The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

It turned out to be an earlier morning than I even thought. My daughter forgot her phone downstairs, and she forgot to turn all her alarms off now that she's done with classes. So at 6:30 this morning, her phone started blasting "Why ya gotta be so ruuuuuude....don't you know I'm human toooooooo." And because it was downstairs, and she sleeps like the dead and had her door closed, she didn't hear it and therefore did not turn it off. I was less than amused. But oh well....I survived.

The good news is that A won the tournament. My husband has asked the school for pictures, at least of A with the trophy, which stays at the school and the winner's name is added each year and their picture goes on the wall of fame. Not bad for a first year. They put him in the 3rd year bracket because of his level. He plays regularly with one of the teachers (a 3rd year teacher) and it was hilarious because at our first parent teacher conference this year, his teacher told us the reason the games took so long was because A was too good. The 3rd year teacher didn't know what moves to make, but had a friend who plays, so he'd take a picture of the board after A made his move, and he'd send it to his friend, who would then tell him what his next move should be, so he had to wait for his friend's instructions before he could make his next move. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: A of course doesn't know this. The just had the board set up in the classroom, and every day, the teacher would come in at some point to make his move, then go back to his class. When A was finished with his work, he'd go and make his next move and let the teacher know it was his move again.

But he told me at the beginning of the year that it was going to be HIS picture on the wall with that trophy, and his name on it. And he was right!
That is so cool! Congrats A!!!

FutureCEO

Not really, which is why a lot of passholders, myself included, are not happy. The words, "completely unacceptable", "not good enough" and "ridiculous" were used.

Given how much the Hershey is going to lose money based on staffing, cleaning, reduced operation season and they run their own business (not the public)....they have every right to reduce hours.

PS - In Disney's same case, I can see that if and only if the NBA wasn't given after hours access. Wish I was rich to get everything handed to me on a silver platter.

MySmallWorldof4

They also should have made their hours more like 12-8. A lot of season passholders go after work.

And I'm sorry, if they're going to do this, they need to extend our season passes through the end of next year. Pretty much every other park is doing it except for them. A lot of people cancelled their season passes; those of us who didn't need something more than just extra coupons.
You are right. If they would have extended the season passes through 2021 no one would have said anything.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I am going paint shopping today. My grandson is doing a full cleaning of his apartment in the attic. He wants to adopt a new dog in the near future. I hope the Chicago temperatures get lower soon. Of course, he does have AC, but because they are painting, he is going to want to open a few windows sometime during the painting process. I am just glad my grandson is finally offering to do some work.

What color are you shopping for?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Youngest is having a blast at her new gym. She went to open gym last night. 3 of her new teammates showed up. They are all 9 years old. We were able to watch a little as they tumbled their little hearts out. They came out at 8 and youngest comes to me and says that her new little friends want a sleepover at our house. I said sure of course. The kids thought I meant they could sleep over last night. When I realized that I was like, um not tonight. I need a little bit of notice. The parents were laughing because apparently this is the norm. The kids connive together about going to each others houses and which parents to con. The kids have been so welcoming to my youngest and it just really makes me happy. We definitely didn't see this at her other gym.

Good news! I'm glad this new place has been more welcoming you all deserve a nice place with welcoming people.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I also make them with almond flour. The texture is definitely different but the taste is delicious. I found sugar and dairy free chocolate chips on Amazon and use those to put in cookies.

I don't know if I would want to give up regular chocolate chips but the cookies are tasty. I think I would get used to the texture if I make them more. I usually only make chocolate chip cookies once a year but made more now with the almond flour! I normally put oatmeal and peanut butter in my regular chocolate chip cookies so next time I might research for a recipe that includes peanut butter.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Good morning. Transformer across the street blew this morning, so no power right now. One advantage of living right across from the transformer is that when it blows it’s loud. So when you report the outage, you can tell them exactly which pole they need to come visit.

Was there a storm of just overloaded? Not fun for sure to be without power. I hope it gets fixed fast for you.

MySmallWorldof4

I don't know if I would want to give up regular chocolate chips but the cookies are tasty. I think I would get used to the texture if I make them more. I usually only make chocolate chip cookies once a year but made more now with the almond flour! I normally put oatmeal and peanut butter in my regular chocolate chip cookies so next time I might research for a recipe that includes peanut butter.
I have found recipes that use almond butter. I assume you can sub peanut instead. The chocolate chips surprisingly do not taste any different to me then regular. They are dark chocolate. It is possible that I just got used to the taste since I generally don't use sugar? They use monkfruit as a sweetener which is actually carb free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom