The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I dont think thats a fair list. Disney World is not meant to be just like Disneyland, your list makes it sound like you expect to find the exact same lands, attractions, shows, etc here. They are seperate resorts ran in two different ways, two different scopes..
Indeed they are, but if I may I was pleasently surprised - sometimes overwhelmed - by the quality and upkeep differences both in attractions and elsewhere in the west coast parks compared to Orlando.

aladdin2007

Indeed they are, but if I may I was pleasently surprised - sometimes overwhelmed - by the quality and upkeep differences both in attractions and elsewhere in the west coast parks compared to Orlando.

Im sure there is a night and day difference, sadly. Maybe someday a golden era will come to WDW.

Captain Neo

The plumbing department for one...

While I know your word is golden I still find it hard to believe and frankly baffling that Disney won't spend a few dollars to reactivate the fountain when it has always been an integral part of the show.

If Disney can't even do that much then why are they charging premium prices to enter a rundown amusment park?

The Duck

All this kvetching about a fountain that may or may not reappear! C'mon guys, the big day is almost here. Lets just wait and see exactly what's coming our way. The fountain would be nice but it's not absolutely essential for the show. Who knows? Since an AA occupied the space for the past several years, maybe another surprise AA is in the works (besides Stitch, that is ;)).

KingdomofDreams

ok... if they have a volcano rise up and erupt in the center of the room, I might get over it... as long as they have integrated water into the show elsewhere in the room. oh wait.... no plumbing... bah!

aladdin2007

All this kvetching about a fountain that may or may not reappear! C'mon guys, the big day is almost here. Lets just wait and see exactly what's coming our way. The fountain would be nice but it's not absolutely essential for the show. Who knows? Since an AA occupied the space for the past several years, maybe another surprise AA is in the works (besides Stitch, that is ;)).

Yes true, if the orange bird pops up out of there..:sohappy:

Captain Neo

yea a large AA of Michael Eisner that holds his hand out to each audience member and says "give me money". He even uses "next gen" tech to address each individual personally.

Spike-in-Berlin

ok... if they have a volcano rise up and erupt in the center of the room, I might get over it... as long as they have integrated water into the show elsewhere in the room. oh wait.... no plumbing... bah!

That would be awesome and also very fitting to the Tiki setting as a volcano is an essential element of a classic Tiki bar.
But that would be an even much more expensive special effect than a reinstallation of the fountain.

gerryu21220

Fritz (originally red, black, and white - voiced by Thurl Ravenscroft):
Ach du liebe! I almost fell out of mien upper perch.
Glad to see you all aboard, er, ashore, or hehehe, wherever you are!
Mien goodness, you're all schtaring at us - we better start the show rrrolling.

Jose: Mi amigos stop the c l u c k i n g, you sound like a bunch of old hens.
There's a lot of birds waiting to go on. For instance:

Michael:
Our show is delightful, we hope you'll agree,
We hope that is fills you with pleasure and glee,
Because if we don't make you feel like that,
We're gonna wind up on a lady's hat!

All: In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room,
In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room,
Jose: All the birds sing words,
Michael: And the flowers croon,
All: In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room.

*This verse has been deleted from the current show at Disneyland.

Pierre:
Our magnificent production is yet to come,
So strum the guitar, and beat the drum.
We've been a hit, and we know you adore us,
So come on and join us in another chorus!

Everyone: In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room,
In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room,

Jose: A little softer...

Everyone: All the birds sing words and the flowers croon,
In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room.

Jose: A little louder...

Jose: Let's give the little birdies a great big hand.

Pierre: Oui! Applaud, applaud!

Fritz: Ja! You down there - mit both hands.

Jose:
And now señors and señoritas,
Please place yours eyes into the center, of the room that is,
We present the enchanted fountain...

Fritz:
Ack, ja, and a wunderbar bird mobile.
It has birds on it, and it goes rrround and rrround.
Und that's why we call it a bird mobile!

Jose: (ala Bing Crosby)
Let's all sing like the birdies sing.
Bubbaboo, ba bubbaboo, baboo...

Michael: (ala Louis Armstrong)
Let's all sing like the birdies sing,
Tweet tweet tweet, my that bird sings sweetly.

Jose: Ah ha! Applause, applause, that was good.

Fritz: Wunderbar, wunderbar, give yourselves a hand.

Jose: A little applause for the girls, too...

Pierre: Ah, that was magnifique!

Jose: Si, no one laid an egg but me.

Birds: The birdies had their fling (birds chirp and sing)

You've heard the flowers sing.

Flowers: Tahu tahu uhu wai la...

Birds: Tikis play the drums (tiki drums play)
Hear them do the chant (totem poles chant)

Farewell, and Aloha to youuu...

Jose:
Ole', ole', applause, let's give the birds a standing ovation,
Applause, up, up, down there, applause, everybody stand up on your feet, ole'!

Michael: And now, as long as you're all standin'.

Jose: We have a wonderful magic trick for you.

Fritz:
Ja, a wunderbar trick. Everybody... Face the door...
Und the trick is, we gonna make you all... disappear!

Thought I'd make those corrections for you... :D

MerlinTheGoat

While I know your word is golden I still find it hard to believe and frankly baffling that Disney won't spend a few dollars to reactivate the fountain when it has always been an integral part of the show.

If Disney can't even do that much then why are they charging premium prices to enter a rundown amusment park?

It's hardly a new concept at WDW though. Where have you been for the better part of the past decade? Purposefully skimping on attractions at the place has been a commonplace thing for a very long time now. Heck, i'd say the concept of doing so has been around since almost the very beginning of WDW, starting with our shortened and very half-hearted POTC ride. But besides that, there's a ton of stuff that SHOULD be in an attraction as an important part but isn't (or isn't working for some reason or another).

They charge a ton because they can get by with it and know the majority of people won't complain. And those people will always still go. This includes myself (for the time being at least, i'm monitoring the quality of upcoming attractions and management at WDW for the next year and a half before i decide whether to cancel my annual pass).

puntagordabob

It's hardly a new concept at WDW though. Where have you been for the better part of the past decade? Purposefully skimping on attractions at the place has been a commonplace thing for a very long time now. Heck, i'd say the concept of doing so has been around since almost the very beginning of WDW, starting with our shortened and very half-hearted POTC ride. But besides that, there's a ton of stuff that SHOULD be in an attraction as an important part but isn't (or isn't working for some reason or another).

They charge a ton because they can get by with it and know the majority of people won't complain. And those people will always still go. This includes myself (for the time being at least, i'm monitoring the quality of upcoming attractions and management at WDW for the next year and a half before i decide whether to cancel my annual pass).

Ill reserve my opinion until after I see what they did in place of the fountain... for all we know it could be better...then again it could be crappy..... but until we see it I would suggest not passing judgement.

For the record my criteria for the Tiki Room is high......I really and truly hope they did something spectacular (something that will WOW me alot!) in place of the fountain.. if it is I will post it as such..if it is bad then I will post it as that then.

aladdin2007

Ill reserve my opinion until after I see what they did in place of the fountain... for all we know it could be better...then again it could be crappy..... but until we see it I would suggest not passing judgement.

For the record my criteria for the Tiki Room is high......I really and truly hope they did something spectacular (something that will WOW me alot!) in place of the fountain.. if it is I will post it as such..if it is bad then I will post it as that then.

Im looking forward to your post either way. This project has been a long time coming and this board is going to be flooded once its reopens. About a week to go. :wave: I just wish our seasonal passes werent blocked till the 18th, a passholder preview would have been fun.

Captain Neo

It's hardly a new concept at WDW though. Where have you been for the better part of the past decade?

oh i'm well aware of whats been going on I just think not repairing a friggin fountain that is a key element of the show is beyond ridiculous anymore.

Especially in the internet age where these things can be pointed out and a quick youtube video can show you the difference between disney's current offerings and the high quality attractions they used to maintain. It just baffles me that they think they are fooling people. I myself stoped going to WDW about 2 years ago now and frankly have no intention of going back since Disneyland is getting all the same attractions.

jt04

Im sure there is a night and day difference, sadly. Maybe someday a golden era will come to WDW.

As soon as DLR can stand on its own two feet I think you will. In fact I see many indications it is as I have been saying for at least two years. Just hope that DCA is a massive success.

It is a lot easier to have a "golden age" at a place with two small parks and a few hotels than something as complex as WDW. But I am very optimistic.

disney fan 13

i can't wait for the tiki room to reopen as it's old self, mainly because i only saw UNM once and never saw it again

As soon as DLR can stand on its own two feet I think you will. In fact I see many indications it is as I have been saying for at least two years. Just hope that DCA is a massive success.

It is a lot easier to have a "golden age" at a place with two small parks and a few hotels than something as complex as WDW. But I am very optimistic.

ouch do you got something aganist DLR since i thought it could stand on it's two feet for awhile ( well at least disneyland)

Skyway

I'm skeptical of rumors suggesting there will be some new additions.

However, if there are, my money is on the volcano that was just created for the new "Trader Sam's" tiki bar at the Disneyland hotel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKAIF9A9CDc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

As you can see, they use a window IDENTICAL to the windows at WDW's Tiki Room (in fact, isnt there already a volcano in those dioramas?)

I could imagine the room lights dimming and the volcano beginning to erupt during that short segment between the flowers singing and the tikis begin chanting (when the tikis on the ceiling begin banging drums). The thunderstorm would extinguish it.

Again, I doubt this will happen. But it would make the most sense since the effect was already designed for DL Hotel, and would fit the existing theater perfectly.

jt04

i can't wait for the tiki room to reopen as it's old self, mainly because i only saw UNM once and never saw it again

ouch do you got something aganist DLR since i thought it could stand on it's two feet for awhile ( well at least disneyland)

That is why I said DLR and not Disneyland. And I have nothing against the DLR resort but comparing it to WDW seems a stretch in almost all aspects. So again, it is easier to bring something like the DLR back from the brink as they have almost done. WDW will be much more difficult (and expensive) but I see many signs it is indeed happening. You might want to start with the FLE which gets better by the day.

TinkerBell9988

I'm skeptical of rumors suggesting there will be some new additions.

However, if there are, my money is on the volcano that was just created for the new "Trader Sam's" tiki bar at the Disneyland hotel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKAIF9A9CDc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

As you can see, they use a window IDENTICAL to the windows at WDW's Tiki Room (in fact, isnt there already a volcano in those dioramas?)

I could imagine the room lights dimming and the volcano beginning to erupt during that short segment between the flowers singing and the tikis begin chanting (when the tikis on the ceiling begin banging drums). The thunderstorm would extinguish it.

Again, I doubt this will happen. But it would make the most sense since the effect was already designed for DL Hotel, and would fit the existing theater perfectly.

I also heard rumors about new additions... The volcano is an interesting thought. Maybe the new additions are in reference to what would replace the fountain in the middle?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom