The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
What should I make after James' apron?
Lightweight sweatshirt material A line skirt will get used for around the house or walking boring as heck grey s but will be worn often
Pile of tank tops a need not so much a want but again boring
Faux wrap top dress floral jersey cute but won't really have a chance to wear it much in the near future

donaldtoo

So, I started with this rough main floor plan CAD blockout this mornin’...

3DE7981D-497D-49D9-97D4-66BA2CF55CA6.jpeg

Then, I did a rough CAD blockout of the upper floor plan...

20E6C3A4-3DCB-4E91-89A2-C7D050BA877D.jpeg

Then, I projected lines and offset plate heights, so I could have somethin’ to rough sketch/design an elevation over...

98E128A0-7CFC-4E5B-AAE7-7C116EEBD46E.jpeg

Next, I rough sketched/designed the elevation idea...

26AE10B2-A1AD-488F-85C2-7660A5C9593E.jpeg

After that, I blocked out the elevation in CAD, and made a few minor tweaks...

ECD6A424-FF86-4F38-8FAA-B6C84C0A253F.jpeg

Then, I made a PDF, and sent it to our Office Assistant for Photoshop rendering...all before lunch...

F43BCD60-E815-4E99-87DD-9B6A70CF26BE.jpeg

And, by about 3:30p, this was the final result...!!! :)

8B3C827A-71AF-456B-B715-D8946EAD0094.jpeg

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Is anyone watching the Might Ducks? It's cute and brings back my childhood but is it just me or were kids shows so much better back then.

And back then I mean the early 90s.

I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. I haven't had time to watch any more, but I'm hoping to this weekend. I enjoyed all the movies, a couple of the kids in my town were skating body doubles for some of the scenes in the original movies and scenes shot in Minnesota.

donaldtoo

Keep trying, though. A friend of mine also tried multiple times through the Lahey/BIDMC site (by the way, that's the one I got my appt. at). Then, on morning just by random, an appt. popped up -- he immediately reserved the slot for himself at a close-by location for him. That's what I mean -- cancellations happen fairly often.

It’s kinda’ funny...
When we got inside the building (a large multi-school gymnasium type building) for our second dose, and were walkin’ and walkin’ to get to the end of the line, the people attending the line were cheerin’ us on. Things like “Thanks for followin’ through!”, Thanks for showin’ up!” “Thanks for comin’ back for your second dose!”
It was kinda’ cool, actually...!!! :)

donaldtoo

Meanwhile, over here, I had some Easter eggs all decorated pretty. Hubs opened up the carton today (and don't ask me how he could possibly do this), but it popped open and all eggs fell on the floor -- DOG MAGNET -- Jack bolted into the kichen and ate 3 of them off the floor in record time -- and they were the 3 prettiest colored ones, so I was really ticked off at him. :banghead:

Sorry ‘bout the eggs, but, sounds like you’d a had to chuck ‘em anyway, so at least the ol’ “Jack Attack” got some enjoyment out of ‘em...!!!!! :D :hilarious:;)

donaldtoo

My hunch is that the younger the kid, the less affected by all this. I mean, she didn't have much of a frame of reference for what life has to offer, being so little, during the year when the worst of this mess went down. Adults, on the other hand, were deeply affected and stressed out over the entire thing. So for Emy, it might have been something "different" but not completely unusual either. Also, I'll bet she pretty much forgets about the past year of restrictions, etc., fairly quickly.

It was very obvious when it all started that she knew things were suddenly different. One day we could be huggin’ her, kissin’ her, and bein’ silly with her up close, and the next we were wearin’ masks, and keepin’ a distance away...for a very looooonnnnnng time.
At first, when we went to visit on their patio, she tried to get close to us many times, but, over a short time, she realized that was not allowed anymore. It became the norm for a year+. Now that things have started to get back closer to the way they were before all this, as I posted, it all seems to have had no adverse effects on our dear lil’ Emmy...she hugged us without hesitation, and we were bein’ up close silly with her again.
A pic of Emmy and I laughin’ over the neighborhood kitty video I’ve posted before...!!!!! :inlove::happy:

E85C21F3-2D5B-4820-9BE9-1AD0F764577D.jpeg

And, as a bonus, the video...again...!!!!! :hilarious:

Songbird76

Lightweight sweatshirt material A line skirt will get used for around the house or walking boring as heck grey s but will be worn often
Faux wrap top dress floral jersey cute but won't really have a chance to wear it much in the near future
I'd say you'll have time later to do the cute dress that you wouldn't be able to wear in the near future, so I'd go with something you can use now and then move on to the other stuff later. I'd go with the skirt first.

Songbird76

So, I started with this rough main floor plan CAD blockout this mornin’...

View attachment 546542

Then, I did a rough CAD blockout of the upper floor plan...

View attachment 546544

Then, I projected lines and offset plate heights, so I could have somethin’ to rough sketch/design an elevation over...

View attachment 546547

Next, I rough sketched/designed the elevation idea...

View attachment 546548

After that, I blocked out the elevation in CAD, and made a few minor tweaks...

View attachment 546549

Then, I made a PDF, and sent it to our Office Assistant for Photoshop rendering...all before lunch...

View attachment 546551

And, by about 3:30p, this was the final result...!!! :)

View attachment 546554
It reminds me of the library in the town where I went to college. The tall windows, the color of the stone....is that limestone? It's pretty...will it really be in the setting of the trees like that? It looks very serene in terms of surroundings.

Songbird76

I don’t eat nearly enough ketchup to care. :)
I don't eat ketchup at all....I didn't read the article, but I saw on DFB there was an article, which I also didn't read, about why Disney guests may have to do without ketchup on their next vacation. I'm assuming there must be a shortage? My husband is the only one who eats anything that resembles ketchup, so it won't affect us.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I don't eat ketchup at all....I didn't read the article, but I saw on DFB there was an article, which I also didn't read, about why Disney guests may have to do without ketchup on their next vacation. I'm assuming there must be a shortage? My husband is the only one who eats anything that resembles ketchup, so it won't affect us.

It's the small packets that are in shortage, more than the bottles. Reason is that during the pandemic, there was so much take-out, etc. (and even in sit-down restaurants) where people could only be served with the packets for sanitary reasons -- no sharing bottles, etc.

So, it's an odd phenomenon.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

For some reason, I like the comfy material grey skirt. Neutrals are always a safe bet, and go with tons of other stuff.

That aside, the floral jersey dress sounds like more fun to look at -- (do you have to wear it?) :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom