The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Wow. Can’t believe how so many here are havin’ such a hard time gettin’ their vaccine doses. Even when we got our first Moderna dose back on March 2nd, there were plenty of folks much younger than us in queue, you just had to be at least 18.
As of 2 Monday’s ago, anyone in the state, 16 and above, can get the vaccine.
Hope things turn for the better for all of y’all soon, as it has been a game changer for us in my family, and extended family here.

Songbird76

When I was there last week I hopped to 3 parks in one day, I thought about going to all 4 but I decided to watch the 80's tribute band in Epcot instead of hopping over to the MK.
It makes sense....I wondered how they were checking that you'd only been to one other park. I thought I read that on DFB, that you could only hop to one, but maybe I misread it. I won't be traveling anywhere for a while it seems, so it's a moot point for me, but I'm glad others can enjoy all the parks.

Songbird76

Wow. Can’t believe how so many here are havin’ such a hard time gettin’ their vaccine doses. Even when we got our first Moderna dose back on March 2nd, there were plenty of folks much younger than us in queue, you just had to be at least 18.
As of 2 Monday’s ago, anyone in the state, 16 and above, can get the vaccine.
Hope things turn for the better for all of y’all soon, as it has been a game changer for us in my family, and extended family here.
We're far away from that point, I think. Over here, you don't make appointments yourself. You get sent a letter with the time of an appointment that has been made for you. That's pretty much for any preventative procedures, unless you have symptoms of something and your doctor refers you. But all women 50 and above get mammograms every 5 years I think? And you get a letter in the mail telling you it's time for your mammogram and as far as I know, you go when they tell you to go. All the vaccines have been like that for the kids. If the time really doesn't work for you, you can call and they will give you a new appointment, but the health department travels around and they give you an appointment based on when they will be where. So if one of the vaccines is given the year you turn 14, at some point in that year, you'll be sent a letter telling you the date, time, and place. You go there and stand in the line with all the other hundreds of people who got their letters. There's a book you get when your kids are born and you bring that with you and they stamp it and record that you've had the immunization. The time blocks are like 15 minutes long, so there will be hundreds of people there who either have your same time slot, or the one before or after yours, and they are done in large conference halls where there might be 20 tables set up so they can do 20 vaccines at a time. It's like a large assembly line....sit, roll up sleeve, alcohol rub to clean the injection site, stab, bandaid, NEXT! It literally takes like 30 seconds to a minute per person and you're out of there.

With the Covid19 vaccine, they are doing it by groups. They did care home residents and staff first, then did 90+ age group, then 80+, etc....and they've also gone by province. So they did all the 90+ in Brabant first, because that was the area with the most cases. Then they moved on to the next province...probably Holland or North Holland and did all the 90+ there. And they moved steadily northward, where it's less populated and there are fewer cases. Once they got all the 90+ done, they moved on to 80+, again starting in one province and when that province was done, they moved on. Right now, they are apparently still on 70+, or maybe even 80+, because my in-laws haven't gotten their letters yet and they are in their 70s. I'm in my 40s....we started in January, so they have been doing vaccinations for exactly 4 months today and they still aren't even through the 70+. AND they have stopped using the Astra Zeneca vaccine because of trombosis linked to it. They were using it and had a few cases, so they suspended its use, then went back to using it, but only for 60+, now they've stopped using it completely again. So the vaccination is going to go even more slowly. They had originally said that everyone should be able to get at least their first shot by the Summer vacation, but I don't think it's looking good for that.

Songbird76

I was curious, so I looked it up, and according to the health department, I won't get my first shot until at least mid-May. You have to answer a bunch of questions about your age and elevated risk groups, and then it tells you when and where you can expect to get your first shot, and which one they will use. Mine says starting mid-May, I will get the Astra Zeneca shot through my doctor, then it has a star that says that's IF the AZ vaccine is reinstated. The decision is being made today. All appointments which had been made for AZ have been canceled until the board makes its decision about it. So it will be more than a month at best.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I was curious, so I looked it up, and according to the health department, I won't get my first shot until at least mid-May. You have to answer a bunch of questions about your age and elevated risk groups, and then it tells you when and where you can expect to get your first shot, and which one they will use. Mine says starting mid-May, I will get the Astra Zeneca shot through my doctor, then it has a star that says that's IF the AZ vaccine is reinstated. The decision is being made today. All appointments which had been made for AZ have been canceled until the board makes its decision about it. So it will be more than a month at best.
Fingers crossed it is soon for you. We have been running down through the age brackets/ health issues also. You get a letter telling you to phone and book your appointment. Currently on the 45-50 bracket ,so am awaiting my letter.

Tony the Tigger

What about the crazy people who don’t want it? (I imagine you have fewer of those there.) What happens if they get their letter and don’t show up?

Songbird76

What about the crazy people who don’t want it? (I imagine you have fewer of those there.) What happens if they get their letter and don’t show up?
Well, I do know someone from my choir who got her letter because she's morbidly obese, but she is anti-vaxx...they do exist here! So she wasn't going to get hers. I don't know what they do with them...probably throw them away. Last week, it was reported that doctors offices were giving them to people in the waiting rooms who wanted them instead of waiting for their letters. So then there was a surge of people trying to cram into waiting rooms, hoping there would be a surplus and they could get theirs early. So now they aren't allowed to give them to anyone who doesn't have the letter. So my guess is that they are destroyed. Such a waste. But then, it isn't good to have people flocking to the doctors offices either.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I hope you get yours soon. Good luck my friend

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have mice poop under my stove 😭😭😭😭 I don't want to deal with mice 😭😭😭😭

I think every place I've lived (moved quite a bit, and lived in both older and newer structures), those things have managed to get inside, at one point or another. Hate them. There are various methods to get rid of them, but suggest calling in a professional exterminator to handle the issue promptly. (Oh, very important to let exterminator know that you have a dog at home. They use various removal methods, and would use the ones that would not attract your dog to them.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom