The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

View attachment 391157

Every iteration i try to make things a little healthier. This is a new take on enchiladas,... A bed of salsa, then one layer of whole wheat tortillas, then zucchini and garbanzo beans and black beans, smothered in cheese and enchilada sauce. All organic, and the zucchini is free range 😂😂

This will make 8 work lunches for the freezer.

Free range...?
I wouldn’t touch it...you don’t know where that zucchini's been...!!! :D;)

Cesar R M

JSC was definitely packed when we got there early Friday afternoon.
But, we waited in line for the tram for only about 10 minutes to do the Mission Control Tour. They say the tour lasts about 1-1/2 hours, but, we were on it for about 1-3/4 hours, according to the time stamps on my iPhone pics. We went at a pretty leisurely pace, and were never rushed at all, especially in the Saturn V building. You took a tram there, and then got another tram for either the Mission Control Tour or the Space Training Tour. Then they take you back to the SV area and, if there is enough time before closing, you can take the other tour. All of this, plus all of the other exhibits, were included in the $29.95 (Emy was free ☺) admission price.
You can also have lunch with an astronaut for $69.95, and there is also the Level 9 VIP tour that lasts between 4 and 5 hours for $179.95. The price of admission is included in both.
I didn't see anything for $300 on their site, unless I missed it...?
I know their memberships can get pricey depending on what level you purchase...from $55 for an Individual Membership all the way up to $1,000 for a Patron Membership.
Also, they mention on there site that tours and such can change at any time, due to the fact that it is a working facility and the dynamic nature of such regarding ongoing operations.
Something like that may have affected your touring during your visit.
Hope you can return at some point and have a better experience....!!! :)
Anyway, our visit went really well, and we want to go back again in the not-to-distant future, due to the fact that we didn't have time to experience everything we wanted to. But, it was still a really amazing and awesome experience for us...!!!!! :happy:
It was kinda rushed for us. As for the Saturn V. in my case ....you could get dropped there and stay in the SATURN V building as much as you wanted, then take another tram back.

I seen the astronaut lunch as well. But it was way later.
And I think the level 8 vip tours are the important ones.
But the guide told me there was one tour that cost more than 300 USD and it let you get DOWN INSIDE (very limited number with 6+ months to reserve in advance) on the training center to check first hand all the equipment and lasts 5+ hours.

Cesar R M

Are you talking about the new film? Are the reviews not good? I hadn’t heard any. My younger girls think Simba looks really cute in the clips they had seen. I do find all these “live action” remakes a bit annoying. My guess is they are running out of imagination or as you say it is a cash grab. Personally I think it would be better to just re-release the original in the theaters.
Yep, I mean the new movie.
Main problem is.. every.. single.. clip I've seen .. the characters look super realistic but lack ANY KIND of expressions. Hell, even ASLAN from a movie that is 5+ years older , still had more expressive faces.

The Hakuna Matata song for example, was disturbingly flat with no camera angles to spice it up, no dive scene.. nothing..

Many have said this was just a tech test disguised as a movie. Also used to extend Disney's copyright properties as their expiration gets closer.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
What's the best time in spring to go to WDW if we decide to do a short trip? May? June? April has Easter, that's buys, right? March?

Preferrably a time that typically has room or package discounts...

Low crowds are a thing of the past, but usually May isn't too bad (obviously avoid Memorial Day weekend). There's also Flower & Garden Festival going on -- beautiful flowers and landscaping. Hotel prices are somewhat less after April (spring break crowds, etc.).

Goofyernmost

Work places can be strange. I've learned down through the years that the less said to others, the better. Wishing you well, and hoping that you can get another job that you'll be happier in.
My SIL had a mind set that he had to react every time someone looked at him funny. I can't tell you how many jobs he just quit because someone criticized him. He felt that it was unmanly to just let it go and adapted the thought the he would show them and just walk out. He once told me when we were golfing about how he had a lot of respect for a co-worker that told the boss off and threw his keys and whatever other company property he had on him and walked out. He had just done basically the same thing himself about a month previous to that encounter. It was, of course, my daughter that had to take up the slack and make sure that the bills were paid while he strutted around like a peacock so proud of his manly actions.

I couldn't help myself so I said, "you know your problem is that you idolize the wrong people. You respect someone that is impulsive and self centered and doesn't give a single damn about anyone except themselves. Me, I respect someone that recognizes his responsibilities to the people around him and sometimes toughs it out until they can find a good way to break from their situation". Honestly, he had just up and quit two very good paying jobs because his boss told him something he didn't want to hear. I know I had a number of crappy jobs in my lifetime and I grit my teeth and put up with garbage while I found something else. That is what I call a man, in the sense that he does. Those old thoughts are on the way out. We have run into a bit of a temporary set back to the 1800's, but, hopefully we will be out of there soon.

donaldtoo

OK gang, last round of JSC pics from last Friday...!!! :)

Both gift shops were packed...here is a general shot of the larger one...

ACBAD675-83C6-4AE3-9432-10A7BDB92CE0.jpeg

Some items in the shop...

E8765802-D4AA-4486-ACDF-1A29F8446DBA.jpegD963A251-4BAF-42FB-A7CE-73E84B9EED56.jpeg

A coupla’ more general shots of the exhibit area...

99BA4FE2-8D62-4874-A235-4CA1FBD34D8B.jpeg2B33CBE1-C1A6-4201-81D4-8CA75BCDD2DD.jpeg

Emy and her mommy on the surface of Mars...!!!!! :hilarious::inlove::happy:

5CAC7832-9748-4C3F-B7BC-F7D46394378D.jpeg

Getting ready to enter the shuttle flight deck...

1131AD36-C5EE-448B-BE71-9162E230D5A6.jpeg65A95084-31EC-4D92-9CD3-8966CC3B1A7F.jpeg

The cargo bay as seen from the flight deck...

32CDD142-A110-4DDE-8F10-73BE04BB742B.jpeg

And, the cockpit...

CBE20420-7916-4868-9CD8-4F3221B7660F.jpeg

That’s all for now from JSC, hope y’all enjoyed...!!! :geek:;):)

donaldtoo

And finally, some pics of the winery and cool toy/ice cream/candy store we visited on the Square in Georgetown, TX. just a few miles east and up I-35 from us...!!! :)

The winery...!!! :)

3EE22C42-270F-4979-BD34-16711BB681B6.jpeg3AAD6E14-121F-45B4-BDFF-C49BAE905CDF.jpeg9BBD6110-4894-45E2-A1BC-A8A1E7D968D6.jpeg6FA1BA44-D32E-48C7-BD72-2E27CB7C3C50.jpegE9DA7427-C19D-477A-9CAB-E510FC8CC9AA.jpeg

And, the toy/ice cream/candy store...!!! :)

E2B2805E-473A-44ED-9757-73E11AEE701E.jpeg92C7C76D-427E-4D77-8D69-FC18F18C899E.jpeg605AAEBD-21DF-44EC-835E-4C4A0A9E9AA5.jpeg937B2533-4C33-4F14-ADC2-74F333662518.jpeg6BA3A785-FA86-45D1-969F-0D8B08D0F04C.jpeg

I have some more of the toy store that I might post this weekend ;), because it was just so darn cool...!!! :)
Plus, we missed the guitar shop closing by about 5 minutes, and there are a bunch of other shops there that we intend on visiting soon...!!!!! :happy::)

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom