The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

Skyway

You can't make this up.

I just got an Annual Passholder email from Disney.

It included this description about the Tiki Room:

"It's as if the tiki gods themselves sent down a lightning bolt and transformed Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room into a classic version reminiscent of the original. Far-fetched? Maybe."

Either someone in PR was so clever they subtlety hinted at the old show's almost divine destruction, or they were clueless about the fire and the fan community's reaction to it.

SeaCastle

According to MinnieMGirl on Twitter, the Tiki Room fire happend eleven years to the day after the death of Marc Davis, and the Under New Management show lasted exactly 666 weeks.

TinkerBell9988

You can't make this up.

I just got an Annual Passholder email from Disney.

It included this description about the Tiki Room:

"It's as if the tiki gods themselves sent down a lightning bolt and transformed Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room into a classic version reminiscent of the original. Far-fetched? Maybe."

Either someone in PR was so clever they subtlety hinted at the old show's almost divine destruction, or they were clueless about the fire and the fan community's reaction to it.

:lol: That's pretty amazing.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
According to MinnieMGirl on Twitter, the Tiki Room fire happend eleven years to the day after the death of Marc Davis on Twitter, and the Under New Management show lasted exactly 666 weeks.

facepalm_anim_test-03.gif

:ROFLOL:

Spike-in-Berlin

Problem is Disney thinks Stitchs Great Escape is "good enough". But maybe things will start turning round on that mentality slowly but surely, hopefully.

I think Disney is so "Stitch-prone" because it was their only medium success (medium only compared to the mega box office hits in the 90ies) in a period of box office bombs like Treasure Planet and Atlantis, that's why they tend to overrate it. I don't like SGE (honestly who does?) but at least it's theme fits into Tomorrowland in opposite to MILF. Of course that doesn't change the fact that it is a boring attraction.

MotherOfBirds

Hehe MILF...

What's next, everyone starts praying for a meteor to land on Chester & Hester? I hoper there aren't a lot of pyromaniacs on this forum or there are going to be a LOT more people getting banned from Disney Property :lol:

Spike-in-Berlin

Hehe MILF...

What's next, everyone starts praying for a meteor to land on Chester & Hester? I hoper there aren't a lot of pyromaniacs on this forum or there are going to be a LOT more people getting banned from Disney Property :lol:

I would never do any damage to any Disney property. With the exception of Iago I have to confess, during my only visit to the UNM-show I had such a strong urge to climb up and grab the AA to rip him to pieces....but he is gone. Forever, thank to the gods and the forces to be.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Apparently the preshow is currently going on behind closed doors! Waterfall is running and its the original topical serenade, sunshine pavillion aswel!!

TinkerBell9988

Audio now up on Twitter and soundcloud :sohappy:

Can you link the tweet? Or let us know who tweeted it?!?! AHHHH I'm so excited.

EDIT: Found it! Originally tweeted by @DisKingdom: "Just recorded the original preshow at Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room - j.mp/oancHa (sounds odd to say that!) #TikiWatch"

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!

EDIT: Found it! Originally tweeted by @DisKingdom: "Just recorded the original preshow at Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room - j.mp/oancHa (sounds odd to say that!) #TikiWatch"

Its great to finally hear something :sohappy:

gerryu21220

Is there somewhere those of us not on twitter can hear?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom