The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

aladdin2007

Anyone notice this week if the Under New Management sign is still up? It needs to be egged lol, oh wait I take that back, it needs to be Dole Whipped!!! Ha! :wave:

lnsemsf

This press release was posted on another site earlier, not sure if it was posted here yet so here it is...

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – The Sunshine Pavilion, featuring a show variously known as “Tropical Serenade” and “The Enchanted Tiki Birds,” debuted on Oct. 1, 1971, in Magic Kingdom.

Copyright Disney

In 1998, following substantial refurbishment, it re-launched as The Enchanted Tiki Room-Under New Management, with two famous Disney birds – Iago from Aladdin and Zazu from The Lion King – taking control and trying to spruce up the show.

Now the “new management” has been let go and the future of the Adventureland landmark is in the wings and wit of José, Fritz, Michael and Pierre – four crooning parrot hosts who have been entertaining guests at California’s Disneyland since 1963 in The Enchanted Tiki Room. Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room, as the Magic Kingdom attraction now will be called, is being prepared for the premiere (tentatively on Aug. 15, 2011) of a show that will pay tribute to the Disneyland original - notable in theme park history for ushering in sophisticated Audio-Animatronics technology.

Prior to 1963, Walt Disney’s creative team had produced movable figures, but none had the sophistication of the bird-brained cast of the Tiki Room. José, Fritz, Michael and Pierre produce movements when solenoid coils hidden inside receive signals recorded onto magnetic tape and are regarded as the first “true” Audio-Animatronics figures.

They introduce a musical presentation by more than 200 birds, flowers and tikis. Even the audience gets into the act, joining in during the musical ditty “Let’s All Sing Like the Birdies Sing.”

Copyright Disney

While the show is steeped in tradition and maintains the original intent created by Walt Disney and his original team of Imagineers, Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room will feature the latest in technology – a state of the art show-control system, remastered audio, and a new versatile and energy efficient lighting system.

The attraction has shows throughout Magic Kingdom operating hours.

flavious27

This press release was posted on another site earlier, not sure if it was posted here yet so here it is...

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – The Sunshine Pavilion, featuring a show variously known as “Tropical Serenade” and “The Enchanted Tiki Birds,” debuted on Oct. 1, 1971, in Magic Kingdom.

Copyright Disney

In 1998, following substantial refurbishment, it re-launched as The Enchanted Tiki Room-Under New Management, with two famous Disney birds – Iago from Aladdin and Zazu from The Lion King – taking control and trying to spruce up the show.

Now the “new management” has been let go and the future of the Adventureland landmark is in the wings and wit of José, Fritz, Michael and Pierre – four crooning parrot hosts who have been entertaining guests at California’s Disneyland since 1963 in The Enchanted Tiki Room. Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room, as the Magic Kingdom attraction now will be called, is being prepared for the premiere (tentatively on Aug. 15, 2011) of a show that will pay tribute to the Disneyland original - notable in theme park history for ushering in sophisticated Audio-Animatronics technology.

Prior to 1963, Walt Disney’s creative team had produced movable figures, but none had the sophistication of the bird-brained cast of the Tiki Room. José, Fritz, Michael and Pierre produce movements when solenoid coils hidden inside receive signals recorded onto magnetic tape and are regarded as the first “true” Audio-Animatronics figures.

They introduce a musical presentation by more than 200 birds, flowers and tikis. Even the audience gets into the act, joining in during the musical ditty “Let’s All Sing Like the Birdies Sing.”

Copyright Disney

While the show is steeped in tradition and maintains the original intent created by Walt Disney and his original team of Imagineers, Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room will feature the latest in technology – a state of the art show-control system, remastered audio, and a new versatile and energy efficient lighting system.

Interesting. So I guess that means the Orange Bird won't return then? Yeah I know it is a controversial topic, but it is part of the old charm of MK.

Wow, a Disney press release REALLY said that.:lookaroun

Someone was on vaca. Oh well, it is good news anyway.

Anyone notice this week if the Under New Management sign is still up? It needs to be egged lol, oh wait I take that back, it needs to be Dole Whipped!!! Ha! :wave:

I bet it will be a gag gift sent to Eisner.

aladdin2007

what does the press release mean exactly when it says the show will include energy efficient lighting? Im just trying to picture that and all I get in my mind are those awful bright fluorescence or LEDs.?

Spike-in-Berlin

what does the press release mean exactly when it says the show will include energy efficient lighting? Im just trying to picture that and all I get in my mind are those awful bright fluorescence or LEDs.?

Perhaps they have improved the lightning effect of the thunderstorm that ends the "Hawaiian War Chant". Or they have new effects included.
Does anyone know if the enchanted fountain is returning too?

iubigman

Hoping for Soft Openings!!!!

Of course our trip ends on Aug 14.

Previews? Soft Openings? Guess I'll be hanging around AL a little more than usual this trip.

puntagordabob

Copyright Disney

QUOTE]

I think the biggest news in there is the name having Walt Disney in the title and the hint that it will pay tribute to the Disneyland original which sounds like it will include something perhaps like at CoP where they have some history of the attraction in the preshow.

VERY VERY NICELY DONE!!!

Tom

Beta Return
LED lights are an abomination to 20% of my senses.

Agreed, but they DO have their place occasionally. For instance, since the tiki room uses a lot of theatrical and "disco" style lighting, they're perfect for that.

But when you get into theater shows like HoP or dark rides that require properly lit show scenes, good old fashioned halogen lamps fit the bill.

TropicalFig8

Copyright Disney

Copyright Disney

That's wonderful that they are using the classic name! Guests who haven't seen the show before won't understand what Tropical Serenade is or means.

Buried20KLeague

As much as I love the DL original Tiki Room, when I saw it last I thought the DL preshow was too long.

You know the theatre is occupied a certain length of time for each show, right?

If the pre show were shorter, it would just mean more dead time with nothing to listen to or watch.

I don't see how the pre-show could possibly be too long.

flavious27

I think it could be leds, they are the most efficient lighting right now and can be controlled much better than cfls. Along with that, leds last much much longer than cfls.

Expo_Seeker40

The Enchanted Fountain is only mentioned once in the (original) show.

Jose: And now Senors and Senoritas, please place your eyes into the center. Of the room, that is. We present the Enchanted Fountain.

and then Fritz says:

"Ach, ja! And a wunderbar Bird Mobile. Which has birds on it and it goes around and round. And that's why we call it a Bird Mobile."

If the fountain isn't working (because the ripped the pump out in 1997 and too cheap to replace it), perhaps there will be some new effect in the center of the room, and all they have to do is cut the line "We present the Enchanted Fountain" since Jose tells us to look at the center of the room as the bird mobile comes down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom