The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Tony the Tigger

In other news, yesterday was the first “big push” of moving the store. With 5 guys, from 10am to 6pm, making several trips, we moved about a third of the inventory, which was my ideal goal.

Today I’ll be resetting that inventory in the new location and moving some odds and ends.

Trying to leave the meat of the old store intact for the weekend. Then the next trucks will be Sunday evening and Monday. I think getting out by 7/31 is realistic.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Except for socks I don't own any white clothing. I will go out on a limb here and say that I highly doubt that I have anything that can be titled delicate either. I haven't found anything yet that has colors that run. My socks still come out white and if they don't I will just toss them and go buy some new ones. I'm crazy like that.

That's a good idea, because then you don't have to buy Woolite, which is more expensive than regular detergent! ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Considering how bad the reviews and the previews were. I'm surprised people are lined to see that blatant cashgrab (more like a way to extend Disney's property IP beyond the usual )

Theater and movie critics make their money by being "critical". If I was @BuddyThomas , I'd go see this new play in a heartbeat!! P.S.: I haven't heard any negative reviews so far, but that's not to say that you haven't read any. As with any Disney-related show, there's always a lot of hype surrounding it, but Lion King has such a good story, great music and costumes -- I would think that it would definitely be worthwhile to go and enjoy. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In other news, yesterday was the first “big push” of moving the store. With 5 guys, from 10am to 6pm, making several trips, we moved about a third of the inventory, which was my ideal goal.

Today I’ll be resetting that inventory in the new location and moving some odds and ends.

Trying to leave the meat of the old store intact for the weekend. Then the next trucks will be Sunday evening and Monday. I think getting out by 7/31 is realistic.

Tony, I think you're hiding your twin brother. There's no way you could get so many things done (ALL the time!) as you consistently do, if you were just one person!! ;)

As for the water shut-off, you might need to bring a water jug home from the store for Kylie. 🐶

93boomer

Premium Member
So we figured out what was wrong with the clock. 1. The day and month was wrong. It had to happen during one of the storms when the power went off because it was correct before. 2. Daylight savings time auto turned on since the date said 11-03. That is the date we change this year. It changed the time back to 6 a.m. Therefore, an hour behind! Mystery solved!

Rista1313

So we figured out what was wrong with the clock. 1. The day and month was wrong. It had to happen during one of the storms when the power went off because it was correct before. 2. Daylight savings time auto turned on since the date said 11-03. That is the date we change this year. It changed the time back to 6 a.m. Therefore, an hour behind! Mystery solved!

I didn't know anything was wrong with the clock!

SteveBrickNJ

I am so excited that just 10 minutes ago I discovered this photo for the first time on my wife's Facebook page. I have her blessing to look at it anytime I want. This photo was taken by my sister in law's husband. It is a photo of myself, my wife in the orange top and my 17 year old daughter in the white top. We are returning from dinner at one of Singapore's mall food courts.20190718_082552.jpg

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

I am so excited that just 10 minutes ago I saw this photo for the first time on my wife's Facebook page. I have her blessing to look at it anytime I want. This photo was taken by my sister in law's husband. It is a photo of myself, my wife in the orange top and my 17 year old daughter in the white top. We are returning from dinner at one of Singapore's mall food courts.View attachment 390949
I can see why my wife chose it as the opening photo when people come to her Facebook page. It was an unstaged photo of family togetherness ;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
The curse of being short and, ahem, well endowed is that I have to wear camis under basically everything. Most of those are white. And then most of my wear-to-work blouses need to go on a delicate cycle. I just throw everything in on the delicate cycle. It just takes a bit more time to run. No reason I can't do them all together

I felt like I'd been living my whole life wrong the day I realized this.
and of course you put the camis in a lingerie bag for washing;)

Rista1313

My DH was an hour late to work yesterday due to the clock being off. 😉My rant early morning yesterday.

Oh I must have missed it! Sorry. yeah, up until a couple months ago, I had a clock that was on the old day light savings... so in the fall and spring I'd have to be so careful to pay attention around the time it was going to change... I finally bought a new one this year, but I don't love it..it's very confusing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom