The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

NoChesterHester

I'm skeptical of rumors suggesting there will be some new additions.

However, if there are, my money is on the volcano that was just created for the new "Trader Sam's" tiki bar at the Disneyland hotel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKAIF9A9CDc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

As you can see, they use a window IDENTICAL to the windows at WDW's Tiki Room (in fact, isnt there already a volcano in those dioramas?)

I could imagine the room lights dimming and the volcano beginning to erupt during that short segment between the flowers singing and the tikis begin chanting (when the tikis on the ceiling begin banging drums). The thunderstorm would extinguish it.

Again, I doubt this will happen. But it would make the most sense since the effect was already designed for DL Hotel, and would fit the existing theater perfectly.

Awesome! I can't wait to go to Disneyland some day.

KingdomofDreams

That is why I said DLR and not Disneyland. And I have nothing against the DLR resort but comparing it to WDW seems a stretch in almost all aspects. So again, it is easier to bring something like the DLR back from the brink as they have almost done. WDW will be much more difficult (and expensive) but I see many signs it is indeed happening. You might want to start with the FLE which gets better by the day.

This caught my eye. Are you simply referring to it's progress, or is it in some way "getting better"?

I'm skeptical of rumors suggesting there will be some new additions.

However, if there are, my money is on the volcano that was just created for the new "Trader Sam's" tiki bar at the Disneyland hotel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKAIF9A9CDc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

As you can see, they use a window IDENTICAL to the windows at WDW's Tiki Room (in fact, isnt there already a volcano in those dioramas?)

I could imagine the room lights dimming and the volcano beginning to erupt during that short segment between the flowers singing and the tikis begin chanting (when the tikis on the ceiling begin banging drums). The thunderstorm would extinguish it.

Again, I doubt this will happen. But it would make the most sense since the effect was already designed for DL Hotel, and would fit the existing theater perfectly.

The volcano window bit wouldn't necessarily be bad, but I still believe the sight and sounds of a real water feature in the center of the room enhances the sensory experience like no screen effect can. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I just hope they didn't cut the fountain from the show without adding something to fill the void.

gerryu21220

It also confirms they're using the original, restored soundtrack. I was worried they would re-record the whole thing, as they have done for other, classic attraction soundtracks to my dismay.

MotherOfBirds

The Imagineering people must have the figures hidden away to keep them from being carried off and burned by the people on this thread :lol:

aladdin2007

Considering the fact that Stitch is roaming and fooling around mostly in Polynesia (Hawaii) I wouldn't completely deny the possibility of another act of the Tiki gods... :D

Problem is Disney thinks Stitchs Great Escape is "good enough". But maybe things will start turning round on that mentality slowly but surely, hopefully.

HMF

Problem is Disney thinks Stitchs Great Escape is "good enough". But maybe things will start turning round on that mentality slowly but surely, hopefully.
It's amazing that we have reached a point that we actually wish for attractions to catch on fire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom