The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Interesting. I wonder why some of them are very well run, and others not so much. (And I'm basing this on comments from various people, in different locations, down through the years.) I don't have any stake in either one of them, but it does make me curious as to how some get high praise, and others don't. (They all pretty much sell the same stuff, with some regional variances.)

I’m going with store management. Many actually take their position seriously, and many don’t. The leaders set the tone.
Many, apparently, just look at it as a paycheck, and beyond that, don’t give a rip.
How are employees motivated by a negative leader...?!

Lilofan

My parents are currently trying to annoy each other by each playing games on their respective iPads with the volume turned up to the max. Apparently, this is what you do after being married for 36 years.
That's more cost effective than a married couple I used to know. The guy bought another one of his hobbies toys, the girl one upped him one thing to annoy him and leased a brand new Wrangler. Both also lost their home a few years later.

Songbird76

My parents are currently trying to annoy each other by each playing games on their respective iPads with the volume turned up to the max. Apparently, this is what you do after being married for 36 years.
Are you sure they aren't just deaf? My husband has hearing aids now, but if he doesn't put them in, he has to turn up the volume really high to hear anything. My in-laws do the same thing....leave the hearing aids out and instead turn up the tv so it's blasting at max and the rest of us can't hear ourselves think. I tried to combat it once with noise canceling headphones, but it was still really loud.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Are you sure they aren't just deaf? My husband has hearing aids now, but if he doesn't put them in, he has to turn up the volume really high to hear anything. My in-laws do the same thing....leave the hearing aids out and instead turn up the tv so it's blasting at max and the rest of us can't hear ourselves think. I tried to combat it once with noise canceling headphones, but it was still really loud.

Our band teacher recently got hearing aids, and she said they have changed her life. They even have bluetooth so tv's and other electronics that have bluetooth can go directly to her hearing aid and she can adjust volume that way so others don't have to have the tv cranked for her. I wish they would have had those for my mom's peace of mind when she was alive, not for her use but for my dad's. He needed hearing aids but refused and would crank the volume of everything to her dismay, she would have loved to get him something to control the volume on things so she didn't have to hear it blast. Side note, a few months after my mom passed he finally agreed to get hearing aids.

StarWarsGirl

No, I'm 100% positive it was intentional. Because Mom commented on the game being obnoxiously loud and then she turned the volume on for her game, which she never turns on.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Happy Saturday everyone! And Happy 66 Disneyland! I'll be there to celebrate in 11 days!

theme park disneyland GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom