The Cosmetics/Beauty Thread

Lora Baines Bradley

Original Poster
You just had to know this was coming. The Baby Yoda palette OMG it's sooo cute and the color story is spot on IMHO Much better than most franchise based ones.

Yesssssss!!!!!! I did pick that up...I also got one of the lip and cheek sets. I just got the email that it shipped yesterday.

I'm really excited to try it out. It might be good for more subdued Christmas looks, maybe paired with another palette or shadow.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yesssssss!!!!!! I did pick that up...I also got one of the lip and cheek sets. I just got the email that it shipped yesterday.

I'm really excited to try it out. It might be good for more subdued Christmas looks, maybe paired with another palette or shadow.
I was so tempted to get it but green looks horrid on me. I can pull of 70s/80s blue shadow, liner and mascara but if I wore green somebody would call an ambulance thinking I was that sick:eek:

Lora Baines Bradley

Original Poster
I was so tempted to get it but green looks horrid on me. I can pull of 70s/80s blue shadow, liner and mascara but if I wore green somebody would call an ambulance thinking I was that sick:eek:
I have green eyes so I think it works on me, at least I hope it does, or my boyfriend has been lying to me 😉I use the shades Twitch and Cheat Code from this palette occasionally:

6057158C-6D20-4EC9-9CD2-2779413BC9EE.jpeg
Same. Green doesn't flatter my complexion. The burgundy and shimmery shades are very nice, though!
I wish I could figure out what doesn’t flatter my complexion. I’ve only had one instance where I was like “Wait, this doesn’t look right..” and unfortunately it was with a Pat McGrath palette (thankfully I got it 75% off, so it was only around $25. Still SO bummed about it though.)

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I have green eyes so I think it works on me, at least I hope it does, or my boyfriend has been lying to me 😉I use the shades Twitch and Cheat Code from this palette occasionally:

View attachment 511437

I wish I could figure out what doesn’t flatter my complexion. I’ve only had one instance where I was like “Wait, this doesn’t look right..” and unfortunately it was with a Pat McGrath palette (thankfully I got it 75% off, so it was only around $25. Still SO bummed about it though.)
Fair skinned brunette/brown eyes here. There are some shades that make me look washed out.
I just go by trial and error. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Fair skinned brunette/brown eyes here. There are some shades that make me look washed out.
I just go by trial and error. :)
I don't know if you remember this system 1604856286918.png which is making a comeback but I'm a winter 1604856417003.png I can't wear orange, any brown except very dark and cool brown, even the greens on the chart are questionable sometimes. There's a reason my wardrobe is blue, black, pink, mauve/rose burgundy and grey. I have more than a few pieces of floral prints with either blue or black backgrounds

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I don't know if you remember this system View attachment 511481 which is making a comeback but I'm a winter View attachment 511482 I can't wear orange, any brown except very dark and cool brown, even the greens on the chart are questionable sometimes. There's a reason my wardrobe is blue, black, pink, mauve/rose burgundy and grey. I have more than a few pieces of floral prints with either blue or black backgrounds
Thanks! :)
Yes, I remember those charts. The Winter Palette has many of the makeup and wardrobe colors/shades I wear. I'd definitely replace the greens with maybe, teal. I like how teal eyeliner looks on me.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks! :)
Yes, I remember those charts. The Winter Palette has many of the makeup and wardrobe colors/shades I wear. I'd definitely replace the greens with maybe, teal. I like how teal eyeliner looks on me.
My favorite teal was discontinued a few years ago. Do you have a suggestion? Finding the right teal(almost blue) is difficult

Figgy1

Premium Member
Have you all seen the new Holiday & Ice, Please NYX Holiday collection? So many fun and inexpensive makeup items to "play" with!
Some of that is very pretty but we went into new restrictions so I can't justify anything new except mascara, liner and a couple of elf quads in my stocking

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
My favorite teal was discontinued a few years ago. Do you have a suggestion? Finding the right teal(almost blue) is difficult
I like Maybelline's Tattoo Studio Deep Teal. Only downside is that I prefer retractable pencils, but the shade is beautiful and I feel that it makes my eyes brighter.

L.A. Girl's pencil gel eyeliner called Gipsy Teal is very pretty too.

I also like the Sephora brand, they have a good variety of eyeliner formulas and shades.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I don't know if you remember this system View attachment 511481 which is making a comeback but I'm a winter View attachment 511482 I can't wear orange, any brown except very dark and cool brown, even the greens on the chart are questionable sometimes. There's a reason my wardrobe is blue, black, pink, mauve/rose burgundy and grey. I have more than a few pieces of floral prints with either blue or black backgrounds

I'm somewhat between the spring or autumn shades, but mostly the warm autumn colors. Anything at all with a blue or green tinge in any of the other options, make me look ghostly. My skin tone is fair/light, so I have to be more subtle with any colors.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I like Maybelline's Tattoo Studio Deep Teal. Only downside is that I prefer retractable pencils, but the shade is beautiful and I feel that it makes my eyes brighter.

L.A. Girl's pencil gel eyeliner called Gipsy Teal is very pretty too.

I also like the Sephora brand, they have a good variety of eyeliner formulas and shades.
That's pretty!!!!! too bad maybelline is not cruelty free. That and I'm never certain of their gluten free status

Figgy1

Premium Member
Does anybody have a suggestion for a good efile. I can't see myself going back to the nail salon anytime soon so I may buy myself a Christmas present

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

totally remember this! I had such a hard time pinning myself down, I decided it was for the birds. 😆

I'm pretty sure I recall that you're a redhead, and we're supposed to "automatically" be autumn, but that's just not true. I have blazing red hair (ok, it's auburn) with very fair, pink undertoned skin. I can definitely wear Autumn colors, and winter, and either spring or summer (can't recall which) I can wear orange, but not beige, and only certain yellows. In my 20s I could definitely wear pink, and did all the time! Red is hard for me to pull off, but it can be done.

I'm talking clothes as well as makeup (well, probably more clothes 😉)

When it comes to makeup, my "nude" is pinks! Or taupe. I mourn the demise of Clinique's "No Show taupe" duo, and then their Perfect Couple. Clinique just keeps letting me down by discontinuing what works for me. 😣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom