The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

@StarWarsGirl somebody needs an intervention and a trip to Target
I've seen two extremes in Target. Some FL locations have 20 cash registers lines to pay for your items ( rarely they have 20 cashiers at one time ) and some in the northeast has all self service kiosks and if one wants a cashier to ring up your items one has to go to the return desk to do that.

Songbird76

I think your husband underestimates the challenges he would face if he actually had to takes notes from a high school teacher and then do the homework that was assigned. :)
(Do you have any child at the high school level? I think you do)
No, he's not underestimating it at all. Yes, my kids are both at the high school level, but my husband has the equivalent of a masters degree in Mechanical Engineering. He explains complex Physics and Math problems to my daughter all the time for fun, and he helps my son with anything where he gets stuck. The only thing he might have a problem with would be PE or French. He HATES French and dropped it as soon as he was allowed to in school, where my daughter is dropping German for next year and keeping French. But the rest, he'd be golden.

Edit: My husband and I are a pretty good team. We can fill in the gaps no matter what subject it is, really. My husband can do all the Math, Physics, Chemistry issues, I can handle English, Music, and I'm generally pretty good with History. Neither of my kids has ever had any trouble with any of the core subjects. My son has to be given advanced math to keep him stimulated, and he helps the teachers with English because his English is way better than the average Dutch person's, but because of our own backgrounds, we're in a position to help him if he needed it in either of those subjects. Both kids are at the top of their class. The only issue here is that History, Geography, etc are more abstract. They don't teach just standard names and dates. Like, I had to help my son once with History, and he was stuck on a ridiculous question for which he had to look at a Renaissance era painting of a market and answer questions about what professions people had, based on the clothing they wore, but there was nothing in the text about what specific professionals wore, so how is a 12 year old supposed to know that? Both my kids thrived in the remote learning setting where most kids struggled because they didn't have a teacher to guide and explain the material. I'D be lost at the high school level, not remembering any of my trig or calc, and I struggled with chemistry and physics in high school anyway. But my husband would be fine.

Last edited:

Songbird76

Went for my evening walk earlier tonight because it's gonna be a wash out apparently tomorrow and I wont be able to get it done. Not only did one jackass in his black car speed up when I crossed the street, he hit a neighbor's fence post while attempting to park in his driveway. Didn't even beep his horn and I didn't even know he was there until the last minute.
Was the driver ok? It sounds like maybe something happened to him to make him lose control? There was a story in the news here last week about a driver in....I think Missouri? who plowed into some guy's house as he was sitting at the kitchen table. The whole thing was caught on video, but the woman driving the car had "become unwell" (might mean she passed out). The guy in his house was pushed by the car until he could jump out of his chair, and he was apparently fine, but the woman had to be taken to the hospital.

I hope you and the driver are both ok!! That must have been terrifying!

edit: https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/l...amera/63-232e8e18-28e9-4081-bded-111f75c10ce2

Was the neighbor's fence damaged? Did you get a license plate number? If he hit a fence pot and then left the scene, that doesn't sound good...maybe police should be called?

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@MySmallWorldof4 , I hope you continue to enjoy the summer with your family. This is a nice break for you, to be away from teaching for a few months. That said, I think you mentioned at one point, that your overseas student doesn't get as long a summer break as the kids here. Will you be tutoring her online starting in August, or have her lessons already started up?

Goofyernmost

I dont go to Target on my days off unless it's a necessity lol, and I certainly dont go to the one I work at on my days off either.
From what I have been able to piece together from some of the posts, going to Target is so traumatic that any other thing that happened seems trivial. It's an indication that things could be worse. Anything that has an actual target in it's logo, is certainly a scary place to be! 🏹🎯

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Was the driver ok? It sounds like maybe something happened to him to make him lose control? There was a story in the news here last week about a driver in....I think Missouri? who plowed into some guy's house as he was sitting at the kitchen table. The whole thing was caught on video, but the woman driving the car had "become unwell" (might mean she passed out). The guy in his house was pushed by the car until he could jump out of his chair, and he was apparently fine, but the woman had to be taken to the hospital.

I hope you and the driver are both ok!! That must have been terrifying!

edit: https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/l...amera/63-232e8e18-28e9-4081-bded-111f75c10ce2

Was the neighbor's fence damaged? Did you get a license plate number? If he hit a fence pot and then left the scene, that doesn't sound good...maybe police should be called?

It was his neighbors fence post and i know where that person lives because its right around the corner. If it happens again, Ill definitely be calling someone.

FutureCEO

From what I have been able to piece together from some of the posts, going to Target is so traumatic that any other thing that happened seems trivial. It's an indication that things could be worse. Anything that has an actual target in it's logo, is certainly a scary place to be! 🏹🎯

I got a Disney gift card yesterday at WalMart (Target didn't have any) and NOW that's traumatizing.

MySmallWorldof4

@MySmallWorldof4 , I hope you continue to enjoy the summer with your family. This is a nice break for you, to be away from teaching for a few months. That said, I think you mentioned at one point, that your overseas student doesn't get as long a summer break as the kids here. Will you be tutoring her online starting in August, or have her lessons already started up?
She cancelled her ones for this week and we leave Thursday for FL. Nothing in the schedule in regards to tutoring. I am ok with that. My mornings have been easier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom