The Cosmetics/Beauty Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
totally remember this! I had such a hard time pinning myself down, I decided it was for the birds. 😆

I'm pretty sure I recall that you're a redhead, and we're supposed to "automatically" be autumn, but that's just not true. I have blazing red hair (ok, it's auburn) with very fair, pink undertoned skin. I can definitely wear Autumn colors, and winter, and either spring or summer (can't recall which) I can wear orange, but not beige, and only certain yellows. In my 20s I could definitely wear pink, and did all the time! Red is hard for me to pull off, but it can be done.

I'm talking clothes as well as makeup (well, probably more clothes 😉)

When it comes to makeup, my "nude" is pinks! Or taupe. I mourn the demise of Clinique's "No Show taupe" duo, and then their Perfect Couple. Clinique just keeps letting me down by discontinuing what works for me. 😣
The new system is almost the same but it's more in depth. You can be a mix of seasons and soft or true.

high plains drifter

Any Clarisonic users here? I was totally shocked that the company completely shut down and went out of business. I own two devices that I use regularly and bought one for my husband as well, though he barely uses his.

high plains drifter

I have a brush until I do use but it's not a Clairsonic just when I was thinking about "upgrading":banghead:
Yes, it's so disappointing! I guess they marked everything down by 50% to get rid of their remaining stock and then shut down for good on Sept.30th. Unfortunately I didn't know about it until it was too late. Luckily I have 7 brush heads in back stock which will last me a long time. Amazon sells cheap aftermarket brush heads but they don't seem to get great reviews.

But you can check out the Michael Todd website because he sells a very similar style device that is highly rated. He also released a couple brush heads that are compatible with Clarisonic devices so I'm grateful for that. He also makes a sonic foundation brush which I love!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yes, it's so disappointing! I guess they marked everything down by 50% to get rid of their remaining stock and then shut down for good on Sept.30th. Unfortunately I didn't know about it until it was too late. Luckily I have 7 brush heads in back stock which will last me a long time. Amazon sells cheap aftermarket brush heads but they don't seem to get great reviews.

But you can check out the Michael Todd website because he sells a very similar style device that is highly rated. He also released a couple brush heads that are compatible with Clarisonic devices so I'm grateful for that. He also makes a sonic foundation brush which I love!
Have you checked Ulta or Sephora for back up heads?

high plains drifter

Totally agree! I read that there's a silicone face washing device that is pretty popular now called Foreo. But I have sensitive skin so I'm not sure if rubbing bristles silicone all over my face would be a good idea.

Figgy1

Premium Member
As long as you had no use for your hands other then looking completely unnatural. It doesn't really matter what I think about them and some of the nails art is cute and interesting, but that to me is way to far over the top.
This isn't even the most over the top work this tech does. She's booked a year out

nicklarkin3663

I am using Dermablend powder foundation because It is infused with various vitamins, so it keeps you healthy while making you look stunning. Its unique composition with vitamins and minerals makes it a great choice for people with sensitive skin.

nicklarkin3663

I am using Dermablend powder foundation because It is infused with various vitamins, so it keeps you healthy while making you look stunning. Its unique composition with vitamins and minerals makes it a great choice for people with sensitive skin.
Also, the main features of this foundation are its ability to make your skin even and glow naturally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom