The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I would but I'm still the emergency contact number for a few kids. Most years a school number would show up but............................... It's 2020:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Is that like for snow days? My mom was the emergency contact for a few ranch kids. Because towns in Wyo are so far apart, sometimes a snow storm would hit suddenly and kids who lived out of town didn't have time to get home before roads closed because the buses couldn't run in that weather. So they had to be put up in town somewhere, so they all had to have a contact that the school could call so they had somewhere to go. Or if there was an emergency and they needed to be picked up, but the parents couldn't get there in time.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Well 25 pages I missed. Hugs, claps, condolences, etc, for everything I missed.... I can finally say what's up with me missing so much.

My work offered Voluntary Separation for those 55 and older with severance and insurance for a year. I don't qualify, but the other gal who does my job as well does.. and she was close to retirement, so she took it. Which leaves ME to do both our jobs... needless to say, I don't have time to read the boards during the day anymore like I used to.

They are also talking about some Involuntary separations at the beginning of the year.... scary... but with my co-worker leaving...I'm pretty sure I'm in a good position. I'm not sure why our company doesn't do lay offs instead of getting rid of people...

stressful for sure. I hope you’ll be safe.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Is that like for snow days? My mom was the emergency contact for a few ranch kids. Because towns in Wyo are so far apart, sometimes a snow storm would hit suddenly and kids who lived out of town didn't have time to get home before roads closed because the buses couldn't run in that weather. So they had to be put up in town somewhere, so they all had to have a contact that the school could call so they had somewhere to go. Or if there was an emergency and they needed to be picked up, but the parents couldn't get there in time.
It's for any emergency

Songbird76

Health insurance drama:

Brian had a very expensive Rx that was covered last month suddenly not covered this month. He was trying to work that out, I just figured it was a way for the insurance company to weasel out of paying.

Then I went for a routine check up last week, and the Dr. visit was a $100 copay. I knew that was wrong and almost didn't go through with it. Spent 2 hours on the phone to learn they had changed the parameters of my plan while keeping me on the same plan with the same account number. New parameters: higher deductible, higher monthly payments (by a lot) - and now we know why B's Rx was DOA.

Turns out all those emails they had been sending me required a response. (In fairness, they never did before. They email every year to get our income verified because we do our taxes in October. I always ignore the emails knowing our income will be updated when I file.)

It really shouldn't have had anything to do with that, because that was our 2019 income, which has nothing to do with 2020. When Brian lost his job and my business was closed in the Spring, we were able to call in and get a revision to our projected income, which put us on a better plan for less money. Brian is still not working, and I never claimed I would be closed for the year, I just submitted a revised projection sans two months (which is still accurate.)

They say they fixed it but don't know how long it will take to take effect. I need to get a procedure by the end of the month while our deductible is met or the cost will be problematic. I don't even have an appointment for that yet, getting the referral in the mail probably today. Also I have to file an appeal to get all of this backdated to when they changed our plan. All fun stuff.
Ugh, I hate dealing with stuff like that. It gives me horrible anxiety. I hope you get it all worked out!!!

Songbird76

So A has chess on fridays, and we have to eat early if he wants to eat before chess, which he usually does because otherwise it's 7:30 pm before he gets to eat. Every friday is also "Fry day" for him. E and I don't eat fries and such...it's just not something we enjoy. But I'm always the one to clean the deep fryer out. Well, DH did it last time. I always buy new oil for it, so I empty it, clean it, put clean oil in, and then buy more oil to have on hand for the next time. Because DH cleaned it last time, he didn't tell me we needed more oil. He just used what I had on hand and that was it. So I told him on Wednesday that I was putting the deep fryer on drain, but then I forgot about it, so I went to turn it on tonight and it started smoking. It was only on for a few seconds, so no harm done and I was able to clean it out, but there was no clean oil to put in. So DH goes to the grocery store and buys more oil, comes home and dumps it straight into the just cleaned fryer...and doesn't realize it's still set to drain. Now there is a gallon of oil all over my kitchen counter and floor. :facepalm: I told him, "boy, we are quite the team tonight!"

We also have a TON of baked goods because the kids didn't eat a lot of cookies at chess tonight, plus we already had birthday cake from yesterday, AND leftover zucchini bread from his treats for school. So we have a whole loaf of zucchini bread, half a birthday cake or more, and a bunch of cookies. Anyone want to come help us eat baked goods??

Figgy1

Premium Member
So A has chess on fridays, and we have to eat early if he wants to eat before chess, which he usually does because otherwise it's 7:30 pm before he gets to eat. Every friday is also "Fry day" for him. E and I don't eat fries and such...it's just not something we enjoy. But I'm always the one to clean the deep fryer out. Well, DH did it last time. I always buy new oil for it, so I empty it, clean it, put clean oil in, and then buy more oil to have on hand for the next time. Because DH cleaned it last time, he didn't tell me we needed more oil. He just used what I had on hand and that was it. So I told him on Wednesday that I was putting the deep fryer on drain, but then I forgot about it, so I went to turn it on tonight and it started smoking. It was only on for a few seconds, so no harm done and I was able to clean it out, but there was no clean oil to put in. So DH goes to the grocery store and buys more oil, comes home and dumps it straight into the just cleaned fryer...and doesn't realize it's still set to drain. Now there is a gallon of oil all over my kitchen counter and floor. :facepalm: I told him, "boy, we are quite the team tonight!"

We also have a TON of baked goods because the kids didn't eat a lot of cookies at chess tonight, plus we already had birthday cake from yesterday, AND leftover zucchini bread from his treats for school. So we have a whole loaf of zucchini bread, half a birthday cake or more, and a bunch of cookies. Anyone want to come help us eat baked goods??
Air fryer and a spritz bottle for oil;)

BAChicagoGal

I asked/told my tenant not to get another cat, and now she has presented me with a letter from her doctor that she needs a support animal. My husband and I are not happy about this. One reason being how she is always borrowing money from us to feed her cats. She had two, and she just put one to sleep. I understand, but I am now being called the evil landlady by her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom