The Cosmetics/Beauty Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
I've been looking at the Advent calendars for this year not that I'm going to get one but so far not much has caught my eye and the reviews are mostly meh. Sephora brand as usual gets totally panned not in a good way;) The best one I've seen is 1601803718779.png Which I would get if I didn't already have that exact quad, putty primer, setting spray and brush not to mention I don't need a new sponge or eyelash curler and the glitter color wouldn't be my first choice. All in all it's a well thought out and carefully curated collection of products IMHO If anybody sees a good calendar please let me know. It's more out of curiosity this year but you never know;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Anyone have any experience with Argan oil spritz for hair? Last year, my hairdresser gave me a little sample of it, and I guess it's supposed to make hair shine. I only tried it once at home, and didn't notice any difference, but maybe I didn't use enough. 🤔 The name on the sample was Pravada.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Anyone have any experience with Argan oil spritz for hair? Last year, my hairdresser gave me a little sample of it, and I guess it's supposed to make hair shine. I only tried it once at home, and didn't notice any difference, but maybe I didn't use enough. 🤔 The name on the sample was Pravada.
Not that one. Word of caution there's a fine line between enough using hair oil and needing to wash your hair again;) Don't ask;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Not that one. Word of caution there's a fine line between enough using hair oil and needing to wash your hair again;) Don't ask;)

Seriously, I was also wondering if something like olive oil in a spritz bottle, might have the same benefit as the more expensive, Argan oil, for hair? ;) (Like I mentioned, I really didn't see any difference to begin with, but again, I wasn't sure how much to use.)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Seriously, I was also wondering if something like olive oil in a spritz bottle, might have the same benefit as the more expensive, Argan oil, for hair? ;) (Like I mentioned, I really didn't see any difference to begin with, but again, I wasn't sure how much to use.)
I think straight olive oil would be too heavy. This may help you find a cheaper homemade mix .

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I think straight olive oil would be too heavy. This may help you find a cheaper homemade mix .

That was interesting. It was a lot more effort and ingredients than I'd deal with, but it did illustrate an important fact -- it lined up with your comment about just using one oil (olive), as it would be too heavy. She essentially thinned down the (final) mixture by using multiple items of varying density. Gotta give her credit--I don't know how people come up with these ideas.

Not really related to the above, but I just remembered that years ago, my mother used Hellmann's mayonnaise in her hair (overnight/wrapped in a towel), for a deep conditioner, about once a month. As a kid, I was skeeved at the idea of mayo in hair :jawdrop: ; but actually, when she washed it out the next morning, her hair came out soft and shiny! :hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
That was interesting. It was a lot more effort and ingredients than I'd deal with, but it did illustrate an important fact -- it lined up with your comment about just using one oil (olive), as it would be too heavy. She essentially thinned down the (final) mixture by using multiple items of varying density. Gotta give her credit--I don't know how people come up with these ideas.

Not really related to the above, but I just remembered that years ago, my mother used Hellmann's mayonnaise in her hair (overnight/wrapped in a towel), for a deep conditioner, about once a month. As a kid, I was skeeved at the idea of mayo in hair :jawdrop: ; but actually, when she washed it out the next morning, her hair came out soft and shiny! :hilarious:
Homemade mayo would be even better no fillers or preservatives;)

StarWarsGirl

Ah yes I have a different brand of it.

20201006_100144.jpg
I really only use it if I've done a blowout or used a flat iron. Like Figgy said, a little goes a long way. I usually spray it on my hands and then apply it on my hair.

If my hair's curling already or it's humid out, I don't use it. I have more heavy duty stuff for that.

StarWarsGirl

@figmentfan423 What about this one? I've used their products before and liked them (not their dry shampoo; I like my Batiste and I don't have to be gluten free)

Figgy1

Premium Member
@figmentfan423 What about this one? I've used their products before and liked them (not their dry shampoo; I like my Batiste and I don't have to be gluten free)
THNX I'll keep it in mind. It has mixed reviews on Ulta

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yeah, I know that; you find almonds in random stuff (although it's usually marked) and I can't have anything from Basin pretty much or anything scented, but I never thought about having to worry about gluten in dry shampoo.
That stinks. At least there's a few things I can get from Basin and their employees bring out the ingredient book if you say you have allergies

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom