The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Definitely love the mid-century modern vibe goin’ on with this resort...!!!!! :inlove:

It reminds me of the El Tropicano hotel in San Antonio that DWifey and I spent our 27th anniversary at that I’ve posted pics of before...

View attachment 373239View attachment 373240View attachment 373241View attachment 373242View attachment 373243View attachment 373244View attachment 373245View attachment 373246View attachment 373247View attachment 373248

Hope y’all are havin’ an awesome time...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::)
It is a very beautiful style indeed.

MySmallWorldof4

Glad you made it there safely! Take it slow today and rest some!😉
After going to both Islands of Adventure and Studios we ate at Margarittaville. So good! A tad expensive, but typical for a themed restaurant. We did get an AP discount. We did end up purchasing AP’s. The price was really good for blockout date ones that are irrelevant to us. Dh got a pass where we get discounts on food and merchandise. We didn’t do too many rides. Trying to get a feel for this place. We did do Forbidden Journey, Flight of the Hippogrif, and Hogwart’s Express. Tried a sip of butterbeer and we all preferred frozen. After lunch we took a nap and then went to Volcano Bay. There are 2 lazy rivers. One is super wild and everyone needs a lifevest. One wave pushed youngest near a wall and water went over her head. I grabbed her and got her over, but she was done with that. Not for her. We did a fun family ride and hung out in the wave pool. After dinner half of us crashed in the room and the other half explored. I was part of the other half. Here are more pics of the day.
B68455D6-60A8-46B9-A52A-4F101229499D.jpeg17E8CB2A-9960-47CF-93BC-11CFCEDC80E5.jpeg77B3566E-33B0-46C7-9E40-B3A97BE2C182.jpeg8D4B91C5-201D-42CA-A9D7-6980C83BD27A.jpegE369380D-3BE8-4212-ADD8-90CF08FA51F9.jpeg29BEF45D-CC5A-4CCE-A543-5CB67D0F31CC.jpegDEB9E1D4-4F41-4EA4-B04F-48AA2F68FCDC.jpeg09D84CA4-AE8A-43B0-AFC5-21900D25609C.jpeg8A75FEA5-23B2-4EBB-B804-33DB2869A112.jpeg9E8BE96B-381A-4CC2-ABE5-9ACF1F7D9BDC.jpeg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I heard they have started testing the Hagrid's forbidden forest attraction and letting people randomly ride.. is that true?

I love how Uni can keep to their projected time tables for launching. So disappointed that Mickey's run away Mine Train is almost a year behind in an existing building. :( Wonder if they have even started or just gutted the attraction and walked over to Star Wars to construct. Disney has changed the projected opening season multiple times and now a year off...sadness. I look forward to Run away more than Star Wars.

Songbird76

I have that I solemnly swear t-shirt! (I know, you're shocked, aren't you?) Did you by chance see house hoodies? I have an awesome blue Ravenclaw hoodie, but it is fraying at the edges, coming apart at the seams...it's in poor shape, so I want to replace it this summer when we are there. I hope they still have them!!!

About the lazy rivers...can you tell which one is wild before you get up to it? That would completely freak DS out. We had problems with the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon last time, or maybe it was Blizzard Beach....one of the waterparks anyway, and he was freaking out in that and it's not at all wild. I would prefer to keep him away from a rough version!!

Songbird76

I love how Uni can keep to their projected time tables for launching. So disappointed that Mickey's run away Mine Train is almost a year behind in an existing building. :( Wonder if they have even started or just gutted the attraction and walked over to Star Wars to construct. Disney has changed the projected opening season multiple times and now a year off...sadness. I look forward to Run away more than Star Wars.
You and me, both. DH and DS love Star Wars, but they aren't nutso over the idea of the Star Wars land. They both want to go at some point, but know that going when it first opens would be pointless. But I'm not at all surprised by them pushing back openings for stuff...they did that with Rivers of Light. It was supposed to open in "spring 2016" and then they gave a date of like...March 17th, and then pushed it back to April, and then June, and we were there in July and it still wasn't open. I think it opened the following April maybe? It was more than a year late. And there's speculation that the reason they are opening the one ride in Star Wars Land early is because they can't have the whole thing ready on time, and didn't want to admit it, so they threw everything they had into one half to get that ready so they can say "See? We opened early!" but then the other half won't open until next year. Who knows? But you can pretty much count on things opening late at Disney.

12in12

I wanted to quickly check in, unfortunately I haven't had time to read all the post but will try to catch up at a later date.
My mum fell last week while going to the store, got up walked for a few minutes more and then fainted.
She regained consciousness in the ambulance, luckily she only broke her arm and is bruised all over.
I struggle with seeing my mom hurt and bruised, it's also made her feel even more insecure and a bit depressed so in total it hasn't been great. I'm back at work in London but took Friday off to go back home.
I hope everyone else is doing well.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I wanted to quickly check in, unfortunately I haven't had time to read all the post but will try to catch up at a later date.
My mum fell last week while going to the store, got up walked for a few minutes more and then fainted.
She regained consciousness in the ambulance, luckily she only broke her arm and is bruised all over.
I struggle with seeing my mom hurt and bruised, it's also made her feel even more insecure and a bit depressed so in total it hasn't been great. I'm back at work in London but took Friday off to go back home.
Hope your mum heals up quickly.

Songbird76

Oh no!! Do they know why she fainted? I hope she's recovered! Do you have to be back at work Monday?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom