The Dark Knight Countdown

EpcotServo

Can't wait! Seeing it late tomorrow night.

(and by the way, now that Dark Knight is out, be sure to join me in the Watchmen Watch thread!)
:)

WDWFREAK53

A project that we worked on at my company for MIT is called the STATA Center. There is a glass wind-dam to prevent wind to whip through the "common" areas between the buildings.

This was spotted today on that wind dam.

Attachments

• StataBat.JPG
    StataBat.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 10

imagineer boy

Okay, I just got back from it and here's my review. WARNING: Contains MAJOR spoilers

First off, all I can say is: HOORAY! They killed off Racheal Dawes!:sohappy: Thank you Joker!

Anyways, what a great movie! Definately the best comic movie ever.

I was at first very dissapointed to see Heath Ledger cast as the Joker when it was announced, but he surpassed all my expectations. He was vile and creepy while being hilarious at the same time.

Over all very enjoyable, and the action sequences were incredible.

There were only a few things I didn't like:

As much as I liked seeing Two-face, I thought there was way too much of him. Why couldn't they just save him until the next movie? And I thought the final scenes with him at the end lasted way too long and weren't needed.

And I was dissapointed that the monorails from the first movie weren't anywhere to be seen.

But besides that, GREAT movie. Be sure to see it in Imax!

CaptainMichael

darkknightby6-3.jpg

I loved the story that goes along with that saying. The man is very much demented.

EpcotServo

Amazing how a dime-store 1930's comic has inspired such an amazing morallity Crime-Drima, that seriously messed with my head and toyed with my emotions!

Thank you Chris Nolan. You have made the perfect Batman film.
:sohappy:

(Minor Spoiler ahead)

(And extra-thank you for not skimping on the Two-Face goodness!)
:D

Fashionista007

SPOILER ALERT! If you don't wanna know...don't read this!

Overall a great movie but I didn't like it quite as much as Batman Begins. I didn't think the plot was as good and it was a bit long.

Heath Ledger was AMAZING. I was skeptical but in my mind he was better than Jack Nicholson AND Mark Hamill (the voice of the joker in the animated series). When they make another Batman film, they had better cut the joker out of it completely. If they recast that part, it would be a horrible mistake. That's how good Heath Ledger was. I don't think anyone can top him.

I really liked Maggie Gyllenhal (no idea how to spell that) as Rachel. I wish she was in the first one instead of crazy Katie Holmes. Maggie is a MUCH better actress with more depth.

I loved the two face build up. I wish they had kept him around for the third one. Oh well, they have plenty of villains to work with besides the joker, two face, and the scarecrow. I'd like to see a dark version of the Riddler in the next one.

This is definitely worth seeing in the theater. Since ticket prices have skyrocketed over the past few years, I am very picky on what I decide to see in the theater and what can wait for DVD release. Definitely see this one in the theater!

imagineer boy

When they make another Batman film, they had better cut the joker out of it completely. If they recast that part, it would be a horrible mistake. That's how good Heath Ledger was. I don't think anyone can top him.

I think the Joker returning is inevidable. Probably in the last film of the franchise where Batman and the Joker have a final showdown. If they can recast Racheal Dawes flawlessly then they can recast the Joker I think. It can be done. They could also introduce Harely Quinn while they're at it.

By the way, I have a question. *SPOILERS*

Is twoface dead? If he is, I'm very dissapointed. I would've liked to see alot more of him possibly in the next movie.

Also, I think I'd like to see Catwoman in the next movie.

Fashionista007

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

If they can recast Racheal Dawes flawlessly then they can recast the Joker I think. It can be done. They could also introduce Harely Quinn while they're at it.

I don't think you can compare the Joker to Rachel. Katie Holmes was easily recast and the part was MUCH better filled by Maggie Gyllenhal. I think it would be really tough for them to find a replacement for Heath Ledger. It could happen though, they did it for Dumbledore.

Is twoface dead? If he is, I'm very dissapointed. I would've liked to see alot more of him possibly in the next movie.

You never know if he's really dead or not. We thought Gordon was dead for almost half the movie. I hope they bring twoface back, he was AWESOME.

Also, I think I'd like to see Catwoman in the next movie.

That would be cool. I like the Harley Quinn idea better though. She hasn't been in any of the Batman movies yet.

Timmay

Saw it early, happily.

Well, this will not make some happy...but here it is.

Simply put, this is the best movie ever. Not just comic book movie...but best movie ever! I am going to try and not give away spoilers or anything else at this point, that will come later when enough of the other folks have seen it.

The Joker was amazing...exactly like I enjoy him to be in the comics...just plain chaotic and twisted (The Killing Joke and The Long Halloween). Dent was fantastic, in both roles. Dawes finally had a purpose, unlike the first movie. The story was flawless and I was sad it could not have lasted longer. The chills I got each time the Joker and Batman faced of, with an eruption from the crowd during their second to last meeting at the police station, were just incredible! Bruce starting to see that he really isn't Bruce after all....never has been. He is really batman.

Only one bad thing...I am afraid Nolan will see just how brilliant this movie is in the weeks to come and that will be it for his involvement with Batman. I don't know if he will even want to try and top it...I don't even know if that can be done by anyone. As someone said earlier, there are plenty of villains in the Batman world, but I think none will add the kind of conflict, and flat out terror, that the Joker and Two Face can muster (maybe Ivy or Catwoman...maybe) . I could be wrong, and hope that I am.

Until then, I will watch this movie as many times as I can. Brilliant, emotional and amazing stroy telling.
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

EpcotServo

Until then, I will watch this movie as many times as I can. Brilliant, emotional and amazing stroy telling.
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Glad you liked it! How did you like the watchmen trailer?

Saw it for the second time today. Man, still a powerful film.

(And by the way, Hot Topic is giving you 10% off all Dark Knight merch if you have a ticket stub. Boy am I glad I forgot to throw yesterday's ticket stub away! It was still in my pocket...:lol:)

Timmay

Glad you liked it! How did you like the watchmen trailer?
Holy cripes!! I even forgot to mention that. I almost wet myself it looked so cool. I don't think I have ever seen a trailer before that made me feel like a movie was going to be nailed so well. I was just in awe as to how everything looked and sounded. The way the characters carried themselves, their actions and looks were right out of the book. :D

imagineer boy

As someone said earlier, there are plenty of villains in the Batman world, but I think none will add the kind of conflict, and flat out terror, that the Joker and Two Face can muster (maybe Ivy or Catwoman...maybe) . I could be wrong, and hope that I am.

I think all Batman villains can be very scary if done properly.

Poison Ivy: Kills unsuspecting victims with poisons that cause gruesome deaths.

Riddler: If you answer his riddle wrong, he kills his hostages.

Penguin: Head of a powerful mob, and has a gun in his umbrella. Yeah.

Catwoman: Extremely stealthy with a whip and claws.

Mr Freeze ( I have no idea if they can protray him realistically ): Encases anyone in ice who gets in his way where they slowly suffocate and freeze to death.

Anyways, the Watchmen trailer looked interesting. I've never heard of the comics before, but it looked cool. And its directed by the director of 300!:sohappy:

krankenstein

*SPOILERS*

**SPOILERS**

We were debating this too, I really don't think he is. They never came out and said he was, so I think he will be back in the next one.

I would like to send a big THANKS to Christopher Nolan for killing Rachel. I clapped when that happened. :lol:

Timmay

I think all Batman villains can be very scary if done properly.

Poison Ivy: Kills unsuspecting victims with poisons that cause gruesome deaths.

Riddler: If you answer his riddle wrong, he kills his hostages.

Penguin: Head of a powerful mob, and has a gun in his umbrella. Yeah.

Catwoman: Extremely stealthy with a whip and claws.

Mr Freeze ( I have no idea if they can protray him realistically ): Encases anyone in ice who gets in his way where they slowly suffocate and freeze to death.

Nolan has already said he considers The Penguin too “silly” a character to use. We can probably be sure then that Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, Clayface and that group fit in to the “too silly” group as well, as Penguin is the scariest of all those.

I think the only other one that can have the psychological impact that Joker and Two-Face have is Ventriloquist/Scarface…but he is not nearly well known enough.

Maybe Ra’s al Ghul can be brought back…along side Talia al Ghul. Now that, my friends, could be something.

Wilt Dasney

Nolan has already said he considers The Penguin too “silly” a character to use. We can probably be sure then that Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, Clayface and that group fit in to the “too silly” group as well, as Penguin is the scariest of all those.

I think the only other one that can have the psychological impact that Joker and Two-Face have is Ventriloquist/Scarface…but he is not nearly well known enough.

Maybe Ra’s al Ghul can be brought back…along side Talia al Ghul. Now that, my friends, could be something.
I don't think Penguin really has the chops to carry a film. I watched Batman Returns for the first time in ages last night, and Devito's character just came off as more silly than menacing to me. Running for mayor (which is a very Penguinish thing to do, so it's a weakness of the character to some extent), running around with umbrellas...it kinda works in small doses, but it wears thin over the course of a movie IMO.

Clayface...too weird/sci-fi. He's more in the mold of a Spider-Man villain in my mind.

Croc...better as a backup thug than a starring baddie. Just not a lot to work with there for a 2-hour film.

Riddler is tricky. Jim Carrey sorta took him back to the manic Frank Gorshin portrayal, when I thought the animated version was already a big improvement on the "crazy" Riddler that came before (and with Carrey, after). I think the more subdued interpretation would work well on the big screen, but he'd need to be a back-up villain.

I definitely wouldn't automatically consign Mr. Freeze to the silly category, though. Yes, Ahnold butchered that character, but the animated Mr. Freeze is absolutely one of the most compelling, textured bad guys I've ever seen, so it can be done. (Can you tell I tend to think the animated series nailed every character?) :lol:

Never cared much for Ventriloquist, but I'll give anything a chance if it comes from this same crew.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom