The Dark Knight Countdown

WDWFREAK53

It wouldn't be the first time a solid take on a character influenced the comics. As I recall, they basically gave Mr. Freeze a total makeover in the books to match the kickass animated version.

One thing I like about Ledger's character is you could actually imagine this guy walking around. As good as Jack Nicholson's and Mark Hamill's takes were, they were still too clownish to imagine in reality. (Hamill's WAS a cartoon, of course.) So that might be Ledger's impact on the books, a more "realistic" Joker.

That's basically why I like these movies more than ANY other comic-book based movie/series.

They are somewhat believable. While I loved IronMan...it's not really believable. While I liked The Incredible Hulk...it's a little "out there."

Batman Begins was a turning point. You got to see where he got his training...why his mind is the way it is...why he used the "Bat" as a symbol...where his gadgets come from. He has no super powers. He has a LOT of money...and the people working for him that can make it happen. IronMan was close...but still a little "out there."

imagineer boy

LOL...you know what is funny? Just last night I was talking to my wife about Catwoman and she asked who I would want to play her.

I didn't even have to think...Kate Beckinsale.

Eh, I can't say I'm a big fan of her being catwoman. I think Marley Shelton ( Doc Block's Wife from Grindhouse ) would make a teriffic catwoman.

Green Lantern

Original Poster
Bale almost contradicts himself, though. He has said many times that Dark Victory is his favorite Batman story, and Robin is introduced in that story.

Anyway...I got to thinking pretty deep in the last few minutes. Not only has Nolan upped the ante as far as Batman movies go...he has done the same with the comics as well. Tell me Grant Morrison isn't going to try and take the Joker to a new level during his current Batman run. Or how about Jeff Loeb, Alan Moore or Frank Miller? They are probably all thinking "Yeah, that was a cool Batman film...but watch this!!"

Don't forget Alan Moore did take the Joker into some pretty insane places with A Killing Joke. SHooting Batgirl in the waist, paralyzing her, then taking naked photos of her and turturing her father with them!

As for Loeb, unfortunately we have to wait until his exclusive contract with Marvel runs out. I wish he was still writing for DC.

SeaBreeze

That's basically why I like these movies more than ANY other comic-book based movie/series.

They are somewhat believable. While I loved IronMan...it's not really believable. While I liked The Incredible Hulk...it's a little "out there."

Batman Begins was a turning point. You got to see where he got his training...why his mind is the way it is...why he used the "Bat" as a symbol...where his gadgets come from. He has no super powers. He has a LOT of money...and the people working for him that can make it happen. IronMan was close...but still a little "out there."

I completely agree with everything you said. I love how realistic this series has been so far.

There's actually a show on the History Channel right now discussing Batman's technology :) It's quite fun

imagineer boy

As much as I love the realistic feel of the new batman movies, it kinda comes at the expence of the comic-book feel of the movie.

Now if I were to invision a perfect looking Gotham, it would be a hybrid between the new realistic looking gotham, and Tim Burton's visual style. That would be an interesting look I think. But oh well, I'm not complaining. I love the Dark Knight anyways!

WDWFREAK53

As much as I love the realistic feel of the new batman movies, it kinda comes at the expence of the comic-book feel of the movie.

Now if I were to invision a perfect looking Gotham, it would be a hybrid between the new realistic looking gotham, and Tim Burton's visual style. That would be an interesting look I think. But oh well, I'm not complaining. I love the Dark Knight anyways!

While I agree...there are two extremes we can look at. The realism of the Dark Knight...and the Comic-bookness of Ang Lee's Hulk.

Ironman, IMHO, was a perfect blend of the two. (As was Spider-Man 1 & 2)

Green Lantern

Original Poster

That would look pretty cool!

Timmay

SPOILER******************************************

You know, the more I think about this, the more I come to realize Dent may not be "gone". If he is "gone", that would mean Batman did it...which we all know can't be the case.

What say you??

WDWFREAK53

You know, the more I think about this, the more I come to realize Dent may not be "gone". If he is "gone", that would mean Batman did it...which we all know can't be the case.

What say you??

Riddle Me This...Riddle Me That...
The next one will have me...and a kinky little cat ;)

Green Lantern

Original Poster

What say you??

A few people have actually said this to me as well.

Let's stop and think of the worst Batman villains we DON'T want in the new film. For me it would be Egghead from the Adam West series. Or Louie the Lilac.

WDWFREAK53

A few people have actually said this to me as well.

Let's stop and think of the worst Batman villains we DON'T want in the new film. For me it would be Egghead from the Adam West series. Or Louie the Lilac.

:lol: I'm not going to lie...when I saw The Dark Knight...and Bruce told Lucious that he needed a new suit...I said (outloud), "PLEASE NO NIPPLES!"

WDWFREAK53

Why, why, why did Joel Schumacher feel the need for bat-nipples on the costume? What was the big idea behind it?

Why did he feel the need to do a lot of things?

Like...turn Bane into a mindless brute that really acted like an overgrown baby instead of having him being the one guy that "ended" Batman.

It wasn't Bane that killed Batman...it was Joel Schumacher.

Green Lantern

Original Poster
Why did he feel the need to do a lot of things?

Like...turn Bane into a mindless brute that really acted like an overgrown baby instead of having him being the one guy that "ended" Batman.

It wasn't Bane that killed Batman...it was Joel Schumacher.

Good point. If I remember correctly, Bane was actually intelligent in the comics.

The moment I knew the movie Batman & Robin was doomed was when I saw Batman slide down the dinosaurs back like Fred Flinstone. A half hour later I walked out.

imagineer boy

That would look pretty cool!

Yeah, just imagine:

The city scape is dotted with modern looking buildings, modern roads and highways, and the monorail. But also in the mix are old buildings from the 30s with the gothic art-deco look to them. The city hall is in this style as well as the old court house and the old wing of arkham asylum. But a majority of these old buildings have fallen into disrepair and most are abandoned. Others aren't lit up at night with the exceptions of only a few window lights on.

Ooh I get shivers thinking about it!:D

Why, why, why did Joel Schumacher feel the need for bat-nipples on the costume? What was the big idea behind it?

Well, Joel Schumacher is openly gay so I think you get the picture.:lol:

BTW, did anyone see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOWc_O6kJZw :lol: I love the old animated series.

Wilt Dasney

The moment I knew the movie Batman & Robin was doomed was when I saw Batman slide down the dinosaurs back like Fred Flinstone. A half hour later I walked out.
So you missed the part where Michael Keaton woke up and said "wow, what a weird dream" before he went off to brood on a rooftop and bust up some drug dealers? :lookaroun

k.hunter30

I did :)

Meow.
:lol:
DH and I looked at each other right after Lucius said that.

If it is the case, I wonder who they'd pick to play the role... I don't think I'd be surprised no matter who is picked, considering Heath Ledger was quite a shocker when it first leaked he would play The Joker.

Wilt Dasney

:lol:
DH and I looked at each other right after Lucius said that.

If it is the case, I wonder who they'd pick to play the role... I don't think I'd be surprised no matter who is picked, considering Heath Ledger was quite a shocker when it first leaked he would play The Joker.
James Earl Jones would be a bit of a surprise :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom