The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Got back yesterday from spending Thanksgiving at my sons's. The granddaughters (4, 6) got out all their pictures of our May WDW trip and they got dressed in their princess dresses. They kept asking papa john when can we go to Disney World again? My daughter in law is a Star Wars "nut" we started planning for the 50th anniversary Jan or Feb 2022. They want to go back to POFQ the girls loved it. We will be adding son number one his two boys will be 5 and 2 should be a fun time. Will get both knees replaced this Jan so I can keep up with them.
Sending prayers and pixie dust everything works out for you and yours

Goofyernmost

When they say that a vegetarian diet is cheaper, they mean when you use whole foods. Beans and rice and veggies from the produce aisle and eggs will run you a lot less than meat. But when you get into the processed meat substitutes, they're pretty expensive. I have a bag of non-meat meatballs at home that cost $5 and will maybe be enough for two meals. I don't get them often because it's much more economical to throw in some lentils or black beans for protein.

Anything made with Byond meat and Impossible meat and stuff like that is going to cost you.
Not me it's not... not anymore anyway. :)

21stamps

Just for additional reference, the article isn't very clear about this, but it's actually being linked to grain free diets, not necessarily the brands mentioned. Blue Buffalo for example is high on that list because a lot of people use that brand, it's very popular, so of course more cases will be associated with it.

The correlation here is for the grain free diet, itself. I will say though that at the rescue we feed the dogs whatever has been donated, and we haven't had any problems of this nature. Not saying that its a huge sample size, but just take some of these early scientific correlations with a grain of salt.

Some further reading: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2019/07/grain-free-dog-food-fda-warning/593167/

I was worried about this over the summer!! I posted on FB curious to see what people were switching to.

Reilly has been grain free since he was a puppy when I found out that he was allergic to grain. We’ve been using Orijen for years. He loves it, I love it for him.

I made a vet appointment after this warning came out and the vet told me that I shouldn’t worry about it too much. There’s no reason for Reilly to have grain and make himself sick.

I feel similar with veggies even though he’s not allergic. It’s fine for a treat, same with fruit., but their food should be high in protein above anything else..with just a small amount of fruits and/or veggies if that’s what they like. Reilly didn’t like a raw diet when I tried it once, so we found Orijen to be the next best thing.

Now, all of that said, I’m still afraid, so I got a tip from a friend about a place that prepares dog food weekly for individuals. I went that route, but I think we will eventually go back to Orijen sooner rather than later, unless I hear/read a larger study and proof that heart disease is linked to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom