The Culmination of It All - Tom & Sarah's WDW HONEYMOON Pre-Trip Report

It really has been a long time in the making. It has been roughly two and a half years since I first reported our Engagement during Christmas Wishes! on the Beach of the Polynesian. During that time, we have taken four additional trips to WDW in August 2008,
November/December 2008, August 2009 and October 2009.

For those unfamiliar with us, here are the characters to the Story. I'm Tom, the male. Sarah, female, is my beautiful fiancee.

The planning began almost immediately after we returned from that engagement trip with the first inquiry being a substantial one: Walt Disney World wedding? This question was one that we really struggled with. If we did a Disney wedding, that would effectively preclude many family members from attending, either as they wouldn't or couldn't fly, or that it would be too expensive for them to attend. Conversely, the wedding is about us, and Walt Disney World is definitely the location that best represents us. Me being the selfish one, I was slightly leaning towards the WDW option, while Sarah was leaning towards the other option, a wedding at our college, which is also conveniently halfway between Indianapolis, Sarah's hometown, and Plainwell (Michigan), my hometown. When we went on the August 2008 trip, we met with a Disney Fairytale Wedding planner, which sealed the deal. Although there are options priced for all budgets, the value for our money we could get in Valparaiso far exceeded Disney's comparable offering. Thus a Valparaiso wedding it would be.

The only other planning detail to which I can speak is the photographer, as that was my main task. My requirement here was that we find someone better than me. While that might sound arrogant, there are a surprising number of terrible wedding photographers out there. It seems these days anyone who buys a DSLR immediately fancies themselves as a professional. That is not the case. (Let this be a word of caution to any of you about to get married...make sure you do your homework and get an actual wedding photographer, not some cheap-o fly-by-night hack). It took a little while, but I ultimately found a great guy, who also happens to be a stunning photographer. Certainly miles above my ability, so I have no worries there.

If you have other questions about the planning details (I know that stuff might appeal to girls, and I suppose is a proper subject for a pre-trip report!), pose them here, and maybe Sarah will stop out of the shadows of lurkerdom, and post to answer them. Anything else you want to find out about the wedding can be found at our Wedding Website, AyresBricker.com.

Okay, enough actual wedding details--after all, this is a pre-trip report! Let's get discussing that minor detail that seems to follow the wedding...THE HONEYMOON!

Since we couldn't do a WDW wedding, we decided we had to do a WDW honeymoon! We started planning this at around the same time wedding planning began, with the fitting resort destination being the Polynesian. After all, it was where we got engaged, and our "dream" resort. Then we saw the price tag. Unfortunately, being a student doesn't pay as well as it might seem, so that was difficult to stomach.

Still, it would be our honeymoon, and we thought we deserved a little luxury. I started tossing around ideas, and one that I kept coming back to was Disney Vacation Club. We had already done several DVC tours (mostly for the free swag) both in WDW and at the Doorway to Dreams store in Chicago, and were subscribed to several resale emails, so much of the homework there was already done. I began pricing it out, and for only about $1,000 more than it would cost to stay at the Poly (assuming a reasonable discount on the Poly for our stay) we could buy a DVC contract that, if we banked all of our 2009 points and borrowed all of our 2011 points, would be enough to stay at Beach Club, BoardWalk, or Bay Lake Tower (three other "dream" resorts) for the duration of our stay. Even though the contract would cost $1,000 more, it was much more palatable given that it would have a great amount of residual value after our honeymoon. So we did it. It cost a substantial amount of the money we make with our summer jobs, and since we've made a lot of sacrifices during this school year and have been on a tighter budget, but we are both pretty happy about that decision.

With DVC, as you may know, you may book your non-home resort 7 months in advance. This meant that early one morning last December, we both got up and made the call to DVC at exactly 9 a.m. to book BoardWalk (first choice), Beach Club (second choice), or BLT (third choice). Sarah got through first. I watched with much eagerness. I saw her eyes light up. They BoardWalk! Woo hoo, 7 days at BoardWalk!!!

Our excitement at that point probably couldn't be much higher. Until a couple of days later, when Sarah convinced me that we should stay 10 days. I was reluctant about this at first, as I will be taking the Bar Exam in July, and I should be studying for long portions of the day everyday from May until July. Taking seven days off already has me a little nervous. But like I said above, it's our honeymoon--what the heck...and it's Disney! I can always retake the Bar! :ROFLOL:

Unfortunately, we did not have enough points to book the additional days at BoardWalk, nor was there any availability even if we did, so Sarah booked the additional three days at Old Key West. Not too shabby!!!

Around that same time, which was my finals time for the Fall semester, Sarah undertook the massive task of making our Advance Dining Reservations. Massive task is not an understatement. Since the park hours were not yet posted, Sarah made many reservations, most of which will be canceled when we get closer to the date of the actual honeymoon. Below are the ADRs we have currently. The ADR in italics is one we likely will use, bold is ones we'll definitely use, and regular font are ones likely to be canceled.

Sunday June 13, 2010:
Dinner - Kouzzina
Dinner - Garden Grill
Dinner - Kona Cafe
Dinner - 'Ohana

Monday June 14, 2010:
Lunch - Sci Fi Diner
Dinner - Sanaa
Dinner - Coral Reef
Dinner - Yak & Yeti

Tuesday June 15, 2010:
Dinner - Yak & Yeti
Dinner - Le Cellier
Dinner - Biergarten
Dinner - Coral Reef
Dinner - Sci Fi Diner

Wednesday June 16, 2010:
Breakfast - Cape May Cafe

Thursday June 17, 2010:
Dinner - Le Cellier
Dinner - 'Ohana
Dinner - Kona Cafe

Friday June 18, 2010:
Breakfast - Crystal Palace
Dinner - Victoria & Albert's

Saturday June 19, 2010:
Lunch - Beaches and Cream
Dinner - California Grill

Sunday June 20, 2010:
Dinner - Kona Cafe
Dinner - The Wave
Dinner - 'Ohana

Monday June 21, 2010:
Dinner - Sci Fi Diner
Dinner - Coral Reef Cafe
Dinner - Yak & Yeti

Tuesday June 22, 2010:
Dinner - Le Cellier
Dinner - 'Ohana

Wednesday June 23, 2010:
Breakfast - Crystal Palace

In the original post, I also had our tentative touring plan, but I think I will hold off on reposting that (it's almost bed time!) until a later date when I can be a little more thorough with it. Plus, I want to give you something to look forward to! :p We have been planning on a daily basis, so I will keep updating as more details are decided upon. Until then, thanks for reading and giving me something to do as I count down the 73 agonizing days (well, 72 agonizing days since the day before should be pretty fun!!!) until the Honeymoon!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
If you've never been to Sci-Fi, as hard-core Disney fans, you must go at least once. As several people have said, the food is average (and overpriced for what it is), but the atmosphere is the reason you're there.

The first time we ate there, we didn't even get to sit in a car--in the back, there are a few "picnic tables", round tables for two with a faux umbrella, and it was a very interesting perspective; we had a full view of the entire place from the back, the tail lights of all the "cars" filled with people, and the roller-skating servers as they moved from car to car, and we could enjoy the movie clips as well.

NewfieFan

I'm so excited for our "Disneymoon", Tom!
I love you so much!

Awwwww, so cute! Sarah makes her introduction - welcome to the boards! (Btw, I like your name... mine's Sarah too! :animwink:)

So, looking forward to reading this TR! I've been following your story and of course the proposal was amazing! (Be still my beating heart!)

Wishing you a wonderful wedding, honeymoon, and a life together! So much to be looking forward to. We (my husband and I) are only young ourselves (cough31cough) but we're celebrating 10 years of marriage the end of this month. Can't believe it... and you know what... it's better now than the day we married. I wish the same thing for both of you!

sweetpee_1993

Question:
We have heard a lot of negative things about the Sci-Fi Diner. We have wanted to go there a while because the ambiance looks great, but the negative reviews about the food have us pretty scared. Any experiences you can share with the restaurant to help us make the decision?

If you don't recommend the Sci-Fi, anything not on our list that you do recommend (nothing at the Studios) that might be classified as a 'hidden gem'?

Thanks!

First of all, gotta say y'all are just too dang sweet. Makes me wanna get some biscuits and sop ya up. :lol:

You're getting married on my birthday!!! I dunno if that's a curse or what but hey, there it is. If I'm not mistaken this is also the day that OJ (allegedly) off'd his ex & the waiter. Geez, I'm glad y'all are getting married on June 12th if for no other reason so I can say that something good happened on that day. :D

Sci-Fi... I agree that every Disney fan should try it at least once. I definitely prefer it for lunch vs. dinner. The dinner menu just seemed weird to me with it's lack of the burger. If you **have** to go for dinner you can still request the burger. I did. Last time I ate there was in May last year with my brother & his girls. I think Jerry & I got it right by splitting the burger & fries so we could have a sundae for dessert. MMmmmmm!!! :slurp:

Yaaaayyy!!! I'm so excited for y'all!!!! :sohappy::sohappy:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Question:
We have heard a lot of negative things about the Sci-Fi Diner. We have wanted to go there a while because the ambiance looks great, but the negative reviews about the food have us pretty scared. Any experiences you can share with the restaurant to help us make the decision?

If you don't recommend the Sci-Fi, anything not on our list that you do recommend (nothing at the Studios) that might be classified as a 'hidden gem'?

Thanks!

Sci-Fi is good. The food is just pretty basic stuff. I think it IS more atmosphere based over great and variety of foods. The Ribs were great that I had there. We are eating there again next trip...

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Everyone should try the Sci Fi once!

I've heard all bad reviews about the food. Personally, I've never experienced a bad meal at Sci Fi. The food is about what I would expect from Disney. The reason to go is the atmosphere. The place is practically an attraction in and of itself.

Don't let anyone dissuade you. Check it out for yourself. I think you'll have fun even if the food doesn't knock your socks off.

I posted a lengthy description of our most recent meal at Sci Fi here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=4048620&postcount=98

Check it out if you want to read more.

Thanks for the review--definitely helpful information!

I have to second what Lebeau said about Sci-Fi. I was extremly worried about the food considering the bad rap that place gets. In the end I think my low expectations worked in our favor because I was pleasantly surprised with how much we enjoyed our meals. I ordered the ribs with cole slaw and fries. For some reason, I really enjoyed the cole slaw. Weird thing to enjoy about a meal...I know. Hubby ordered the shrimp and bow tie pasta and ate every last stinking bite.

On the dessert side, I ordered some apple crisp type thing and was not pleased with it. But by that point I was so full it didn't matter.

I definitely think it is worth the visit. That's just my two cents.

I didn't even realize they had options like ribs until seeing your post. I thought it was all burgers and sandwiches (obviously with a few other options). Thanks for the review!

Amen! As a fellow starving student, I couldn't agree more. Good luck on the bar!

Congratulations and I can't wait to read more!

Thanks! It has been a year on a shoe-string budget, but I know it'll totally be worth it come June when we step into the BoardWalk for the first time!

Congrats to both of you. We had our honeymoon in WDW, in Aug of 02. Where we bought into the vacation club on our honeymoon. Its one of the best decisions we ever made. Some thought we were crazy buying that on our honeymoon, and you guys stepped it up and bought befor eyou got married. Thats awesome and your right, for a little extra money your getting years of vacations than just a weeks worth. Wise investment as we have never regretted it one bit.

If we didn't buy it before the honeymoon, we probably would end up waiting 3-4 years. I think a house and two new cars will take priority once we're married, and following that, we'll try to add on 150-250 points.

:wave:Congrats on your upcoming marriage and Disneymoon Tom and Sarah!!!!! I look foward to reading about your many adventures....I hope to be writing my very first trip report when i return from my may8-16 trip to the World with my hubby. I introduced him to WDW in 2007 and he as been hooked ever since. We make 1-2 trips per year to WDW and are soooo excited to introduce our daughter to WDW in Dec for her first trip which will be on her 4th birthday!!!!!!!! This may will be our 4th trip without her but we will be doing research to see what we want to have planned for her induction into our club for DISNEY FANATICS!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to see your pics and report, i hope my trip report is half as good as yours.......i may need some practice.:ROFLOL:

Thanks! Your trip is right around the corner, and it sounds like you definitely have reason to be excited, too. Can't wait to see/read your TR when you return!

as for Sci fi
Dont go by my opinion, while the atmoshere is cool at Sci-fi, i have been there 3 times(not my choice other people demanded it) and gotten sick twice. But thats just me........many love it.

Good to know...it definitely sounds like a mixed bag.

Hi Tom!!! :wave: Hope all is well! I personally go to the Sci-Fi almost every trip I go on.... The food is average at best, but the atmosphere is why we keep going back. I also have an 8 year old son who things it the best thing since slice bread :ROFLOL: So that too is a major factor for our continuous visits!

Interesting point. It sounds as if many people are saying it's worth "doing once," and good for children. From that perspective, we're wondering if maybe we should wait until we have kids, and go then...

I'm so excited to read your trip report! it's always filled with gorgeous pictures, I love it!

As for Sci Fi..I've only been once. Yes the atmosphere is cool but I found the food to be terrible. And for a honeymoon trip, you might want to consider not being able to sit across and look at Sarah. It's just a thought.

Another helpful review--thank you!

If you've never been to Sci-Fi, as hard-core Disney fans, you must go at least once. As several people have said, the food is average (and overpriced for what it is), but the atmosphere is the reason you're there.

The first time we ate there, we didn't even get to sit in a car--in the back, there are a few "picnic tables", round tables for two with a faux umbrella, and it was a very interesting perspective; we had a full view of the entire place from the back, the tail lights of all the "cars" filled with people, and the roller-skating servers as they moved from car to car, and we could enjoy the movie clips as well.

I am sensing a trend here...your thoughts echo those on a recent WDWToday podcast to which I listened, too.

Awwwww, so cute! Sarah makes her introduction - welcome to the boards! (Btw, I like your name... mine's Sarah too! :animwink:)

So, looking forward to reading this TR! I've been following your story and of course the proposal was amazing! (Be still my beating heart!)

Wishing you a wonderful wedding, honeymoon, and a life together! So much to be looking forward to. We (my husband and I) are only young ourselves (cough31cough) but we're celebrating 10 years of marriage the end of this month. Can't believe it... and you know what... it's better now than the day we married. I wish the same thing for both of you!

Thank you so much for the well-wishes! We can't wait to start our lives together, too. Since so many people seem to have a genuine interest, it might end up being a wedding/honeymoon report. Not sure yet, though.

First of all, gotta say y'all are just too dang sweet. Makes me wanna get some biscuits and sop ya up. :lol:

You're getting married on my birthday!!! I dunno if that's a curse or what but hey, there it is. If I'm not mistaken this is also the day that OJ (allegedly) off'd his ex & the waiter. Geez, I'm glad y'all are getting married on June 12th if for no other reason so I can say that something good happened on that day. :D

Sci-Fi... I agree that every Disney fan should try it at least once. I definitely prefer it for lunch vs. dinner. The dinner menu just seemed weird to me with it's lack of the burger. If you **have** to go for dinner you can still request the burger. I did. Last time I ate there was in May last year with my brother & his girls. I think Jerry & I got it right by splitting the burger & fries so we could have a sundae for dessert. MMmmmmm!!!

Yaaaayyy!!! I'm so excited for y'all!!!! :sohappy:

Your birthday and OJ, huh? That is...interesting. Sarah is a huge "Juice" fan, so maybe that's why she chose the date--this way she will always remember our anniversary date!

Sci-Fi is good. The food is just pretty basic stuff. I think it IS more atmosphere based over great and variety of foods. The Ribs were great that I had there. We are eating there again next trip...

Wait...so you're foregoing a chance to eat at Le Cellier for the 8th time on your trip to do Sci Fi once? If it pries you away from Le Cellier, then I am sold!
:p

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Wait...so you're foregoing a chance to eat at Le Cellier for the 8th time on your trip to do Sci Fi once? If it pries you away from Le Cellier, then I am sold!
:p

Yeah man...it's seriously worth eating there if not just once...VERY cool place to eat...Even if all you ate was a PB&J sandwich...it's still worth it.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Yeah man...it's seriously worth eating there if not just once...VERY cool place to eat...Even if all you ate was a PB&J sandwich...it's still worth it.

I think we have reached a decision on Sci Fi. All of the positive things pointed out in response to my question (thank you all so much!) along with opinions I solicited from a few friends confirmed to me that this restaurant is worth visiting. However, what we keep hearing is that some of the best options are the cheaper items on the menu.

Since we're on the DDP and because we're going back at Christmas (hopefully!), we have decided not to do Sci Fi for the honeymoon. We want to maximize our value on the DDP, and we think that can better be accomplished by visiting a different, more "expensive/upscale" locale this time, and saving Sci Fi for our December trip, when we won't be on the DDP. Then, we can possibly even treat our ADRs for Sci Fi as if they are for a "glorified" Counter Service restaurant by just ordering a burger or sandwich (possibly PB&J) just so we can soak in the ambiance. For this trip, we feel doing that would be a waste of DDP credits. Especially since there are so many other restaurants we'd still like to try.

Still, all of this is subject to change. I might see some pictures of those ribs, and we may just find ourselves compelled to go... :lol:

Alright, changing topics. As the Disneymoon draws nearer and Sarah and I plan more of the details, the topic of what attraction we're looking forward to experiencing the most came up. For me, this opened a whole can of worms over the weekend.

My initial thought was that Space Mountain would be #1. After all, it was down in both August and October, and from what I understand, has received some fairly serious upgrades. I also considered Toy Story Mania, which we didn't get to ride in either August or October due to FastPasses being out when we arrived for our only day (each trip) at the Studios. Finally I considered the Tower of Terror. Quite possibly my favorite attraction, I recalled seeing many of KeeKee's pictures (she used to post in the PotD thread, not so much anymore) of the area that I showcased many details I have missed.

That got me thinking about what details I have seen, mostly references to Twilight Zone episodes, which in turn made me wonder what details I have missed, which led me to a very helpful page on Tower of Terror . org. After reading that, I got even more excited for the Tower of Terror (and the Twilight Zone in general--I'm now planning a TZ marathon for Wednesday and I've requested two historical books on the series via inter-library loan), which I now think sits tied for #1 with Space Mountain (since Space has actually changed since our last trip, it's hard to dethrone that from the #1 spot).

Right now, my top 5 would probably be as follows:
1. Space Mountain
2. Tower of Terror
3. Toy Story Midway Mania
4. MuppetVision 3D (assuming there are some updates to the pre-show)
5. Living with the Land

Coming tomorrow, 6-10!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Ribs that I got...

DHSSciFi04.jpg

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Wow, that Chocolate PB Cake looks good...I usually get a milkshake at Sci-Fi, so I never have room for dessert. May have to change that up.

WDWFigment, your reasoning for skipping Sci-Fi on the Disneymoon is sound. ;) You get a pass until Christmas. :D But don't wait until you have kids, which was another one of your ideas. It's just as enjoyable for adults. :wave:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Wow, that Chocolate PB Cake looks good...I usually get a milkshake at Sci-Fi, so I never have room for dessert. May have to change that up.

WDWFigment, your reasoning for skipping Sci-Fi on the Disneymoon is sound. ;) You get a pass until Christmas. :D But don't wait until you have kids, which was another one of your ideas. It's just as enjoyable for adults. :wave:

Yes I agree. I really wouldn't waste a credit on Sci-Fi if I PAID for the dining plan. You guys can probably both eat for what it costs to have the dining plan for a day.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
You know what, that was really good cole slaw! :ROFLOL:

You know what else, all of this has inspired me to add a lunch ADR at Sci-Fi for my trip next month!!

I'm gettin' some ribs and coleslaw, and will pass on the milkshake :eek: in order to have one of those choco-pb cakes. :D

WDWFigment

Original Poster
John, thanks for all of the pictures. That food looks good, although the ribs do look smaller than I expected.

Yes I agree. I really wouldn't waste a credit on Sci-Fi if I PAID for the dining plan. You guys can probably both eat for what it costs to have the dining plan for a day.

After looking at some menus, I'm not sure our reasoning is so sound. Sci Fi is surprisingly expensive! Alternatives we're considering right now are Whispering Canyon, Cape May, Yak & Yeti, The Wave, Les Chefs de France, Biergarten Restaurant, and Nine Dragons.

Sarah doesn't really want to eat at a resort unless its convenient (The Wave would be if we ate there on a day traveling between EPCOT/MK, and Cape May would be convenient while staying at BoardWalk) and I'd rather not eat at Nine Dragons or Yak & Yeti. Sarah also doesn't seem too keen on Les Chefs de France because of a past bad experience, but she's willing to try it if Remy is still there. Yeah, I know this doesn't leave too many options, but any thoughts on any of these restaurants?

I'll be down there June 10-18th!!

Say hello if you see us!

You know what else, all of this has inspired me to add a lunch ADR at Sci-Fi for my trip next month!!

I'm gettin' some ribs and coleslaw, and will pass on the milkshake :eek: in order to have one of those choco-pb cakes. :D

Well, it's good to know this thread has at least been good for something!

Thanks to everyone for all the advice so far!!!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
After looking at some menus, I'm not sure our reasoning is so sound. Sci Fi is surprisingly expensive! Alternatives we're considering right now are Whispering Canyon, Cape May, Yak & Yeti, The Wave, Les Chefs de France, Biergarten Restaurant, and Nine Dragons.

Sarah doesn't really want to eat at a resort unless its convenient (The Wave would be if we ate there on a day traveling between EPCOT/MK, and Cape May would be convenient while staying at BoardWalk) and I'd rather not eat at Nine Dragons or Yak & Yeti. Sarah also doesn't seem too keen on Les Chefs de France because of a past bad experience, but she's willing to try it if Remy is still there. Yeah, I know this doesn't leave too many options, but any thoughts on any of these restaurants?

I've ate at Whispering Canyon and really was not impressed with the food at all...The 3 others in my group felt the same. It was dry. Now keep in mind we were the first guests sat for dinner. So the food was probably from the previous day or something. There was also ZERO "show" from the wait staff because the place was pretty much empty. I don't need the "show" but that was one of the reasons for eating there.

I also had Chefs De France. It was good. I had the steak and wish I would have gotten the duck. That was the main reason I booked there and I chickened out when it came time to order.

Every trip I wanna eat at Cape May and always opt out. I do not know why. Its one of those places that when I ask opinions on...Everyone either LOVES or HATES it. Nothing is ever in between.

We are trying Beirgarten this September.

Yak and Yeti seems the same as the Yak and Yeti quick service location.

Never had Nine Dragons either. Not really excited too either :shrug:

LeafsFanNL

Just to complicate things,

I'd recommend Whispering Canyon Cafe, I had a really nice steak there the night that we had our dinner, DW loved her meal there. I'd go back there before I'd go back to Artists' Point, even if the prices were the same.

DW and I had luch at Chefs du France, and we both had the short ribs and pasta. Tenderest meat I have every had. It was clearly right up there with Le Cellier, Flying Fish Cafe, and Yachtsman. Next week I will describe this magical meal we had, and the extra special occasion that happened at that meal.

HB

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

I also had Chefs De France. It was good. I had the steak and wish I would have gotten the duck. That was the main reason I booked there and I chickened out when it came time to order.

Every trip I wanna eat at Cape May and always opt out. I do not know why. Its one of those places that when I ask opinions on...Everyone either LOVES or HATES it. Nothing is ever in between.

I have dined at The Wave with a bunch of stuck-in-a-rut picky eaters, and they all raved about it, so I can heartily recommend it. The atmosphere is nice, the servers are great, and their "claim to fame", if you will, is using local, very fresh food. I've eaten there twice, and enjoyed it both times.

I have eaten at Cape May, both for breakfast and dinner. If memory serves, both meals are buffets, which I generally avoid, since I am not a big eater and cannot possibly get my money's worth out of a buffet. Breakfast is a character meal, and that made it fun. Dinner was fine. It's a clambake, and I love seafood. Not extraordinary, but fine. I guess I am that in-betweener that Blackthidot has never met before. :lol:

Les Chefs de France is one of my favorites. And I have had the duck--it is good. If it takes Remy to get Sarah to eat there, so be it. I'd like to see him myself. :lol: Never had a bad meal there, and if you do go--get the profiteroles for dessert. :slurp:

I am actually interested in trying Yak & Yeti. If I make it to DAK on my May trip, I'll be having lunch there.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I've ate at Whispering Canyon and really was not impressed with the food at all...The 3 others in my group felt the same. It was dry. Now keep in mind we were the first guests sat for dinner. So the food was probably from the previous day or something. There was also ZERO "show" from the wait staff because the place was pretty much empty. I don't need the "show" but that was one of the reasons for eating there.

Just to complicate things,

I'd recommend Whispering Canyon Cafe, I had a really nice steak there the night that we had our dinner, DW loved her meal there. I'd go back there before I'd go back to Artists' Point, even if the prices were the same.

DW and I had luch at Chefs du France, and we both had the short ribs and pasta. Tenderest meat I have every had. It was clearly right up there with Le Cellier, Flying Fish Cafe, and Yachtsman. Next week I will describe this magical meal we had, and the extra special occasion that happened at that meal.

HB

I have dined at The Wave with a bunch of stuck-in-a-rut picky eaters, and they all raved about it, so I can heartily recommend it. The atmosphere is nice, the servers are great, and their "claim to fame", if you will, is using local, very fresh food. I've eaten there twice, and enjoyed it both times.

I have eaten at Cape May, both for breakfast and dinner. If memory serves, both meals are buffets, which I generally avoid, since I am not a big eater and cannot possibly get my money's worth out of a buffet. Breakfast is a character meal, and that made it fun. Dinner was fine. It's a clambake, and I love seafood. Not extraordinary, but fine. I guess I am that in-betweener that Blackthidot has never met before. :lol:

Les Chefs de France is one of my favorites. And I have had the duck--it is good. If it takes Remy to get Sarah to eat there, so be it. I'd like to see him myself. :lol: Never had a bad meal there, and if you do go--get the profiteroles for dessert. :slurp:

I am actually interested in trying Yak & Yeti. If I make it to DAK on my May trip, I'll be having lunch there.

Thanks for all the additional suggestions, everyone. At this point, I *think* we have it narrowed to Biergarten or Chefs De France. I think.

Alright, next question. I just discovered our first day is the last day of Star Wars Weekends. Sarah and I aren't huge Star Wars fans, but we've always wanted to attend a SWW just to see what it would be like. I don't really care if we get any autographs or meet any Ewoks, but it might be cool to go to the afternoon parade. If our flight arrives in Orlando at 1:30 p.m., and we take DME to our resort, will we make it to DHS in time to do anything SWW related? (My guess is that we'd arrive at DHS no later than 4 p.m.).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom