The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My neighborhood minus the white soft sand and oceanfront. Those guys who trim the very high palms annually are not cheap.
So, here's my odd question of the day. Do kids in your area get to climb palm trees? I would think it would be difficult, as there seems to be no lower branches (unless it's a newer tree still growing -- but then, the height of the tree would be too short to bother with). I was just thinking about when I was a kid and we'd climb maple trees, for example (lots of different sized branches, etc.--great for climbing).

Lilofan

So, here's my odd question of the day. Do kids in your area get to climb palm trees? I would think it would be difficult, as there seems to be no lower branches (unless it's a newer tree still growing -- but then, the height of the tree would be too short to bother with). I was just thinking about when I was a kid and we'd climb maple trees, for example (lots of different sized branches, etc.--great for climbing).
It is basically impossible with no limbs to hang onto. The high palms in the Miami area for example have coconuts so at times they just fall onto the ground. Some of the migrants at times sell in the back of their old pick up truck " Coco Frio". The guys just put a hole in the coconut , give you a straw and you drink the sweet coconut water from the coconut for a nominal fee.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
It is basically impossible with no limbs to hang onto. The high palms in the Miami area for example have coconuts so at times they just fall onto the ground. Some of the migrants at times sell in the back of their old pick up truck " Coco Frio". The guys just put a hole in the coconut , give you a straw and you drink the sweet coconut water from the coconut for a nominal fee.
It's possible . You just need a strap to loop around the trunk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom