The "Dumbo or Die" Pre Trip report..

Hello all! Now that I have finally finished my TR from our August trip, AND I have managed to save the $$ we will need to book the next trip.. I'm starting a PTR!

So let's see.. first off..who we are..

here's 6 of the 7 of us that will be on this trip:

Myself~Alison..36 year old mother of 4, homeschooler and office manager by day and bartender at a night club by night.

My husband~Eric.. mold maker by day and a newly born Disney Fanatic!

My mother~ AKA Gigi... 60 something Disney nut like her daughter!

My oldest son Noah~17 ,.he turns into a 4 year old the moment he steps on Disney property.

My youngest 3 kids.. Declan 9, Jadziah 8 and Taejan 6..all VERY anxiously awaiting me saying "we are going BACK".. they went for the 1st time in August and not a day goes by that they don't say they want to go back!
Photo0208FourBySix-1.jpg

here's the oldest kiddo:
IMG_8488.jpg

This trip it will just be us. Last time we traveled with 20 people total.. 8 in just my group. This time there will be NO girlfriend( if your wondering why..read my last trip report..good reading!) and we are not traveling with our best friends. As much as I love them, and it was fine all being together..I am not doing it again.

When: well that's up in the air.. we are aiming for mid September. Being homeschoolers we are way more flexible than most. If we are very lucky and FD comes out then we are good for Mid September 2012..if not then March 2013 because I'll need more time to save for food..lol.

Now why the name of the PTR? Well see..we never did make it on Dumbo..my younger 3 kids will never forgive me I fear. Between the lines, the heat and the fact my daughter was not well on our last day in MK we just never managed to ride it. My oldest son LOVES to tell them that when we went he got the 1st ride of the day on Dumbo about 6 times.. thanks Noah!

The kids all want to stay at Pop Century again. I'm fine with that.. we need 2 rooms and values are the only way to go for that. I'd be fine with trying an All Star but am game for whatever!

I haven't called and made ressies..I'm waiting til March 1st in hopes of free dining coming out..if it doesn't then I will still make them and move them if need be!

popcenturylover

Same here but, what can you do? You certainly can't change it! You just have to support them and go with the flow! Ours is due In Oct. how about yours?

Alison1975

Original Poster
So we are now at T-Minus 6 weeks! We pre-ordered Photopass Plus, I got my last kid his new duffle bag for traveling ( up til now I have always packed all 3 kids in a a rubbermaid tote..their clothes are too big now) and the last of mine and hubbies new clothes. Only things left to buy are new sneakers for Declan, new wiper blades for the van.. that's it..we are ready!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
40 days until we check in ( 38 til we leave).. I got the "On September 05, 2012, in 30 day(s), you can save time, skip the line and check in online." that was a great little message when I signed into Disney.com today!

Oh yeah!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
I have been trying for months to get a later ADR for O'Hana ( had 7:30 AM).. every day I check the website..well I did it..so excited.. we now have 9:50am ressies!! This is our MNSSHP day so not getting up THAT darn early is a huge plus!!! Yeppie!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Sat down and worked out of final plans. I am NOT an uber planner ( surprise) once we get there.. I am way more laid back than one might imagine when I am in WDW..lol.

Thursday Sept 13~ Eric and Noah go to work as normal. Eric will get out at 3 ( Noah at 3:30 and my mother will pick him up and he stays with her until they fly down). Shower and head out!

Friday Sept 14th-Drive until we hit south of Savannah GA ( the Pooler area roughly 16 hours) then make the decision on if we are stopping and if so where. We may decide to power thru and get to Orlando..either way find a place to stay and sleep!

Saturday Sept 15th- Depending on where we stopped head on over to BWI to be there between 8-10am. Check in ( we will have done Online Check in and alerted them to how early we planned to be there). If we have a wait for the room to be ready we will take the kids to the pool..if not settle the room. Spend the day exploring, enjoying and just relaxing and enjoying any entertainment on the boardwalk.

Sunday Sept 16th~ more enjoying and exploring..I want to be sure to go check out AoA .

Monday Sept 17th~ Noah and My mom will fly at 6:30 and are due to arrive at MCO at 9:25. We will check out of BWI and head over to POFQ..again we will have used online check in. Now it's either settle the 2 rooms or chill at the pool. Once my mom and Noah are here we will eat and do whatever we need to then head off to MK. We have dinner at CRT @ 6:50. If we feel up to it we will stay for MSEP and Wishes..if not back to the resort.

Tues Sept 18th~ Up and off to HS lunch @1:10 at 50's Prime Time

Wed Sept 19th ~ Up and off to Epcot dinner @5:20 at the Garden Grill

Thurs Sept 20th ~Up and off to AK. When park closes take bus to AKL for our 6:15 dinner at Boma.. then back to the resort for an "early" night.

Fri Sept 21st~ Up and out by 9..take bus to MK then monorail to GF for our @10:25 breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Then we can decide if we want to go to Epcot or MK.

Saturday Sept 22nd ~ Head off to Epcot sometime before 11:30.. lunch @1:00 at Teppan Edo. We plan to watch Illuminations this day.

Sunday Sept 23rd~ take our time then head off to AK. Head to The beach Club by 4pm for dinner @5pm at Cape May. Then grab a bus and get ourselves back to POFQ.Quiet night

Monday Sept 24th~ Head to HS eventually..stay however long we want ..no ADR's today so we can do whatever we want.

Tuesday Sept 25th~ Head MK then The Poly for breakfast at O'Hana @9:30. IF the weather is due to be nice that night we will have MNSSHP tickets..which means we will go back to POFQ and CHILL all day.. then head to the party between 4-6 that night. If the weather is gonna suck we will just head to MK or Epcot and enjoy the day.

Wed Sept 26th~ Last park day..whaa.. Magic Kingdom early.. enjoy the park..lunch at Crystal Palace @3:15 then eventually head back to the resort. Pack up as much as we can.

Thursday Sept 27 ~ My mom and Noah grab ME around 6am and fly out at 9:05. Eric and I will get the van all packed ,eat etc then head to Blizzard Beach for 10am opening. Spend the day at the waterpark then around 3 we get changed and head out. We have a 4.5 hour drive to my friends house outside Savannah GA.

Sept 28th and 29th ~ enjoy my friend and her family.

Sept 30th ~Head out from my friends around 8/9am . We have a 16 hour drive home.

Oct 1st~ arrive home somewhere around 1-3am..crash!

Oct 2nd~ Start planning next years WDW trip ( and if all went well we will have been able to book a bounceback )

Alison1975

Original Poster
Ok my 3 youngest have made up their minds.

The 7 year old will be a construction worker... he has all the parts so this is easy!

the 8 year old will be the "princess of hearts".. we had most of the items I just ordered a scepter and a tiara.

the 10 year old is going as a "mickey mouse's prisoner".. I can not wait to share pictures!!

minnielaw

Ok my 3 youngest have made up their minds.

The 7 year old will be a construction worker... he has all the parts so this is easy!

the 8 year old will be the "princess of hearts".. we had most of the items I just ordered a scepter and a tiara.

the 10 year old is going as a "mickey mouse's prisoner".. I can not wait to share pictures!!

How fun! They will be so darn cute :) Not long now...maybe you can start packing the "extra" clothes soon.

popcenturylover

Sat down and worked out of final plans. I am NOT an uber planner ( surprise) once we get there.. I am way more laid back than one might imagine when I am in WDW..lol.

Thursday Sept 13~ Eric and Noah go to work as normal. Eric will get out at 3 ( Noah at 3:30 and my mother will pick him up and he stays with her until they fly down). Shower and head out!

Friday Sept 14th-Drive until we hit south of Savannah GA ( the Pooler area roughly 16 hours) then make the decision on if we are stopping and if so where. We may decide to power thru and get to Orlando..either way find a place to stay and sleep!

Saturday Sept 15th- Depending on where we stopped head on over to BWI to be there between 8-10am. Check in ( we will have done Online Check in and alerted them to how early we planned to be there). If we have a wait for the room to be ready we will take the kids to the pool..if not settle the room. Spend the day exploring, enjoying and just relaxing and enjoying any entertainment on the boardwalk.

Sunday Sept 16th~ more enjoying and exploring..I want to be sure to go check out AoA .

Monday Sept 17th~ Noah and My mom will fly at 6:30 and are due to arrive at MCO at 9:25. We will check out of BWI and head over to POFQ..again we will have used online check in. Now it's either settle the 2 rooms or chill at the pool. Once my mom and Noah are here we will eat and do whatever we need to then head off to MK. We have dinner at CRT @ 6:50. If we feel up to it we will stay for MSEP and Wishes..if not back to the resort.

Tues Sept 18th~ Up and off to HS lunch @1:10 at 50's Prime Time

Wed Sept 19th ~ Up and off to Epcot dinner @5:20 at the Garden Grill

Thurs Sept 20th ~Up and off to AK. When park closes take bus to AKL for our 6:15 dinner at Boma.. then back to the resort for an "early" night.

Fri Sept 21st~ Up and out by 9..take bus to MK then monorail to GF for our @10:25 breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Then we can decide if we want to go to Epcot or MK.

Saturday Sept 22nd ~ Head off to Epcot sometime before 11:30.. lunch @1:00 at Teppan Edo. We plan to watch Illuminations this day.

Sunday Sept 23rd~ take our time then head off to AK. Head to The beach Club by 4pm for dinner @5pm at Cape May. Then grab a bus and get ourselves back to POFQ.Quiet night

Monday Sept 24th~ Head to HS eventually..stay however long we want ..no ADR's today so we can do whatever we want.

Tuesday Sept 25th~ Head MK then The Poly for breakfast at O'Hana @9:30. IF the weather is due to be nice that night we will have MNSSHP tickets..which means we will go back to POFQ and CHILL all day.. then head to the party between 4-6 that night. If the weather is gonna suck we will just head to MK or Epcot and enjoy the day.

Wed Sept 26th~ Last park day..whaa.. Magic Kingdom early.. enjoy the park..lunch at Crystal Palace @3:15 then eventually head back to the resort. Pack up as much as we can.

Thursday Sept 27 ~ My mom and Noah grab ME around 6am and fly out at 9:05. Eric and I will get the van all packed ,eat etc then head to Blizzard Beach for 10am opening. Spend the day at the waterpark then around 3 we get changed and head out. We have a 4.5 hour drive to my friends house outside Savannah GA.

Sept 28th and 29th ~ enjoy my friend and her family.

Sept 30th ~Head out from my friends around 8/9am . We have a 16 hour drive home.

Oct 1st~ arrive home somewhere around 1-3am..crash!

Oct 2nd~ Start planning next years WDW trip ( and if all went well we will have been able to book a bounceback )
Sounds great! We have tickets for MNSSHP on the 25th. So, maybe we'll see you there!?

Alison1975

Original Poster
Sounds great! We have tickets for MNSSHP on the 25th. So, maybe we'll see you there!?

That would be cool!! I'll be posting pics of the kids costumes once we have them complete so you will know who to look for! I havent bought tickets yet.. will when we get on property!

popcenturylover

That would be cool!! I'll be posting pics of the kids costumes once we have them complete so you will know who to look for! I havent bought tickets yet.. will when we get on property!
We bought t-shirts. (DH & I) They are Minnie & Agent P. (from Phineas & Ferb) DD is going to be Princess Cinderella in her wedding dress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom