The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

KBLovedDisney

A friend of our brother borrowed that VHS from us when we were a kid, and his dad "accidentally" recorded an adult film scene in the middle of it when it was at the friend's house. That was my first glimpse at adult films and it ruined the Dark Crystal for us. I was like... eight. I see all the hype around the remake and I'm over here like... nope. nope. all the nope.
Yikes!

Also, what is coming out is not a re-make of the movie (thank gawd!). It is a prequel set in the ancient times before the Dark Crystal story took place, at least that is my understanding.

ETA: And they are using actual puppets, and some CGI but not a whole lot.

93boomer

Premium Member
Doesn't matter if the power goes out 😉
Sorry I just got around to checking this one out. I had just got in the door and put the like on it. That is hilarious!! Think we should get one, do you? 🤣 The funny thing our Dd has a Mickey one like it when she was little. It was so loud! 🤣

Goofyernmost

Sorry I just got around to checking this one out. I had just got in the door and put the like on it. That is hilarious!! Think we should get one, do you? 🤣 The funny thing our Dd has a Mickey one like it when she was little. It was so loud! 🤣
I have an alarm that I hope they bury me with because I am totally convinced that it is capable of waking the dead and perhaps I can get that Zombie Apocalypse started. ⏰

MySmallWorldof4

So I met my long lost a few times removed cousins today. I met them with my girls at an outlet center that was not far from us. We walked around and chatted. So we are related through my great grandmother on my mother’s side. So it was a cousin I think 3 times removed and her daughter. Her daughter is only 2 years younger than me. The interesting thing is that the mom is 82 and she graduated from Women’s Medical College in Philly in ‘61. That was pretty unheard of back then. I was pretty impressed. She practiced psychiatry and still keeps her license active. I was trying to be careful and not get psychoanalyzed. 😉Her daughter was definitely someone I could have been friends with growing up. So it was a great meeting all in all.

KBLovedDisney

When you are having a great day, and then you get a text from a family member you still speak to that your cat you "left behind" when you moved away is dying...

She is 14 and the vet says she has a tumor that is inoperable.

Feel so horrible, but we didn't have the means to bring her with us when we moved away 10 years ago. Gawd I feel bad.

Songbird76

Welp, lost my job this morning. According to HR, 2 people went and reported me (and a few others) for "harassment", one being the cleaning guy. The cleaning guy was one to get in everybody's way but get mad when you had to avoid hitting him with a cart or pallet, and the other kid was known to make racial jokes but you couldnt make any jokes towards him. I'm beyond ****ed off.
I'm surprised they tell you who accused you of harassment, but shouldn't they have talked to you about it and given you an opportunity to defend yourself and improve before letting you go? I think I'd contest it...if it might come up in future job interviews, you don't want that on your record if they contact previous employers. Sorry you lost your job, but hopefully you can find something else.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I'm surprised they tell you who accused you of harassment, but shouldn't they have talked to you about it and given you an opportunity to defend yourself and improve before letting you go? I think I'd contest it...if it might come up in future job interviews, you don't want that on your record if they contact previous employers. Sorry you lost your job, but hopefully you can find something else.

They did let me defend myself, but it wasn't good enough.

MySmallWorldof4

Considering how bad the reviews and the previews were. I'm surprised people are lined to see that blatant cashgrab (more like a way to extend Disney's property IP beyond the usual )
Are you talking about the new film? Are the reviews not good? I hadn’t heard any. My younger girls think Simba looks really cute in the clips they had seen. I do find all these “live action” remakes a bit annoying. My guess is they are running out of imagination or as you say it is a cash grab. Personally I think it would be better to just re-release the original in the theaters.

MySmallWorldof4

In other news, yesterday was the first “big push” of moving the store. With 5 guys, from 10am to 6pm, making several trips, we moved about a third of the inventory, which was my ideal goal.

Today I’ll be resetting that inventory in the new location and moving some odds and ends.

Trying to leave the meat of the old store intact for the weekend. Then the next trucks will be Sunday evening and Monday. I think getting out by 7/31 is realistic.
First off, good luck with the water. Second, did you tell your current landlord you are moving?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom