The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

That reminds me -- I haven't had a Greek gyro in years! (Used to be a small mom & pop place near where I worked -- their gyros were the best!) :hungry:
My dad does get Greek gyro's at the state fair. I don't know this year. He does like to try new food foods at the Wisconsin state fair.

He's not going to try the Deep-fried Wisconsin Fish Fry because he'll turning into a puffer due to fish allergies.

Here is a list of all the new Wisconsin State fair foods:

donaldtoo

Had some bad news yesterday my brother called and said my cousin was killed in a freak hot air ballon accident in VT. He was the same age as me and we grew up together. My cousin (Brian Boland) was considered one of the best hot air balloonist in the world he set world records and ballooned over the Alps and Andes. So sad -- he died doing what he loved --RIP cousin View attachment 572993

Sincerest condolences.
Sounds like he was a very interesting and accomplished soul.
Along with very much being missed by family and friends, I’m sure the same will be true with those who followed his adventures from afar.
Again, sincerest condolences.

StarWarsGirl

She's a cuddly wuddly:inlove::inlove::inlove:
Ha! Not really. When she's on this blanket...
20210720_123529.jpg

I can approach her and pet her and cuddle her a bit. If I leave it to just the petting, she can sometimes go for 20 minutes. To just reach down and pet her, depending on the kind of mood she's in, she can take maybe 5 minutes of petting, and that's it. I can ask her to give me rubs (rub around my ankles) and she'll do that on command.

Now, this is only if you approach her. If it's her idea, she can be an absolute snuggle bug, but she's usually in the mood to cuddle at inconvenient times, like 3 am.

Belle is the cuddler. Pick her up pretty much at any time and she's cool with cuddling. She likes to be hugged. The tighter you squeeze, the louder she purrs. This morning, I was laying in bed and put one arm underneath her, squeezed her, and put my face on her belly, and she purred very loudly and went to sleep. Jasmine would not have gone for that.

As a matter of fact, Belle hopped up on my lap as I was typing this.

donaldtoo

Our pup Hershey had an emergency visit to the vet yesterday. Tigger, one of our cats, got a bit rambunctious and clawed him and scratched his eyeball. Poor guy was so nervous at the vet that he had diarrhea and some landed on the tech. 😬 They put a dye in his eye and took some pics and sent them to an ophthalmologist. They think it is just a scratched cornea. Hopefully that is all it is. He is on antibiotics and eyedrops. We go back tomorrow. Ironically I set up our dogs’ checkups for tomorrow last week.

Hope y’all’s pup is fine by now.
I had a corneal abrasion once that was a nightmare. Went to my GP, and his lame solution just made the situation worse. A slit or scratch heals faster, but, an abrasion exposes so many more nerve endings that it’s excruciating.
Finally went to an ophthalmologist my GP recommended, and she gave me a proper treatment. She filled my eye with an ointment, patched it really tight, and told me to go home and pretend I was blind for 2 days. I could watch TV, but was told not to read, where my eyes might move side to side, etc., so the cornea didn’t rub on my eyelid.
On the 3rd day, I took the patch off in the shower in the morning, and that eye was like looking through really frosted glass...nothin’ but light and shadows...panic city.
I got ahold of the doc ASAP, and she told me the ointment needed to clear out of the abrasion for a few days...!!!!! :facepalm:

:D:hilarious:

9DA5FB6E-4A8A-4BEB-83AA-FF68DBC25346.gif

Crazy thing was, the same thing happened to me almost exactly a year later, after I rubbed that same eye one time, even though I was using lubricating eye drops... :cyclops:
At least I knew how to deal with it at that point.
Although, I still have occasional issues with that eye, it hasn’t been to that extent in over 20 years...I can feel it comin’ on and cut it off at the pass...!!! ;):)

Last edited:

John park hopper

Sincerest condolences.
Sounds like he was a very interesting and accomplished soul.
Along with very much being missed by family and friends, I’m sure the same will be true with those who followed his adventures from afar.
Again, sincerest condolences.
Thank you all --he will be missed --I believe he will be inducted into the balloning hall of fame in the near future so his memory will live on.

Last edited:

Lilofan

She's still cute;)

Ha! Not really. When she's on this blanket...
View attachment 574086

I can approach her and pet her and cuddle her a bit. If I leave it to just the petting, she can sometimes go for 20 minutes. To just reach down and pet her, depending on the kind of mood she's in, she can take maybe 5 minutes of petting, and that's it. I can ask her to give me rubs (rub around my ankles) and she'll do that on command.

Now, this is only if you approach her. If it's her idea, she can be an absolute snuggle bug, but she's usually in the mood to cuddle at inconvenient times, like 3 am.

Belle is the cuddler. Pick her up pretty much at any time and she's cool with cuddling. She likes to be hugged. The tighter you squeeze, the louder she purrs. This morning, I was laying in bed and put one arm underneath her, squeezed her, and put my face on her belly, and she purred very loudly and went to sleep. Jasmine would not have gone for that.

As a matter of fact, Belle hopped up on my lap as I was typing this.
Makes me want to check out a cat cafe. Some are popping up in the USA where the guest buys coffee then goes to hang out with the cats all available for adoption in the cafe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom