The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

John park hopper

1500 new covid cases and 9 deaths here in SC --Charleston County looks like schools will be on line unless cases drop (doesn't look like will). I am so glad my boys are grown and and not in school, it's going to be tough on parents. Looking at another hot day 94 and heat index of 105-110 slight chance of rain. Stayed inside yesterday, started making a fishing rod for the grandson--will stay inside today again

Figgy1

Premium Member
1500 new covid cases and 9 deaths here in SC --Charleston County looks like schools will be on line unless cases drop (doesn't look like will). I am so glad my boys are grown and and not in school, it's going to be tough on parents. Looking at another hot day 94 and heat index of 105-110 slight chance of rain. Stayed inside yesterday, started making a fishing rod for the grandson--will stay inside today again
The like was for the fishing pole

Figgy1

Premium Member
@figmentfan423 , I made an apple pie a few days ago. (I only make one a year, because I don't like peeling and cutting up, a bunch of apples. I prefer working with berries -- much easier.)

So, that hideous task aside, I found some pre-made pie crusts from Pillsbury at the grocery store. :p They're so easy to use! :D

(Figgy, I know you can't have flour products for yourself, but I thought the pre-made ones might come in handy if you ever had to make a pie for dessert, if you had a guest over for dinner some day. It says on the box that they can be either refrigerated or frozen for future use.)
Pie crust is easy just butter, GF flour and vodka and making one gives me an excuse to use my rolling pin from France. I bet if you had 1595329469137.png making apple everything would be easier;)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Our school is planning on two student cohorts, each spending a week in person and a week in asynchronous distance learning, so basically worksheets and computer time. Our hospitals are not filled yet, but they're getting there, so I'm trying to remain flexible.

With herd immunity being called into question, I just wouldn't be surprised if this isn't our only year of whacky school. Hopefully it's like exercie, where something is better than nothing.

John park hopper

Our school is planning on two student cohorts, each spending a week in person and a week in asynchronous distance learning, so basically worksheets and computer time. Our hospitals are not filled yet, but they're getting there, so I'm trying to remain flexible.

With herd immunity being called into question, I just wouldn't be surprised if this isn't our only year of whacky school. Hopefully it's like exercie, where something is better than nothing.
From what i am hearing there a couple of vaccines that look promising and big pharm companies are ready to make millions of doses so hopefully there is a light at the end of the covid tunnel beginning early next year

Goofyernmost

Steve is currently investigating the pop-up glitch today -- many of us are getting it on every page. Hopefully, he can get to the bottom of it.
And I for one, am happy to report it gone. Thanks Steve @wdwmagic, it was a mere moment of panic where I was petrified that along with everything else I was going to lose one of my few pass times.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
From what i am hearing there a couple of vaccines that look promising and big pharm companies are ready to make millions of doses so hopefully there is a light at the end of the covid tunnel beginning early next year

I don't anticipate being on the first wave of vaccines, so we'll plan to continue to be careful. We get vaccinations and all that, but would rather not be a guinea pig for a new one. IDK we'll see when it comes out. I hope they figure it out soon.

Goofyernmost

So we drove to the Great Smokies Natl Park and Clingman’s Dome to get cool yesterday. We could not even visit the dome because of the amount of p

I have heard people say that too about working outdoors in the heat. But, I don't think I could ever get used to it. I will go outside for awhile then run inside the air conditioning for awhile. And repeat. All day long. :joyfull:
I used to have no tolerance for heat, then I spent a glorious year in beautiful South East Asia (Vietnam, for short) and since then it has been the cold that throws me. I never really liked the cold, but I didn't think about it much. Sitting on a step drinking beer with no shirt on Christmas day completely altered that situation.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I don't anticipate being on the first wave of vaccines, so we'll plan to continue to be careful. We get vaccinations and all that, but would rather not be a guinea pig for a new one. IDK we'll see when it comes out. I hope they figure it out soon.

I had the same thoughts about being a guinea pig for a new vaccine. I told my husband I didn't know if I wanted to get one right away when it comes out and he kind of looked at me like why? But I'm not always the first to jump on board new things, I like to wait a bit to see effects. But I guess I don't have to worry about it for now and do my research when it becomes available.

John park hopper

"AstraZeneca has said it hopes to deliver and start distributing Oxford University’s Covid-19 vaccine by the end of the year, after preliminary trial results revealed it induces a strong immune response within humans and appears to be safe."
I'm keeping my fingers crossed this pans out personally I would not hesitate to get I'm tired of masks and sanitizers and social distancing and living like a hermit --thought the wife says I live like one any way

Goofyernmost

I had the same thoughts about being a guinea pig for a new vaccine. I told my husband I didn't know if I wanted to get one right away when it comes out and he kind of looked at me like why? But I'm not always the first to jump on board new things, I like to wait a bit to see effects. But I guess I don't have to worry about it for now and do my research when it becomes available.
I would wait for a lot of things, but if it has a chance of stopping a killer then I want first in line. I was in one of the first waves of Polio Vaccine, that was worth the risk because getting Polio was not something that would have been good. This Virus will do some pretty nasty stuff even to the survivors that the regular flu does not do. This is worth taking the chance in my mind. I'm actually hoping the VA gets it first. Those of us that have been in the military are quite used to being guinea pigs. Even though my life as a retired person has not drastically altered my way of life, I am really missing the feeling of being comfortable around people. I don't even take the chance on the "regular" flu anymore. I have no idea what they are injecting, but I do know that I haven't had the flu for years. I hardly even get colds, but when I do they are whoppers.

21stamps

Here’s a few more photos from yesterday.. I took screenshots from a video for this sequence..

I actually made the jump, 1st try, on this one, but then went flying face first in the water when I couldn’t hold my balance on the blue circle😂😂

T’s First attempt-

C6F0C669-3CAB-4398-AEAA-655241098588.jpeg

He’s going to be short.,
6C0E3932-F799-45A9-B0E7-58C9C6D55F65.jpeg

Face plant.
F6912F3C-5B88-47A1-93A9-1BC22F959075.jpeg

Bounced off into the water..

5313DFF4-ECDA-4258-A032-25FDEF008100.jpeg

2nd attempt-
43D39F85-F837-426F-8BC8-B82144302075.jpeg

Nope. Another face plant, bouncing off into the water.

DC172527-E347-4ADC-BA42-BF29D907C343.jpeg

Songbird76

Our cases are on the rise again. 3 weeks ago or so, we were at 50 new cases per day in the Netherlands. The Dutch CDC went to a weekly update instead of daily, and we got over 1000 cases in a week. Yesterday, the news reported 144 new cases in one day, so tripled from 3 weeks ago. People aren't distancing. So far they haven't announced any return of restrictions, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom