The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

donaldtoo

I was given a Philmont belt from my friend who went to Philmont. Only problem is that he got me a size 28, I'm a 32. I still have it, but it's just chillin' in my Scout Memorabilia collection at the moment. I also had a Philmont Grace coin somewhere in my collection but can't seem to find it anywhere.

It’s funny, I was thinkin’ earlier today that I also probably have the Philmont Grace plaque somewhere in a box, but, can’t remember for sure (hey, gimme’ a break, that was all about 40-ish years ago, and I’ve slept since then...!!!!!:D:hilarious:).
Pretty sure I never got the Philmont Grace coin, though. I googled it and it doesn’t look familiar.
Also, I’m pretty sure my Crew Shirts are somewhere in a box in our attic, as well. And I know about a decade ago, I dug up a small box with a coupla’ well-used Philmont maps and some faded pics.
All this talk about Philmont has brought the memories floodin’ back...I really need to take some time to find it all...!!!:)

Goofyernmost

The deer herder in me really doesn't get it. How do you ……... cute creatures with names
I'm not a hunter either, but I do understand if they are being used as food and not just "the thrill of the kill". For the life of me I can see no reason for animals to even exist except to eat each other or for us to use as nourishment.

Side note... I tried one of those Impossible Whoppers at Burger Kings this weekend and it was alright I guess. It looks like beef but if it wasn't for the lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese, mayo and pickles it really wouldn't have any actual flavor. It makes a good placebo, but people are kidding themselves if they really think it tastes like beef. I really was hoping it would impress me because I want to cut down on red meat a little and I thought that would be a good alternative, but for me it wasn't.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
But two generations ago the food we were eating was more real as well. It's so much more processed now. With a lot more ingredients.
I try not to get overly wrapped up in all that. I’m a AARP woman 2 generations ago and I eat healthy. I lived through the DDT chemicals 2 generations ago on crops so I don’t buy heavily into yesteryear healthy. Cyclamates were heavily into my younger life now banned. So much of current claims that that stuff being healthy is proven outright false. It is mythology. Two generations ago Agent Orange was harmless to my generation of soldiers ask those exposed. Who would want their child exposed to that of my generation. Just kidding themselves. I tend to disregard the latest fear mongers of what will kill me. My kids are being exposed to the daily run off of chemicals like Round Up. The current generations Agent Orange.

Lilofan

But two generations ago the food we were eating was more real as well. It's so much more processed now. With a lot more ingredients.
Who would ever think that the BK Impossible Whopper not only taste good but be a popular item? I should have bought stock in Beyond Meat. I would have tripled my investment. Now, Dunkin Donuts have plant based breakfast sandwiches?

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Side note... I tried one of those Impossible Whoppers at Burger Kings this weekend and it was alright I guess. It looks like beef but if it wasn't for the lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese, mayo and pickles it really wouldn't have any actual flavor. It makes a good placebo, but people are kidding themselves if they really think it tastes like beef. I really was hoping it would impress me because I want to cut down on red meat a little and I thought that would be a good alternative, but for me it wasn't.

Noted. I think these have been over-hyped. Been reading comments like yours and others saying about the same thing. The people who think the Impossible is delicious are few and far between. Pass.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Who would ever think that the BK Impossible Whopper not only taste good but be a popular item? I should have bought stock in Beyond Meat. I would have tripled my investment. Now, Dunkin Donuts have plant based breakfast sandwiches?

Per my comments above to Goofyernmost, I think that you and I are reading different reviews of them!! ;) You didn't say if you actually tried one -- have you? I'm curious to know if you'd like it.

As for Dunkies, I haven't read anything about their plant-based option yet. I'll let others try it first, to see what the consensus is. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm not a hunter either, but I do understand if they are being used as food and not just "the thrill of the kill". For the life of me I can see no reason for animals to even exist except to eat each other or for us to use as nourishment.

The beyond meat is better;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom