The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

I love how Uni can keep to their projected time tables for launching. So disappointed that Mickey's run away Mine Train is almost a year behind in an existing building. :( Wonder if they have even started or just gutted the attraction and walked over to Star Wars to construct. Disney has changed the projected opening season multiple times and now a year off...sadness. I look forward to Run away more than Star Wars.
I am disappointed that the Runaway Railroad is so behind schedule. I was hoping we would have been able to go on it this trip.

MySmallWorldof4

You and me, both. DH and DS love Star Wars, but they aren't nutso over the idea of the Star Wars land. They both want to go at some point, but know that going when it first opens would be pointless. But I'm not at all surprised by them pushing back openings for stuff...they did that with Rivers of Light. It was supposed to open in "spring 2016" and then they gave a date of like...March 17th, and then pushed it back to April, and then June, and we were there in July and it still wasn't open. I think it opened the following April maybe? It was more than a year late. And there's speculation that the reason they are opening the one ride in Star Wars Land early is because they can't have the whole thing ready on time, and didn't want to admit it, so they threw everything they had into one half to get that ready so they can say "See? We opened early!" but then the other half won't open until next year. Who knows? But you can pretty much count on things opening late at Disney.
I also heard that they want to compete with the new Hagrid coaster and needed something to draw in guests, like they needed to. I wasn’t able to get fp’s for SDD and I tried on our 60 day mark. Would rather have seen Mickey open sooner.

MySmallWorldof4

Here is something that I think you will LOVE. :inlove: It's a walk back to 1962 . . .

A few days ago, I was blown away by how the old TWA terminal at JFK was converted into a hotel -- all retro with TWA accents, and some legit original features like the authentically restored TWA flight board in the "sunken" lounge. Wait until you see some of the amazing (preserved) features that the owner/designers highlighted in this masterpiece. By the way, many people were looking forward to staying here -- it was sold out on Day One!!

Time magazine put a (3 minute) awesome video together here (after the obligatory 1-minute commercial by another airline -- LOL ... talk about product placement? :p ) I clicked on it full screen and it was amazing--everything from the history to the recreation.

http://time.com/5589561/twa-hotel-jfk/
That was a really cool video. I flew from that airport and terminal as a kid. I got TWA wings once as a kid. Wish I would have kept them.

MySmallWorldof4

Thanks for all the wedding well wishes! It was a good day albeit a strange one. We had no input into planning (nor did they ask for any money). And they definitely did it their way! Me being the stepmom definitely felt like the odd man out, but it’s just one day and I can suck it up buttercup! Here a few pictures.

View attachment 373352
View attachment 373353
Congratulations to them! Sometimes it is better to have no input. You can just enjoy.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I came back home from 90 to 50 degree weather :(

Last Illuminations for me :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Well, 90 is way too hot.

Sorry about your last time seeing Illuminations.

Other than the above, I hope you had a good trip. We didn't hear too much from you when you were there, so feel free to pass along any updates, at your convenience. I'm always interested in other people's reactions to what they experience there.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I couldn’t even take any pictures from the Seuss Trolley so maybe it is a copyright thing? Or they don’t possibly want people dropping phones on guests down below. They had plenty of sweatshirts. They were all really nice. Oldest got a Hufflepuff embroidered sweatshirt. It is so soft. I totally think you are Ravenclaw.
No pics on trolley:( Put your kids in 373930

donaldtoo

Oh, and no pic of Emy’s church outfit today (I knew I shoulda’ took one right after mass). :(;) The kiddos had to split pretty quick to meet up with some friends, so oldest DD said she would send one later...but then, yep guessed it, there was another diaper blowout, so that outfit was kaput for the day...!!!!! :hilarious:;)
It has since been laundered, so oldest DD said she would put her back in it tomorrow and send a pic...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:;):)
I’m such a silly ol’ Pappy...!!!!! :hilarious::D;):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom