The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The same thing would be likely with me, but it would not be a good idea for to even have a 4 liquor drink to due to amount of medications I take.

I rarely drink alcohol with it being chilled wine with special occasion meal.
Im Sorry. Especially during shelter times.

Songbird76

No, it's a Brother, and yes, I did break it years ago. Needs adjustments and overhaul by a sewing machine tech. (There's one in the next town, but I've held off for now, as it will cost about $100.)
Sorry, I was making a joke. Have you heard about Schrodinger's cat? Where while the cat is in the box, you don't know if it's alive or dead, so it's both? You said the sewing machine was still in the box, and it made me think of Schrodinger's cat.

Songbird76

T may or may not have broken his toe while at the pool today. We’re not sure. It’s swollen, black and blue, and the nail will for sure fall off.

He soaked it in a bucket of ice water for half an hour, then an ice pack for another hour while on the sofa, then an ice bucket again.
Said he still wanted to play in his baseball game tonight. He’s semi limping, but did run. I said I’ll allow it.

Get to the game, warm up, he’s pitching bullets.. Then thunder and lightening come. We get put on a half hour delay and go to car.
Now just received a text that game is cancelled, hopefully rescheduled for Thursday. I think this worked out in our favor!
I’m not letting him go to soccer tomorrow if it still hurts as bad as now.
Perhaps you should take him to the doctor? I know they can't do much for a toe, but then at least you'd know whether or not it's broken. If it is, he probably shouldn't be doing sports...it could permanently damage it.
A broke his big toe when he was 4 or maybe just barely turned 5. They taped it up and told me to let him walk on it, but no PE or sports for I want to say a week or two?

Songbird76

Happy Monday.... the Monday after being on vacation for a week is yucky! So much work piled up while I was gone!

After I dropped the Mr off at D&D, I headed to great clips and got 4 inches cut off my hair... it was getting so long!
Do you feel lighter? E is finally to the point that her hair is driving her nuts and she wants to have it cut off. (shoulder length) She measured and if she cuts it to shoulder length, she'll have 44.5 centimeters to donate. But she promised a friend of hers ages ago that she could curl and style her hair sometime before she chopped it, and then corona happened. So now she's all ready to chop it, but wants to keep her promise to her friend.

Songbird76

I looked into this and here's what I found.

Another article from someone who actually experienced the testing:
https://.com/2020/06/breaking-disne...-check-system-ahead-of-theme-parks-reopening/

On the one hand, it sounds faster if all you do is walk through a scanner and they don't have to go through every bag anymore. On the other hand, if they are still going to go through the bigger bags as suggested in the 2nd article, that could be an issue. And if they aren't disinfecting in between manual bag searches, that's less than stellar at the moment. But still an improvement over having to manually go through every single bag. They already have bag scanners in DLP and it was so much faster than in Florida.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I’m almost positive that T’s toe is broken. He’s now sleeping.. which is strange, but I think between the activities of the past week, combined with ice on his foot, may have just worn him down. I’m really glad the game was cancelled.

Better an injured toe than a broken arm or leg!

Wait, let me add an edit. I’m not 100% positive and don’t want to jinx him. There’s a possibility that it could just be sprained, and the nail coming off will be the worst of it. Either way, I’m glad it was a toe that got hurt when he slipped, not something worse.

Do you think he might need an x-ray, to see if the bone is broken? I (think) sometimes they put some sort of splint on a broken toe -- to make sure it heals straight.

I hope T isn't in any pain this morning. (If so, do you have a walk-in clinic nearby, that you could take him in, even before work today? Just a thought only, if he's in pain.)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Do you think he might need an x-ray, to see if the bone is broken? I (think) sometimes they put some sort of splint on a broken toe -- to make sure it heals straight.

I hope T isn't in any pain this morning. (If so, do you have a walk-in clinic nearby, that you could take him in, even before work today? Just a thought only, if he's in pain.)
Mrs F broke hers little toe a few years ago and will always have issues. Best get it checked out and dealt with pronto.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
No, it's a Brother, and yes, I did break it years ago. Needs adjustments and overhaul by a sewing machine tech. (There's one in the next town, but I've held off for now, as it will cost about $100.)

I was in the same situation. Like.... I hate sewing anyway and broke the thing but kept it. On one of the last purges though I gave it away to a friend who could fix it up for her daughter. I can tell you just not having it in my house was a weight off my shoulders. Like sitting in the closet it was a to do task, and a thing I couldn't use because I haven't fixed it, and then even if it was fixed I didn't enjoy using it LOL.

I also purged a blanket I've been knitting for the last 20 years. Like, if I haven't finished it in 20 years it's not getting finished

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom