The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

I have mice poop under my stove 😭😭😭😭 I don't want to deal with mice 😭😭😭😭
We had mice coming into our two car garage through small openings in the walls. Once in the garage the mouse got caught in the mice trap. We then covered the small crack openings with steel wool. Mice don't like steel wool . Haven't seen any mice since. If you have openings where mice can get through cover the openings with steel wool. Hopefully that should help.

Laketravis

@Laketravis , I was watching the local news today, and saw a report about how popular boats became (even up here in the Northeast) during the pandemic. There was always a moderate market up here for pleasure craft prior to that, but the season (unlike yours in Texas) is abbreviated for many (late spring to early fall), due to our weather.

Since March, 2021, boat shops have been turning away business here, because they can't fill the orders they already have (even for used boats). Part of this is due to boat companies having delays in getting parts, motors, etc.; but more than that, it's just that the demand has surged up here.

One boat shop owner mentioned that people who had given up on getting anything, were even ordering the 2022 models in March -- in the hopes that they might be able to receive one of those -- which may arrive in the fall. :jawdrop:

Very true. You and I had a similar conversation in a now defunct forum. For the last year or so any boat that has gone up for sale at my marina is sold within days for top dollar. There's been a lot of "extra" money dumped into the economy and discretionary spending is at record levels. Boats, jet ski's, travel trailers and RV's, dealer inventory is scarce as people have been buying toys.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@Tuvalu might know. My understanding is that you only have to reserve the one park and can hop to any other one, but ONLY one. So if you hop to HS, you can't then hop to Epcot or AK.

When I was there last week I hopped to 3 parks in one day, I thought about going to all 4 but I decided to watch the 80's tribute band in Epcot instead of hopping over to the MK.

donaldtoo

WOW! So happy to see that the family could hug again!! This will be a memorable Easter weekend for all of you. ❤️

All that aside, have to admit that I was equally excited to see you rockin' your vintage WED t-shirt!! :joyfull: (Walter Elias Disney would be proud to see you wearing this, if he were alive today.) :)

Thanks so very much Minnie...!!! :)
Memorable indeed, after such a crazy year+, but, we all made it through unscathed health-wise, and that is, of course, the most important part...!!!!! :happy:
And, Matthew (DS, 28) finally got his second Moderna dose this afternoon, so the 3 of us in our home are all now fully vaccinated...!!! 👍

Thanks, I love all those t’s I got for Christmas, and wear them often...I also love the fact that the vast majority of people have no clue what they reference to...!!!!! :hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

So some people on youngest's cheer team are trying to get reservations. Since I am not all up on the whole reservation system, help. So HS is apparently full on one day they want to go. Does this mean if they go to MK in the AM, that they cannot park hop to HS later? Is it closed to them period even if they have a hopper?
They can hop over after 2 pm. No Rise of the Resistance for hoppers.

seabreezept813

? Not sure I could be of any assistance at all, (as much as I'd like to) because it took a long time for me to get an appt. (prior to when the hospitals contacted me directly, out of the blue).

@ImperfectPixie , at various times through the years, I've been a patient at a few hospitals. It was the hospitals, themselves, that sent out an email blast to patients with specific medical conditions, or patients in specific age groups, to invite them to get their vaccine, at the hospital. (These were the larger Boston hospital corporations, with a number of affiliated hospitals in their groups.)

They all had their own online scheduling site (those bypassed the Comm. of MA one), and that was how I found an appt. One of them had an ID/and health record identifier in the email they sent, so the appt. would only work for me -- in other words, I couldn't make an appt. for a friend; because they ask for a license when you arrive, and if the information didn't match -- the person would not be admitted.

For the other hospital, I had to go through my acct. on their patient gateway, and search there for appts. Anyway, I ended up with the first hospital group I mentioned.

The Comm. of MA site was a nightmare from the get-go, but they have made improvements recently. Also,, a ton more pharmacies are now carrying the vaccine, so I hope you have better luck.
I never post here but I’m checking in now cuz I miss my pals at the politics section. Pixie check cvs’s sites most mornings around 6am. Not sure which days they put out new appointments but you might have luck this way.

seabreezept813

After looking at the Mass.gov site, the Beth Israel website (we live near a Beth Israel hospital), and my PCP's website (who sent me notification that I'm eligible), it looks like getting us vaccinated is not going to be easy...there are 5 locations within 10 miles of us, but they're all reporting being given very limited numbers of vaccines per week and all showing as full. I'm more concerned about getting hubby vaccinated than myself...perhaps I'll call 211 and see if they can track down appointments close to us...my mom said she did that and it took them about a week (but she accepted 2 appointments in Boston so they could get vaccinated at the same time).
I should add if you want to drive far for one, Worcester state puts out new appointments Saturdays around 6:30pm. I’ve been booking all my friends and family there so it’s been consistent week to week. Go to ma vax finder, type in Worcester and choose the Worcester state site.

donaldtoo

@donaldtoo. So great that your whole family can be as one again at family central.

Thank you so very much...!!! :)
And yes, between my folks fire, the damn-demic, and the incompetence of Paul Davis with the fire rebuild, among other things, it was one whacky-assted ;) year, to say the least...!!!!! 🤪:hilarious:
A very emotional day all around, especially coming together before the meal to give thanks, and, of course, the Emmy hugs...!!!!!!! :joyfull:🤗
But, Family Central is BACK...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

donaldtoo

So my neighbor is doing MK with her family on Monday May 3rd. Updated park hours aren't out yet but it seems like early magic hours are on Mondays. They are staying off property. They have only been to Disney once two years ago and had a bad experience at MK. I told her I would give her a park plan to get through better. The kids are all tall enough to go on all the coasters. Since they will be at the park at 9 and not at 8 and without FP's it makes it a bit tougher. They have a reservation at the Castle for lunch at 2. Generally we hit 7DMT first then Pooh ride, tea cups, SM, then head to Frontier Land to do BTMR, and Splash. That works with EMH, but they won't have that benefit. Any ideas?

Yes...
“Por favor mantenganse Alejado de las vecinos”
:D:hilarious:;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom