The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
It's hazy here in NC today and the meteorologists are saying it is smoke carrying in on the jet stream. I was just out and it was hazy, but I didn't smell anything that reminded me of smoke. Plus it is a sunny, hazy, humid day in the south. Personally, I can't tell the difference right now.
Hazy in the mountains too. I wondered why it was yesterday. We could barely see Pisgah from here. We can look out our backyard and see it really well on clear days.

wdwfan4ver

I just hope my boys' favorite sport never becomes recognized;)
It is a good thing your boys are not going to the Wisconsin State Fair. The Wisconsin State Fair has a bargain book you can purchase.

The Bargain book has sections for Food, Desserts, drinks, products, and Spin City. Spin City is the part of the Wisconsin State fair that has rides and games. I checked the food section of the Bargain book without Desserts that it still would cost you over $136.00 to buy every thing in the food section per person.

Here is the Bargain book and the list of stuff the Bargain book has:

Figgy1

Premium Member
It is a good thing your boys are not going to the Wisconsin State Fair. The Wisconsin State Fair has a bargain book you can purchase.

The Bargain book has sections for Food, Desserts, drinks, products, and Spin City. Spin City is the part of the Wisconsin State fair that has rides and games. I checked the food section of the Bargain book without Desserts that it still would cost you over $136.00 to buy every thing in the food section per person.

Now picture my food bill seeing we all have to eat gluten free due to allergies and dh's medical condition

FutureCEO

Can I take a Greek Gyro to go? :)

I've only been to one fair as far as I can remember. And that was only 3 years ago. It was interesting but I imagine the bigger ones are better. I'm not a fan of drive away rides so all I did was shop a few stores and food places. I remember getting Cacoila because I wasn't crazy for the food.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Can I take a Greek Gyro to go? :)

I've only been to one fair as far as I can remember. And that was only 3 years ago. It was interesting but I imagine the bigger ones are better. I'm not a fan of drive away rides so all I did was shop a the few stores and food places. I remember getting Cacoila because I wasn't crazy for the food.
That reminds me -- I haven't had a Greek gyro in years! (Used to be a small mom & pop place near where I worked -- their gyros were the best!) :hungry:

Lilofan

That reminds me -- I haven't had a Greek gyro in years! (Used to be a small mom & pop place near where I worked -- their gyros were the best!) :hungry:
If one can still locate one, Arbys has their version of a gyro. When in the Carolinas , we stopped at one and they had beef or chicken gyro on pita bread with the sauce bar that you can put sauces on it. I never thought Arbys would have gyros.Middle East places usually have gyros if you have them in your city.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I had a friend that was an immigrant from Greece. He opened a sub shop and along with regular stuff sold Gyro's. Official seasoned Lamb on the upright spit and authentic Tzatziki sauce and Pocket Pita bread. They were incredible, but it ruined me and the last 20 years I have been searching in vain for a Gyro like those. On top of that I get aggravated when people pronounce them "Gi - rows" instead of "Your- oos" with a roll of the tongue on the "r". I know I sound pretentious when I pronounce it properly and get some weird stares from teenagers working the counters, but I'm allowed a few idiosyncrasies aren't I?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom