• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Yay!! Thank you! I'm so getting one this summer! Now to decide if I want another ravenclaw one, or if I want to go with a black Hogwarts one, non-house specific. My supervisor at work made a comment about me wearing the wrong sweatshirt because he didn't think I was a Ravenclaw. (um....ouch) I also want to get one at Disney so I can switch them out when one is in the laundry, but I don't know what kind to get at Disney. SO MANY CHOICES!!

Love your pictures! Is it a safety thing that you can't take any from the ride? Or is that more a copyright/trademark thing?
I couldn’t even take any pictures from the Seuss Trolley so maybe it is a copyright thing? Or they don’t possibly want people dropping phones on guests down below. They had plenty of sweatshirts. They were all really nice. Oldest got a Hufflepuff embroidered sweatshirt. It is so soft. I totally think you are Ravenclaw.

Goofyernmost

Advertisement
My concern with Mickey and Minnie's Run Away railway before delayed so long is the crowds at DHS when Star Wars: Galaxies Edge first opens. I feel DHS does not have enough to handle the crowds when Star Wars: Galaxies Edge first open right now. I don't think Mickey and Minnie's Run Away Railway would fix that problem, but it would give more options for guests to go on at DHS.
It would help, but, I don't think that it is going to be that much difference. It is my feeling that the biggest crush is going to be from SW fans that came specifically to see SWL. Since they aren't issuing any Fastpasses initially it is my feeling that no one is going to leave the line once they are in it. If they left the line to see MMRR they would lose their place in the line. Not going to happen. The crowd will be horrendous, however, the extra crowd that came to see SW exclusively, are going to stay put until they get through the line. No other attraction is going to pull them away until they have seen that one at least 5 times. These are very patient** people.
In this case the word patient is defined as insane. 🥴

MySmallWorldof4

That was amazing!! (Love the soundtrack in the background--perfect accompaniment to the vintage vehicles.) I was going to ask about the ownership, but 93boomer already did. Surprised to hear that these cars, etc., are all garaged on the island--I had just assumed that some of these may have been located off-site, and perhaps shipped in for this event.

As well, I was very surprised by the number of vehicles that turned out for this parade-- wow! What a cool event you get to experience on your island!!! :cool::joyfull:
Need to watch this later. On line for Gringott’s.

93boomer

That was amazing!! (Love the soundtrack in the background--perfect accompaniment to the vintage vehicles.) I was going to ask about the ownership, but 93boomer already did. Surprised to hear that these cars, etc., are all garaged on the island--I had just assumed that some of these may have been located off-site, and perhaps shipped in for this event.

As well, I was very surprised by the number of vehicles that turned out for this parade-- wow! What a cool event you get to experience on your island!!! :cool::joyfull:
Great minds... 😉

Mr Ferret 88

instagram mrferret888
Premium Member

There were more than normal as it was the classic car clubs 50th. Might see more military vehicles next year as it is the 75th anniversary of the islands liberation from the Germans.

21stamps

If I didn't know better, I'd swear your kid was on speed?! ;) That was quite a day for the young athlete--he must have been exhausted.
It was a crazy day, but we did have time in between the games.. full 3.5 hours between the soccer games, we all went to Frisch’s restaurant, had the salad bar and enjoyed the AC.lol.

Volleyball was the end of season tourney, we got knocked out yesterday in the 3rd game. Volleyball season is officially over now. So we’re down to 2 sports!!

Had an 8am soccer game today, also knocked out of that tourney. :( I think many of the boys were too exhausted, they didn’t play well this morning. They played great yesterday.

We’re at Starbucks now then heading home to get ready for a 1pm baseball game. Hoping it doesn’t get rained out!!!
Big game, T is playing against his own school. 😂

MySmallWorldof4

I love how Uni can keep to their projected time tables for launching. So disappointed that Mickey's run away Mine Train is almost a year behind in an existing building. :( Wonder if they have even started or just gutted the attraction and walked over to Star Wars to construct. Disney has changed the projected opening season multiple times and now a year off...sadness. I look forward to Run away more than Star Wars.
I am disappointed that the Runaway Railroad is so behind schedule. I was hoping we would have been able to go on it this trip.

MySmallWorldof4

You and me, both. DH and DS love Star Wars, but they aren't nutso over the idea of the Star Wars land. They both want to go at some point, but know that going when it first opens would be pointless. But I'm not at all surprised by them pushing back openings for stuff...they did that with Rivers of Light. It was supposed to open in "spring 2016" and then they gave a date of like...March 17th, and then pushed it back to April, and then June, and we were there in July and it still wasn't open. I think it opened the following April maybe? It was more than a year late. And there's speculation that the reason they are opening the one ride in Star Wars Land early is because they can't have the whole thing ready on time, and didn't want to admit it, so they threw everything they had into one half to get that ready so they can say "See? We opened early!" but then the other half won't open until next year. Who knows? But you can pretty much count on things opening late at Disney.
I also heard that they want to compete with the new Hagrid coaster and needed something to draw in guests, like they needed to. I wasn’t able to get fp’s for SDD and I tried on our 60 day mark. Would rather have seen Mickey open sooner.

Top Bottom