The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
too easy. Shall I go on

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
O.k. So adding to 2020 suckdom at banks--

Went to my bank this morning to make a cash deposit inside. Doors were locked. A bunch of people were standing around outside the doors, and no one knew why the doors were locked (we could see the tellers inside as usual).

I decided to call the bank (yup, 5 feet outside their doors . . . :rolleyes: ) and ask them if they were going to open. The woman tells me, "We've been open for 45 minutes." I explained no one could get in with their doors locked, and THEN she says, "You'll need to go around to the other side of the bank, and use the drive-through. We put up a sign that the lobby was closed." I said, "WHAT sign? No one has seen any sign!!" So--

We all get in our cars (except for the one couple who were car-less, and had to stand waiting, in the drive- through queue). Line took forever. So, once I reached the outside teller window, I asked again, where was the sign? She says, it cash in drawe "Oh, it's right here on the window." I explained that it would have been HELPFUL if they put ANOTHER sign on the OTHER SIDE OF THE BUILDING AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE, where most customers go! :banghead:
I only have one account that I have left open at Bank of America I have funds that are electronically transferred into that account every 2 weeks and I pull every penny out and cross the street and deposit in an account at that bank. I didn’t want a paper trail of where those funds were being moved to. And then BOA started doing what you described But with only one car drive up. You could see the staff meandering about. Annoying.

A month later the other bank just posted a sign on window closed until further notice, nearest branches or use ATM. I’m not a fan of unmanned ATMs in vestibules for deposits. But at the moment I tried. Went through the entire selection, put cash in drawer and drawer reopens and screen states Sorry Depository is full. Try again later. When this branch finally reopened with partial staff they had wallboarded over the teller area. You could visit a banker or use one of 6 ATMs.

Banks are becoming more hated than our DMV. Our town Bank had you make an appointment if you wanted to enter building.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I asked/told my tenant not to get another cat, and now she has presented me with a letter from her doctor that she needs a support animal. My husband and I are not happy about this. One reason being how she is always borrowing money from us to feed her cats. She had two, and she just put one to sleep. I understand, but I am now being called the evil landlady by her.

I think she has issues . . .

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I only have one account that I have left open at Bank of America I have funds that are electronically transferred into that account every 2 weeks and I pull every penny out and cross the street and deposit in an account at that bank. I didn’t want a paper trail of where those funds were being moved to. And then BOA started doing what you described But with only one car drive up. You could see the staff meandering about. Annoying.

A month later the other bank just posted a sign on window closed until further notice, nearest branches or use ATM. I’m not a fan of unmanned ATMs in vestibules for deposits. But at the moment I tried. Went through the entire selection, put cash in drawer and drawer reopens and screen states Sorry Depository is full. Try again later. When this branch finally reopened with partial staff they had wallboarded over the teller area. You could visit a banker or use one of 6 ATMs.

Banks are becoming more hated than our DMV. Our town Bank had you make an appointment if you wanted to enter building.

At this point in time, it is all BS to me, and a slap in the face to customers. As normal policy up to certain months of Covid, tellers and bank executives are either behind bullet-proof glass, or in offices where doors can close. Up to the other day, customers all entered the lobby with masks on, to then transact business with the tellers behind the glass. Even the tellers had masks on, by the way.

So, with the NEW restrictions in place, why are the banking employees so privileged to LOCK OUT the public, when grocery workers, etc., have no such restrictions??!! :banghead:

It's a garbage move by the banks. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom