The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
He looks ridiculus enough anyway, but that cowboy hat makes him look insane.
I liked everything except the hat! :p

And none of us laughed at them either. It was reported that it cost 2.5 million for a small group of wildly wealthy people to go for a ride that ultimately didn't really help anybody.
Agree, there are certain controversial points. To keep this brief (for Chit Chat), I'll only say that I appreciate the research done that will serve to benefit all space travel/government and private, in the future.

FutureCEO

And none of us laughed at them either. It was reported that it cost 2.5 million for a small group of wildly wealthy people to go for a ride that ultimately didn't really help anybody.
With the way the weathers been this year, it may help us leave

All the smoke from the Canadian wildfires in Manitoba and Ontario came to New England yesterday. Couldn't see blue sky at all. Our really first day of blue sky in July too. Poor Canada and the wildfires. :(

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

The IOC recognized cheerleading as a sport yesterday so now the International Cheer Union can petition to have cheer in the Olympics. I told that to youngest yesterday. She tells me, “ I don’t want to go to the Olympics!” Me trying some reverse psychology cause I love the Olympics, “Well you would have to be the best of the best of the best of the best, so odds are that you wouldn’t make it anyway.” Then she says, “You don’t think I am good enough to go?” Mind you she is just 10. I said, “Well if you don’t want to go then you won’t work as hard as the other kids that want to go. “ She said “I just don’t think I want millions of people watching me. I am ok with thousands, just not millions,” Then I told her that 10 year olds don’t compete in the Olympics anyway. It would take a few years before it is in the Olympics anyway. She thought about it and then said “ok”. I am in no means, by the way, pushing her to go to the Olympics. Just was curious to see how the conversation would go.
Here is a video from Team USA. It is a little different from what youngest does. It has a sideline cheer in the first minute and a half. Youngest doesn’t do sideline, she does All Star (which is like the second part of the routine in the video), and is only Level 1 and 2. These men and women are level 7.

Lilofan

I liked everything except the hat! :p

Agree, there are certain controversial points. To keep this brief (for Chit Chat), I'll only say that I appreciate the research done that will serve to benefit all space travel/government and private, in the future.
Wally Funk aged 82 years young who went into space with Bezos looks incredible and amazing shape for her age!

Goofyernmost

Can we just for a second be happy for Wally Funk? She got denied in the 60s to go to space because she was a woman, even though she was arguably more qualified than the men to go to space. She got denied and denied and denied to go to space. She finally got to go, even if it was just for a few minutes. She's not insanely rich like the others; she's insanely smart and talented. She was an honored guest; she didn't pay to be there.
Sure, but I'm not happy about the company she keeps. I don't think many even know about her though so if it is true, then good for her. It kind of reconfirms the adage that it isn't always what you know, but it is quite often who you know.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The IOC recognized cheerleading as a sport yesterday so now the International Cheer Union can petition to have cheer in the Olympics. I told that to youngest yesterday. She tells me, “ I don’t want to go to the Olympics!” Me trying some reverse psychology cause I love the Olympics, “Well you would have to be the best of the best of the best of the best, so odds are that you wouldn’t make it anyway.” Then she says, “You don’t think I am good enough to go?” Mind you she is just 10. I said, “Well if you don’t want to go then you won’t work as hard as the other kids that want to go. “ She said “I just don’t think I want millions of people watching me. I am ok with thousands, just not millions,” Then I told her that 10 year olds don’t compete in the Olympics anyway. It would take a few years before it is in the Olympics anyway. She thought about it and then said “ok”. I am in no means, by the way, pushing her to go to the Olympics. Just was curious to see how the conversation would go.
Here is a video from Team USA. It is a little different from what youngest does. It has a sideline cheer in the first minute and a half. Youngest doesn’t do sideline, she does All Star (which is like the second part of the routine in the video), and is only Level 1 and 2. These men and women are level 7.

I didn't know it wasn't recognized as a sport, good that it is now though. I think going to the Olympics would be cool. I remember when the Olympics were in Barcelona and we had a rowing machine in our basement. I was watching the rowing competition while on the machine and totally thought I could beat them all! HAHA.

Lilofan

They are rich people, they don't do that type of thing. Their servants left back on earth do it for them or at the very least have them clean up the capsule upon their return. Or maybe that is what all those 10 gallon hats were for.
Or in Coming to America , Prince Akeem ( Eddie Murphy ) wanted to wipe his own backside in the royal bathroom. Oha his royal servant ( Paul Bates ) immediately called for royal support by calling for " The Wipers".

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So far the air quality here in northern Wisconsin seems better than yesterday. It was so hazy here from the Canadian wildfires yesterday it was crazy. The weather guy compared our air quality to Los Angeles' and it was 3 times worse than LA! Before I closed the drapes last night it looked like a light fog had descended around us. So far this morning it seems to be better.

StarWarsGirl

Sure, but I'm not happy about the company she keeps. I don't think many even know about her though so if it is true, then good for her. It kind of reconfirms the adage that it isn't always what you know, but it is quite often who you know.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I didn't know it wasn't recognized as a sport, good that it is now though. I think going to the Olympics would be cool. I remember when the Olympics were in Barcelona and we had a rowing machine in our basement. I was watching the rowing competition while on the machine and totally thought I could beat them all! HAHA.
I just hope my boys' favorite sport never becomes recognized;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
So far the air quality here in northern Wisconsin seems better than yesterday. It was so hazy here from the Canadian wildfires yesterday it was crazy. The weather guy compared our air quality to Los Angeles' and it was 3 times worse than LA! Before I closed the drapes last night it looked like a light fog had descended around us. So far this morning it seems to be better.
We had a little bit of rain so we're doing better as well

Goofyernmost

It's hazy here in NC today and the meteorologists are saying it is smoke carrying in on the jet stream. I was just out and it was hazy, but I didn't smell anything that reminded me of smoke. Plus it is a sunny, hazy, humid day in the south. Personally, I can't tell the difference right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom