 90's and early 2000's.
I just think Disney did not realize how many people would be returning and reusing the same cups over and over!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom