The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Yup. And part of their check in at Dulles is under renovation, so it was a total mess. It took 45 minutes just to check bags.
Back when I went to Europe, three+ years ago. I flew from Raleigh to Toronto and took an Icelandair (very nice airline, btw) to Iceland to make another Icelandair flight to Paris. When we arrived in Iceland the plane stopped, what seemed like a mile from the terminal. A few buses pulled up and transported us to a heavily under construction terminal. When inside the first stop was customs. There we met with a massive line because the security staff was on strike so it was just management processing everyone. Iceland is part of EU so that was the only custom stop until we got back to Fort Lauderdale a month later. Originally we had a very short window to catch that flight to Paris and my sister was flying in from NY where we would meet up in Iceland and travel together from there on. I am not a panic type of person, but, I honestly didn't know what to do if we got separated, she had all the reservation and prepaid information.

Long story, at least, short(er) Icelandair had to delay the departure until all the transferring passengers where through customs and ready to board. We still arrived in Paris at the scheduled time. Must have kicked the plane into passing gear.

MySmallWorldof4

Back when I went to Europe, three+ years ago. I flew from Raleigh to Toronto and took an Icelandair (very nice airline, btw) to Iceland to make another Icelandair flight to Paris. When we arrived in Iceland the plane stopped, what seemed like a mile from the terminal. A few buses pulled up and transported us to a heavily under construction terminal. When inside the first stop was customs. There we met with a massive line because the security staff was on strike so it was just management processing everyone. Iceland is part of EU so that was the only custom stop until we got back to Fort Lauderdale a month later. Originally we had a very short window to catch that flight to Paris and my sister was flying in from NY where we would meet up in Iceland and travel together from there on. I am not a panic type of person, but, I honestly didn't know what to do if we got separated, she had all the reservation and prepaid information.

Long story, at least, short(er) Icelandair had to delay the departure until all the transferring passengers where through customs and ready to board. We still arrived in Paris at the scheduled time. Must have kicked the plane into passing gear.
Flying from Raleigh to Toronto to Iceland? Seems a little odd. Wouldn’t a better route have been from Raleigh to NY? Or maybe that way was cheaper?

MySmallWorldof4

And just a couple more pictures, including our walk in the sculpture garden and my snack from Cossetta (an Italian eatery/bakery & grocery store in St. Paul). It was a hazelnut chocolate mousse cake.

View attachment 381702

View attachment 381703

View attachment 381704

View attachment 381705

View attachment 381707

View attachment 381708

View attachment 381709

View attachment 381710

View attachment 381711
That arboretum is so pretty and that cake looks decadent!

Cesar R M

wdwfan4ver

I've been at Disney for 3 hurricanes, last one was Irma when WDW closed for 2 days but it was in the middle of the trip. It didn't ruin anything for us as guests. We were able to more in the parks before and after. Enjoyed the Wilderness Lodge for 2 days eating some wonderful meals and playing with all the Pups. Day three and we were back into the empty parks. It ruined nothing for us as guests, unfortunately for all the CMs that live in the area the outcome was not the same for all.
I was at WDW as when Hurricane Andrew Happened. It did not affect the park a lot except for rain. I know Disney back in 1992 was preparing for Hurricane Andrew based how the cased members were telling the guests at the time.

I remembered one my my airplane flights leaving Orlando to Wisconsin was delayed a day due to tropical storm back in the 2000s. French Quarter stay was extended by one day and was able to go to the Magic Kingdom that delayed day. It rained a lot, but MK was open although not busy I were my poncho. Glad I had travel insurance.

My trip to WDW back in 2017 was completed just a couple days Irma hit central Florida. I witnessed stuff at the airport that I didn't see before as result since there were guests cutting there trip to Florida short. My night airplane flight to Wisconsin was completely full with guests leaving early. I know the flight I took was late getting off due to adding luggage on plane was late due to amount of guests ordering flight tickets at the last second.

The Orlando Airport was dog central also with my allergies acting up despite the allergy shots. There were dogs not in carriers in the airport or the plane I was on.

12in12

@RedNoseMickey Vlad to hear your mom is doing better and in better spirits. Is Bali a popular place for people from the Netherlands to vacation at? It isn’t a place I hear brought up often in the states.
It's fairly popular, the Dutch have a long history with Indonesia. My family especially like it because it's easy for my brother in Australia to meet us there. We also like the people on Bali and the food.

12in12

And just a couple more pictures, including our walk in the sculpture garden and my snack from Cossetta (an Italian eatery/bakery & grocery store in St. Paul). It was a hazelnut chocolate mousse cake.

View attachment 381702

View attachment 381703

View attachment 381704

View attachment 381705

View attachment 381707

View attachment 381708

View attachment 381709

View attachment 381710

View attachment 381711
Wow those flowers are beautiful, thanks for sharing them with us.
Your chocolate cake looks so good and is making me hungry.:hungry:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
unfortunate how everything is getting concentrated in a handful of mega corporations.
No surprise what they said how 100 companies and a handful of ultra rich investors control almost everything in every country.

Basically how the majority of business expand and have for several hundred years. Very few do not heirs that don't eventually sell off a successful smaller business and business model to someone else that can develop it further. We would not have firms like MacDonald worldwide or Ben & Jerry's ice cream readily available all over the country if this didn't happen. While McDonalds did start as a car hop restaurant it wasn't burgers and fries like McDonalds. It was Ray Kroc from Chicago that approached the brothers also with a different meat and Ray started to franchise these in Chicago suburbs.

But the one I love is Garrett Gee. He took a QR code and developed it into an app called Scan with a friend. He received $50 million, $30 in cash and $20 million in equity in Snapchat. So by selling it off he, his wife and 3 kids are now known as the Bucketlist Family. They have traveled the world with their very young family cause he sold what her successfully created. Instead they sold their home and traveled the world. (now baby 3 and they have been state side more.) But how cool to have created an app that you scan QR with your phone and immediately have a wealth of information. Me I don't blame him for selling it to Snapchat.
th

Here is the Bucketlist family on their 30 day stay in WDW staying at all the different resorts and DVC. We were in WDW for 2 of their 4 weeks and they too experienced Hurricane Irma, Disney moved them to the Contemporary for those days.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ily-embarks-on-30-stays-in-30-days-challenge/
The Mom's blog is an interesting read.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom