The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

I buy the urinary tract health formula. Haven’t had issues thank goodness. Our cat Tigger used to get them and we actually switched then from Blue Buffalo to the Purina UTI health one. Guess animals like people are all different.

I buy an expensive Urinary tract health food for my cat... I'm tired of paying $75 a bag though....... There is a Purina UTI heath one for cats too. I just email my vet to see if she thinks I could switch my kitty over.

Cesar R M

I had the weirdest dream.
I dream that I was in the strangest cinema theater.
The building made no sense. It was huge.. like 5 floors high. It was one giant screen and multiple smaller ones.
A good chunk of the seas were inverted towards the smaller screens going backwards in some areas.
It looked like the inside of a multi floor mall with many stairs. But also reminded me of these giant show buildings. with multiple concessions and stores in the show arena.

There were some very weird scenes that were related to Frozen ( my mind made up scenes of Frozen 2 based on the trailers). At the same time some trippy things were happening. Including one guy being chased around the place by 3 clearly alien hybrids in Black suits. Vendor screaming their wares while walking thru the walkways mid show.

What.. the.. hell... :hilarious:

Been having hella weird dreams. But nothing tops the one of 3 days ago where I dreamed that I grew dreadlocks.
I looked fine but then my aunt told me why I was letting my hair grow with dreadlocks if I'm getting bald. I looked at the mirror again and now had dreadlocks on the sides and back of my head while the top was totally bald. :hungover:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Also: I have no idea what the heck dog food to get anymore! Kylie is almost out of her Rachel Ray nutrish grain free that we've been getting for the last couple of years, but I read this the other day:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/fda-warns-dry-dog-foods-linked-canine-heart/story?id=64017754

And although it's at the bottom of the list, it's on the list of dog foods causing heart disease in dogs.

Even very expensive Blue Buffalo was pretty high on the list.
Oh no, we feed our pup Rachel Ray and Buffalo Blue. She likes a rotation, she'll get bored after awhile and stop eating until we switch it out. Maybe I'll have to start making her food. :(
I've been considering that for awhile now. A friend of ours has a dog, Fonzie, I think he might be a miniature greyhound(?) something like that. Anyway, he got very sick, high liver enzymes, prognosis was he would not live long. They started just cooking chicken and vegetables for him, and he's perfectly fine now. They got a specific dog diet off the internet somewhere.

I know my Kylie loves chicken. I was raised to never give a dog table food because they can't tolerate it - and I know most "people food" is bad, but I think boiling or baking a chicken can't be bad, right? It's the additives and spices and what not that are not good for the dog.

Just for additional reference, the article isn't very clear about this, but it's actually being linked to grain free diets, not necessarily the brands mentioned. Blue Buffalo for example is high on that list because a lot of people use that brand, it's very popular, so of course more cases will be associated with it.

The correlation here is for the grain free diet, itself. I will say though that at the rescue we feed the dogs whatever has been donated, and we haven't had any problems of this nature. Not saying that its a huge sample size, but just take some of these early scientific correlations with a grain of salt.

Some further reading: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2019/07/grain-free-dog-food-fda-warning/593167/

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Until the Boomers need help with technology. Like when the can't figure out that the round button at the front of their iPad is the home button. And then said millenial has to go over and unlock the iPad 🙄

Keep in mind my daughter is 4.....

My sister in law got her an Osmo for Christmas, which is an interactive game thing for the Kindle Fire. It uses the camera to replicate what you're drawing or writing on the notepad, then shows it animated up on the screen. I had to ask A's help downloading the program to the right profile so she could use it on her account not mine :hilarious: :hilarious:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I agree. It is vets and pet food manufactures that sell the pet food that tell us human food is bad for pets. Yet wild animals hunt what we eat right? Go back a generation or two and family pets ate what was left of family food. Me Oatmeal’s can’t be bad. Boiled meat. I was known to give my pups a treat of my home made chicken soup. Veggies and boiled chicken.

But two generations ago the food we were eating was more real as well. It's so much more processed now. With a lot more ingredients.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Very cool...!!!:)
I actually have that buckle on a Philmont belt, and 2 patches (edit - ‘80 & ‘81 - can’t keep my years straight...!!!!! :facepalm::hilarious:) like the items pictured below...unfortunately, they’re buried in a box somewhere in our attic and there’s no way in heck that belt would fit (although, I guess I could always order another one...?! 🤔) my ol’ fat self ever again...!!!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 429744View attachment 429746
I was given a Philmont belt from my friend who went to Philmont. Only problem is that he got me a size 28, I'm a 32. I still have it, but it's just chillin' in my Scout Memorabilia collection at the moment. I also had a Philmont Grace coin somewhere in my collection but can't seem to find it anywhere.

MySmallWorldof4

Keep in mind my daughter is 4.....

My sister in law got her an Osmo for Christmas, which is an interactive game thing for the Kindle Fire. It uses the camera to replicate what you're drawing or writing on the notepad, then shows it animated up on the screen. I had to ask A's help downloading the program to the right profile so she could use it on her account not mine :hilarious: :hilarious:
We have Osmo. The pizza game is cute. It helps with math skills. My 9 year old still plays that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom