The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

aladdin2007

Maybe when those walls around it come down it will look a little better. A nice 40 years of magic or something under it would have been nice, but I guess thats asking too much.

tirian

Am I the only who is underwhelmed? It was basically just thrown up where the old sign was and doesn't look right to me. I like the new sign just not the way it's mounted.

Like I said: It's crooked. A little too low on the left. Honestly, I think it's a little too large as well.

I agree. It's a nice sign... love the detail and patterns on it, but it needs better placement.

It's a lovely sign and I'm thrilled to see its timelessly retro vibe, but I have to admit is too big for that area. If my memory is correct, the sign in Disneyland also seems too big.

Told you. :D

*waits for someone to complain the sign looks top-heavy ...*

So you noticed? ;)

Now the big question is whether or not they'll let us eat Dole Whips inside the attraction. :D

WDWF

As happy as i am to see the return of The Enchanted Tiki Rooms i do feel that Disney should be moving forward not Back into the past sure keep the show it is a very nice show and a great family attraction but could do with being made more Modern instead of it's original show. That is why they Brought out Under New Management because it kept all the show and added some more (at the Time Modern) Anamatronic's.

That is what i fell any way. Looking forward to going to see it once again.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
As happy as i am to see the return of The Enchanted Tiki Rooms i do feel that Disney should be moving forward not Back into the past sure keep the show it is a very nice show and a great family attraction but could do with being made more Modern instead of it's original show. That is why they Brought out Under New Management because it kept all the show and added some more (at the Time Modern) Anamatronic's.

They should have never changed the original, what they should have done instead of UNM is what they did at Disneyland for the 50th, basically close the thing down and completely refurb the whole thing, and bring back the crowds

aladdin2007

They should have never changed the original, what they should have done instead of UNM is what they did at Disneyland for the 50th, basically close the thing down and completely refurb the whole thing, and bring back the crowds

Its overdue of course but at least they are doing just that now. Even if it did take a fire to make them get up off their patooties.

Enchantâmes

As happy as i am to see the return of The Enchanted Tiki Rooms i do feel that Disney should be moving forward not Back into the past sure keep the show it is a very nice show and a great family attraction but could do with being made more Modern instead of it's original show. That is why they Brought out Under New Management because it kept all the show and added some more (at the Time Modern) Animatronic's.

What you don't seem to realize is The Original Enchanted Tiki Room is timeless, and the whole reason UNM failed was because they tried to modernize it... If they made it modern by today's standards it would be outdated in less than 5 years just like UNM was...

gerryu21220

The biggest problem with UNM was it was focused on kids, rather than the whole family. The other problem was the lack of quality. The original show has that level of quality - and is for the whole family, not just the kiddies.

Tom

Beta Return
If they wanted to modernize it, without resorting to pop culture, they could make it almost a medley of parody of other WDW attractions.

For example, throw in music from Small World, Pirates, and Carousel of Progress. Maybe even poke fun at the Jungle Cruise. Throw in a cameo by Mickey or other members of the Fab Five.

Philharmagic has been a big hit because it's the first attraction that actually brought Disney characters back into MK attractions. With all the Mickey shows on TV - especially Disney Channel - kids can actually relate to them again.

So, it CAN be modernized and freshened up, without losing its timelessness, since the other Disney attractions will always be timeless, and most guests would recognize the music and jokes.

I fear that this revitalization of the original will merely appease us fans for a short while, and nobody else, and then we too will grow tired of the new novelty.

unclejay1960

I don't know how many people here have seen the orginal show but it lasted way to long. Every time I went to see the show people were getting up and leaving before the show ended. Why do you think they changed in the first place.

Jasonflz

:eek: The new sign is fantastic!!!

I'm a little nervous about how the show will be done, but this seems to be a BIG step in the right direction.

As long as there is no Katy Perry or Lady Gaga in the Tiki Room. :rolleyes:

The Duck

I don't know how many people here have seen the orginal show but it lasted way to long. Every time I went to see the show people were getting up and leaving before the show ended. Why do you think they changed in the first place.

Most of the people were leaving during the second number, AKA "The Offenbach Piece". This song was removed from the Disneyland version and has been rumored to be removed during this refurb. The editing made a much tighter show and attendance at Disneyland has been fairly strong. We'll all find out how WDW's Tikis make out in due time but I'm optomistic.

The Duck

If they wanted to modernize it, without resorting to pop culture, they could make it almost a medley of parody of other WDW attractions.

For example, throw in music from Small World, Pirates, and Carousel of Progress. Maybe even poke fun at the Jungle Cruise. Throw in a cameo by Mickey or other members of the Fab Five.

Philharmagic has been a big hit because it's the first attraction that actually brought Disney characters back into MK attractions. With all the Mickey shows on TV - especially Disney Channel - kids can actually relate to them again.

So, it CAN be modernized and freshened up, without losing its timelessness, since the other Disney attractions will always be timeless, and most guests would recognize the music and jokes.

I fear that this revitalization of the original will merely appease us fans for a short while, and nobody else, and then we too will grow tired of the new novelty.

We may see another refurb in years to come but we need to remember that WDW had to put this show together ASAP and bringing back the original ( or a reasonable facsimile) was the quickest, easiest and cheapest route to go.

lnsemsf

I don't know how many people here have seen the original show but it lasted way to long. Every time I went to see the show people were getting up and leaving before the show ended. Why do you think they changed in the first place.

The revised version of the original show as shown at Disneyland was shortened from the full length original version, removing the instrumental number which took up too much time, and was extremely dull. The new show is more streamlined than it was the last time it was it played in Florida. I go see the show out at DL several times a year and I've only seem maybe 5-10 walkouts total over 20+ visits. The new show, if it's a copy of Disneyland's show, should see far fewer early departures than in years past.

puntagordabob

:sohappy:

Some things should be changed for sure.....some things on the other hand should be left alone... This is a member of the Leave it alone club!

Offenbach was a sleeper song and made the show too long.....

TDO was also not maintaining the attraction...was literally falling apart....flowers were broken....birds with feathers falling off that were not supposed to...roof leaks....it was run down and people do not usually enjoy sitting in a dump.....

HOPEFULLY they removed Offenbach (we have been told it has been removed...but until we all see it with our own eyes we will not know for certain!) and hopefully they will keep the attraction in pristine condition moving forward.....

This could be a real winner for our Magic Kingdom..... Whether TDO made this choice out of the goodness of their hearts or simply because of the fire is not the point here...we have a rare opportunity to see something sooooo many of us have written and spoken so passionately about for almost 13 years now ACTUALLY HAPPEN..... A true Miracle imho!!!! BUT...and there is a BUT to this...we need to be sure to support this change....by doing so we can perhaps encourage TDO in the future to make choices that are passionately desired by our WDW Fan community...

TDO did something right here.... We all call them out when they do wrong... so we need to DEFINTELY Salute TDO when they do something right (and oh boy this is so VERY VERY RIGHT!)

So from Puntagordabob I give a Big :sohappy: Thumbs Up! :sohappy: to TDO, those responsible in Adventureland, and to the Imagineers who all made this possible.

Enchantâmes

Its not like anyone is forcing you to watch it... Also the edited version is not that long FYI.

TinkerBell9988

What is this I hear of the fountain not returning? Is this a silly rumor that my friend told me or is it for real?

Silly to have the original show without a fountain in the middle...

Expo_Seeker40

The pumps underneath the fountain were removed in 1997 when the show closed for the under new management overlay. From little birdies chirping pieces of information it looks like the fountain is not coming back....atleast for now. Some other effect will be on the pedastle for the time being.

As I said before the Offenbach piece used the fountain the most, the only time the fountain is mentioned in the 2005 disneyland version is when the bird mobile comes down. If the MK version gets no offenbach and has no fountain, I see no reason why they can't delete the reference to the enchanted fountain and go right to the bird mobile coming down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom