The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

So the new computer is up and running. One issue. The cord is way too short. Need to find a longer one.
I hadn't noted that with B's computer, but the battery life is crazy long, so I told him use it on battery and plug it in at night.

Amazon should have more cables. I have three for my laptop. Desk cable, nightstand cable, and travel cable.

ImperfectPixie

I hadn't noted that with B's computer, but the battery life is crazy long, so I told him use it on battery and plug it in at night.

Amazon should have more cables. I have three for my laptop. Desk cable, nightstand cable, and travel cable.
I ordered an extension cord power strip.
Just a head's up...I just remembered I've seen some scary things about the Amazon Basics stuff that uses electricity.

StarWarsGirl

Just a head's up...I just remembered I've seen some scary things about the Amazon Basics stuff that uses electricity.
I don't use their power strips or cables for power. I have a couple of HDMI cables from them. I also have an Amazon basics shredder that I found on Prime Day. It does the job. I'm just careful about reading reviews when I buy Amazon basics products. The shredder had been out several years and had 4.5 star reviews. The cats have a cat tree that's from Amazon basics as well. Another Prime Day find. It holds Fat Jasmine, so it's good. 🤣

ImperfectPixie

I don't use their power strips or cables for power. I have a couple of HDMI cables from them. I also have an Amazon basics shredder that I found on Prime Day. It does the job. I'm just careful about reading reviews when I buy Amazon basics products. The shredder had been out several years and had 4.5 star reviews. The cats have a cat tree that's from Amazon basics as well. Another Prime Day find. It holds Fat Jasmine, so it's good. 🤣
Yeah...the information I saw made it seem like there were certain products that were faulty, but not all of any particular kind...random enough that my brain went "okay, don't buy Amazon Basics stuff that uses electricity". I remember a microwave, a few extension cords/power strips, I think a fan?

StarWarsGirl

Yeah...the information I saw made it seem like there were certain products that were faulty, but not all of any particular kind...random enough that my brain went "okay, don't buy Amazon Basics stuff that uses electricity". I remember a microwave, a few extension cords/power strips, I think a fan?
I treat it like everything else on Amazon. Read the reviews, if it gets 4 stars or less, don't buy it, if it gets 4.5 stars, it's probably good.

USB cables from Amazon basics are absolutely crap. My company used to sell good ones at a discount to employees, I stocked up before they stopped.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I treat it like everything else on Amazon. Read the reviews, if it gets 4 stars or less, don't buy it, if it gets 4.5 stars, it's probably good.

USB cables from Amazon basics are absolutely crap. My company used to sell good ones at a discount to employees, I stocked up before they stopped.

You do have to be careful about this too, though, as a lot of the listings generate good reviews and then switch the products. Like I was looking for a kids princess dress and there were 850 five star reviews, but when I read them, they were all for a pack of lightbulbs

MySmallWorldof4

So some people on youngest's cheer team are trying to get reservations. Since I am not all up on the whole reservation system, help. So HS is apparently full on one day they want to go. Does this mean if they go to MK in the AM, that they cannot park hop to HS later? Is it closed to them period even if they have a hopper?

Songbird76

So some people on youngest's cheer team are trying to get reservations. Since I am not all up on the whole reservation system, help. So HS is apparently full on one day they want to go. Does this mean if they go to MK in the AM, that they cannot park hop to HS later? Is it closed to them period even if they have a hopper?
@Tuvalu might know. My understanding is that you only have to reserve the one park and can hop to any other one, but ONLY one. So if you hop to HS, you can't then hop to Epcot or AK.

Figgy1

Premium Member
They can hop there as long as they tapped into their first park. Hopping starts at 2pm. They will not be able to get a boarding group for Rise because you must have a park reservation for there for the 7am group or must be in the park for the 1pm slots. You can hop to any other park that is not currently at capacity. Hopping has not hit capacity at any park as of yet. You can still do the 4 park hop if you choose.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
@Tuvalu might know. My understanding is that you only have to reserve the one park and can hop to any other one, but ONLY one. So if you hop to HS, you can't then hop to Epcot or AK.
@MySmallWorldof4

Yes they can hop to the Studios after 2 and can hop to as many parks after 2 as they wish.

So far no park has “reached capacity” once park hopping begins each day.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Laketravis , I was watching the local news today, and saw a report about how popular boats became (even up here in the Northeast) during the pandemic. There was always a moderate market up here for pleasure craft prior to that, but the season (unlike yours in Texas) is abbreviated for many (late spring to early fall), due to our weather.

Since March, 2021, boat shops have been turning away business here, because they can't fill the orders they already have (even for used boats). Part of this is due to boat companies having delays in getting parts, motors, etc.; but more than that, it's just that the demand has surged up here.

One boat shop owner mentioned that people who had given up on getting anything, were even ordering the 2022 models in March -- in the hopes that they might be able to receive one of those -- which may arrive in the fall. :jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom