The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Nice FP catch for FoP! That one is worth it!
Thanks. My DD is good at it. At 60 days she only books one but often dumps it the day of to get better ones. She got FOP For yesterday afternoon.

The 2 she has the most problems with are Slinky which she did get And the Mine Train There is an AP hard invite event tonight so we will ride it then.

MySmallWorldof4

Recently, I saw the DVD of Mary Poppins (Emily Blunt). So this remake was pleasant, but I honestly thought it lacked the heart and soul of the original.

I think Julie Andrews just had this innate "sparkle" that shone through, even when she'd state the rules to the children to be obedient. She was effective in getting her point across, but always in a quite charming way (both to children and adults).

Emily Blunt played the role a bit less warmly. (This may have been what the director wanted, to give the remake a slightly different spin, and not a carbon copy of the original.) Loved the costume design.

Overall: Mary Poppins (original) - 100%
Remake of Mary Poppins - 75%
I agree with you.

MySmallWorldof4

So this morning was busy. I taught 4 classes that started at 6:30. Then I needed to use the Cricut to print iron ons that my family wanted for shirts. I needed to return the awesome machine back today. :( Then I needed to remember to eat, made bean burgers, went over the shirts again and reprinted a P and ironed it over the another one because I noticed it was messed up. Had to re-iron a couple of shirts where the iron on came loose. I packaged all the shirts up and was out of the house by 12 to get dd to practice. Whew.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Saw more animals than yesterday. 4 baby giraffes all laying down. Baby elephant romping around everywhere. One of the lionesses playing peek a boo.

But the BEST was a big ole rhino chasing 3 ostriches out of HIS area he cased them for a good block in a circle. There feathers were ruffled and their running form bizarre. Guide warned us if the came by us to squish to middle. Made my day.

F90F48FA-BD92-48A9-A38E-8D0A7CA2ACF5.jpeg

558096AE-8AD5-417E-8053-4FAB78E6B05E.jpeg

E5E0BB70-1B26-4A77-8E93-DDB595473568.jpeg

831BE6D8-8A43-4491-B41A-48DCB8D7D3FE.jpeg

F7F6D94B-8DD8-4E6C-BD87-2A62E5EE2451.jpeg

Rista1313

She intentionally played it cold because the original books portrayed MP as much more harsh then Julie A. had been directed to do. But, really that is pretty much all Julie has been known for and it would not have established her career image in the way that it did. I'm still at a middle of the road outlook. I loved both for what they were. I found some of the music far more emotionally moving in MP2 and even when listened to more then once even more catchy then the original. The difference was, back in the 60's the radio played some of the sound track which made it more memorable.

To me nothing compares with "The place where lost things go" when in context with the story is one of the few things that made my eyes water just a tad and "A cover is not the book" to be as catchy as "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious " was in the original. I give both MP1 and MP2, 100%. I am one that also accepts that Julie Andrews made the right choice to not be in it because there is already enough comparing the two of them without her being there to remind people to judge. That said, I cannot tell you how happy I am that they got D ick Van D yke to recreate his banker persona. The man was 92 when they filmed it and he was still able to dance. What a joy for people my age to see.

I agree, I like both, and I did like the music very much in the sequel!

donaldtoo

Those berries look so delicious! It looks like it was such an amazing weekend. Love the togetherness of your family. :inlove:

They were very delicious all by themselves, but, we were jokin’ that next time we need to bring bottles of chocolate and caramel sauce along...!!!!! :hilarious::hungry:;):)

And, thank you!!!
An amazing weekend, indeed...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
It’s not always wine and roses with us...never has been, never will be...but, we do try...!!!!! :inlove::happy::)

Gonna’ head over to mom and pops about 4:30-ish for some more of DWifeys birthday celebration. Nothing big, just some grilled hot dogs and cake. But, more family time...!!! :)
Not spending enough time with family will definitely NOT be something I will be bemoaning on my death bed...!!!!! :hilarious:;):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom