The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

Neverland

I happened to be walking by the side of the shuttered Tiki Room earlier today and heard VERY GOOD THINGS.

The original preshow is back! Clyde, Claude, 'the Sunshine Pavilion', 'Tropical Serenade', it's all there! They were doing some testing, and kept stopping the show and turning the volume up and down, but I heard a full, nonstop runthrough, and it is indeed the old preshow. :)

The Duck

I happened to be walking by the side of the shuttered Tiki Room earlier today and heard VERY GOOD THINGS.

The original preshow is back! Clyde, Claude, 'the Sunshine Pavilion', 'Tropical Serenade', it's all there! They were doing some testing, and kept stopping the show and turning the volume up and down, but I heard a full, nonstop runthrough, and it is indeed the old preshow. :)

Wonderful news!!! :sohappy:For those who haven't experienced the old pre-show, here's a video that also includes highlights from the original show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JSucRosvd0&feature=related Voice of Clyde was provided by Dallas McKennon who also announced that BTTMRR was the "Wildest ride in the wilderness!" and also was the voice of Ben Franklin in "The American Adventure" in Epcot. I'm not positive but I believe that Claude was provided by Sebastian Cabot (Bagheera in "The Jungle Book"). If it wasn't Cabot, it was a very similar voice.

Spike-in-Berlin

Have you seen any hint that our beloved barker bird comes back too?

Great news of course! Thanks!

PeoplemoverTTA

Awesome news - I've been watching this thread closely for updates, since I'm arriving for my trip on August 19th. I'm hoping that they are on track still for August 15th :)

TropicalFig8

Wonderful!

We're getting close! :D

The Rat King

I missed the chance to see the original in person and never got to see the refurb, so I'll definately check this one out once it returns. I can't wait!

LudwigVonDrake

This is awesome news!!! :wave:

HM GhostHostess

This is fantastic news! As August 15 approaches, I am becoming more excited each day. I hope that the barker bird will be returning as well.

HMF

Wonderful news!!! :sohappy:For those who haven't experienced the old pre-show, here's a video that also includes highlights from the original show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JSucRosvd0&feature=related Voice of Clyde was provided by Dallas McKennon who also announced that BTTMRR was the "Wildest ride in the wilderness!" and also was the voice of Ben Franklin in "The American Adventure" in Epcot. I'm not positive but I believe that Claude was provided by Sebastian Cabot (Bagheera in "The Jungle Book"). If it wasn't Cabot, it was a very similar voice.

So much less painful to endure than William and Morris.:sohappy:

gerryu21220

So much less painful to endure than William and Morris.:sohappy:

I never cared much for the original WDW pre-show, however it is the lesser of two evils...

I consider this a missed opportunity: They had a chance to come up with a new pre-show - something to get people excited to see the nearly 50-year-old show. Instead, they opted for the original which is - IMHO - quite boring. It's great that they brought back something that was original - unheard of for TDO who love to change up everything, and not for the better - but in this case, they'd be better off with no pre-show. Too bad they couldn't squeeze in a version of the Disneyland original instead. At least that one is a tad more interesting.

On the other hand, it's a good sign that the original show is indeed coming back - regardless of whether it is with or without the Offenbach number.

puntagordabob

Awesome news!!!

Wish someone would PM with details as to when the 1st show will be..... I really want to be there for the first show! :)

flavious27

I never cared much for the original WDW pre-show, however it is the lesser of two evils...

I consider this a missed opportunity: They had a chance to come up with a new pre-show - something to get people excited to see the nearly 50-year-old show. Instead, they opted for the original which is - IMHO - quite boring. It's great that they brought back something that was original - unheard of for TDO who love to change up everything, and not for the better - but in this case, they'd be better off with no pre-show. Too bad they couldn't squeeze in a version of the Disneyland original instead. At least that one is a tad more interesting.

On the other hand, it's a good sign that the original show is indeed coming back - regardless of whether it is with or without the Offenbach number.

Well not implementing some of the changes that we have mentioned here would be the missed opportunity, but it is better than what was already in place.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I just watched the pre show on YouTube and was surprised at how short it was. As I've aged, I guess my tastes have changed, because I used to find it boring, but after seeing it again (on YouTube), I'm actually looking forward to viewing it again after all these years. Long live the Tiki Room!

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Did the Offenbach number play at MK until Tropical Serenade was ditched for Under New Management, or had it been edited out before that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom