The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
So A has chess on fridays, and we have to eat early if he wants to eat before chess, which he usually does because otherwise it's 7:30 pm before he gets to eat. Every friday is also "Fry day" for him. E and I don't eat fries and such...it's just not something we enjoy. But I'm always the one to clean the deep fryer out. Well, DH did it last time. I always buy new oil for it, so I empty it, clean it, put clean oil in, and then buy more oil to have on hand for the next time. Because DH cleaned it last time, he didn't tell me we needed more oil. He just used what I had on hand and that was it. So I told him on Wednesday that I was putting the deep fryer on drain, but then I forgot about it, so I went to turn it on tonight and it started smoking. It was only on for a few seconds, so no harm done and I was able to clean it out, but there was no clean oil to put in. So DH goes to the grocery store and buys more oil, comes home and dumps it straight into the just cleaned fryer...and doesn't realize it's still set to drain. Now there is a gallon of oil all over my kitchen counter and floor. :facepalm: I told him, "boy, we are quite the team tonight!"

We also have a TON of baked goods because the kids didn't eat a lot of cookies at chess tonight, plus we already had birthday cake from yesterday, AND leftover zucchini bread from his treats for school. So we have a whole loaf of zucchini bread, half a birthday cake or more, and a bunch of cookies. Anyone want to come help us eat baked goods??
You can freeze the zucchini bread and cookies.

Lilofan

My bank recently closed their lobby, with no explanation why. My husband does not want to drive through the drive in, so I do a lot of online banking, and visit the ATM a lot.
Our banks have closed the lobbies for the last several months. The only exception is to make an appt with a banker to enter the lobby to access the safety deposit box or discuss items with a banker.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I asked/told my tenant not to get another cat, and now she has presented me with a letter from her doctor that she needs a support animal. My husband and I are not happy about this. One reason being how she is always borrowing money from us to feed her cats. She had two, and she just put one to sleep. I understand, but I am now being called the evil landlady by her.

Not an evil landlady, she's lucky you let her have one cat in the first place. When I rented it was a no pet policy. And you lend her money for them. I think she's pushing boundaries.

Goofyernmost

My bank recently closed their lobby, with no explanation why. My husband does not want to drive through the drive in, so I do a lot of online banking, and visit the ATM a lot.
I haven't been in my bank since last March. I don't have a need. All my deposits are direct and all my withdrawals are with a debit or direct payment to my Credit Cards. External checks are deposited via phone. I just had to buy a new supply of checks because of my move last March and have not used even one since then. They have me hooked on technology.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

My grandson just discovered that he has hypoglycemia. A recent episode scared his girlfriend a lot so much that she called an ambulance. Now he will get another ambulance bill that he can't afford to pay. He has insurance through work, but it isn't very good.
Oh, I am so sorry. One of my SIL’s is hypoglycemic. She knows how to monitor herself now though. Hope he will be able to pay attention to his body signals so he doesn’t have any more episodes.

MySmallWorldof4

Well 25 pages I missed. Hugs, claps, condolences, etc, for everything I missed.... I can finally say what's up with me missing so much.

My work offered Voluntary Separation for those 55 and older with severance and insurance for a year. I don't qualify, but the other gal who does my job as well does.. and she was close to retirement, so she took it. Which leaves ME to do both our jobs... needless to say, I don't have time to read the boards during the day anymore like I used to.

They are also talking about some Involuntary separations at the beginning of the year.... scary... but with my co-worker leaving...I'm pretty sure I'm in a good position. I'm not sure why our company doesn't do lay offs instead of getting rid of people...
Hope you are safe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom