The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Sure Jan GIF

And, there’s a heckuva’ lot more in that “The Kinks” ripoff than just acoustic guitar, including lead electric, rhythm, and bass guitar...!!!!! :hilarious:

Goofyernmost

At this point in time, it is all BS to me, and a slap in the face to customers. As normal policy up to certain months of Covid, tellers and bank executives are either behind bullet-proof glass, or in offices where doors can close. Up to the other day, customers all entered the lobby with masks on, to then transact business with the tellers behind the glass. Even the tellers had masks on, by the way.

So, with the NEW restrictions in place, why are the banking employees so privileged to LOCK OUT the public, when grocery workers, etc., have no such restrictions??!! :banghead:

It's a garbage move by the banks. :mad:
You know I was curious about that myself. My bank is a Credit Union and this particular CU is highly automated. If you go inside to do banking you are greeted by a bank of ATM type machines that connect with the main office where you actually see a teller, but it is on a TV screen. No actual person standing in front of you. You cannot get more "safely spaced" then that. So why close the lobby.

Yes, there are offices for loan and new account work because they still have to do that anyway. So unless you have an appointment to meet with a bank official, no entry. The only inconvenience that this arrangement has caused me is a simple one. My apartment building has several laundry rooms in the building on every level. All of them coin operated. At varying times during this nightmare coins have been hard to come by and trying to get rolls of quarters requires this action. Go to the door, knock on the locked door until someone comes up and yells through the glass asking what I want. When I tell them I need to buy some quarters I get a sigh like attitude as they ask me if I have the cash to buy them regardless of how much money I might have on deposit with them. If the answer is yes I do have cash. The door opens enough to have me pass the cash to them. They then disappear and come back with whatever number of rolls I buy (limited to two), open the door wide enough to hand them to me, quickly shut the door with the less then heartfelt "have a nice day" wish.

That really is the only time I even tried there. Since then I have asked for quarters with the cash back feature at the grocery store. I can't do that unless I have asked ahead of time if they can spare some. One time one roll another time two, but no more. If it wasn't such a hassle to change banks I would, but, they are all alike right now and basically mine pays more interest then most even on checking account balances. Bankers cannot afford to risk Covid, I guess since they are the keepers of our worldly wealth they rank right up there for top rate protection.

MouseDreaming

I want a new coat but the problem is both of my winter coats are London Fog, not getting a new one anytime soon;) I'm going to make a new fleece jacket after the holidays:joyfull:
The liming of the pockets of mine are ripped, and the zipper is finally giving out. I can't complain, though. It has gotten me through more than a decades worth of Chicago winters.

MouseDreaming

Anybody else having problem with telemarketers? I'm on the no call lists but keep getting calls from extended car warranty companies. I keep blocking them but they call from different numbers. Sometimes computer and sometimes human:eek: I ask what call when it's human and they hang up. I would use my whistle but they usually call when my dh is sleeping
I keep getting calls from out of state. I don't pick up, and they don't leave a message. Might be extended warranty, or the IRS is locking you away, unless you give us all of your info now.

MouseDreaming

@MySmallWorldof4 , do you get your pets any Christmas presents? We usually buy a few treats for Jack. If he could speak, he'd tell us to forget the toys -- just come across with the FOOD!!! 🐶 :joyfull:
Jasmine gets presents. And some of them are treats. She loves to open presents, and is so good at it, I can't leave presents under the tree. She will go through them all!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We decided to go to the indoor market today at one of the coffee places in town because we saw a post by one of the bakeries that was going to be there. They invented a new bread flavor and called it "Well That's Weird" it is caramelized onions, cranberries, cornmeal and pumpernickel flour. It should be interesting to try for dinner (tomorrow) maybe with some bratwurst. Oh and another bakery that was there had gooey caramel rolls, cinnamon rolls, and croissants, so of course we had to buy some of those for breakfast tomorrow!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom