The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Love the dress! Hey, what happened to the donut hat? Has she "moved on" in her style? :p

By the way, Dwifey is having quite the birthday weekend! I love how the festivities spread out into days of fun for her. :joyfull:

Thanks, Minnie!!! :)

As I posted before, I think Emy’s tired of the powdered/vanilla icing donut hats...she needs more flavors...!!!!! :hilarious:

And, DWifey well deserves it all, as she’s put up with me for all these 31+ years...!!!!!!! :joyfull:;):)

Songbird76

Nice to see you @dryerlintfan !

Today was the last day to go visit the lamb we adopted, so we headed there. We found the one DS had picked out (they all have number tags on their ears), but he did not want to be touched. DS was getting so frustrated...he really wanted to pet him, but every time he got close, the lamb ran away. DS did catch up once, and as soon as he touched it, it jumped and ran. DH said he must have done a great job picking, because he found the lamb that is most like him....he must have Autism and doesn't like to be touched. So he made do with petting others.
58805599_288484312062060_957518810674364416_n.jpg58443258_1671488232995365_5142738752979861504_n.jpg

Then we went to my in-laws' house for dinner, and we had brought some chicken for DD and me, some hotdogs for DS, and DH was going to eat stampot with his parents. All DD and I had to do was heat up the chicken in the magnetron, and heat up the fryer for some curly fries, so we had started all the other things first since ours would only take a few minutes. Just as my MIL was done with the stampot and DS's stuff was almost ready, the power went out. DS's stuff just needed to be warmed, so that was fine, but we hadn't gotten to start ours. The neighbors all had electricity, and we checked the breakers and all of them were fine. So we called the power company....it could take a couple of hours. So we just decided everyone should go ahead and eat except DD and I, and we'd have to wait until either the power came back on, or we went home. The guys came to fix it just as we were loading the car to go home. :rolleyes: Oh well....at least everyone else got to eat and we got to spend time with them. But talk about bad timing.

Then we came home and DD and I watched the finale of The Voice Kids and were disappointed because the kid who we have been fastforwarding through all his performances because we can't stand his voice, won. We are at a loss to figure out why. I think it must be because he was only 10 and people felt bad for him competing against a bunch of 14 year olds? Oh well.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Review. It was cute. It is meant for small children just like the previous Disney Jr. Dance. Helpful that kids have seen Cars or they’ll be a little lost.

Basically a one and done for adults. Time well spent it has great A/C.
A473828D-E0D4-4ED6-B2FE-4DCD69352BAE.jpeg

90C6F6D6-35D1-4CBA-8A0B-6535B04BCF68.jpeg

2A537332-44BC-4CD8-9A61-47C399ADB9E8.jpeg

C5D45D17-2862-452D-A0F6-E4F31F8188EC.jpeg120EF284-E206-4741-98A2-774651FC9F9F.jpeg

299A71AA-D0A1-49D8-A67F-F09370BE4F21.jpeg

3FD1FF74-FB01-42CA-B728-17054B3BBC27.jpeg

4CCDBFCF-D92D-45E2-B67B-94A2B1E8C3C1.jpeg

Attachments

• 355591DF-C959-42F6-8B77-6EC994A80634.jpeg
    355591DF-C959-42F6-8B77-6EC994A80634.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 0

MySmallWorldof4

Yay!! That's awesome! Do they break it up into smaller competition rounds where the top team or two from each grouping goes on to round two?
No. This is done by age group and level. Dd’s team is a level 1 mini. They only compete against other level 1 minis. At US Finals the teams will get ranked after awards from all US Finals around the country. So they may place a certain number at one US Final, but after all the competitions are done they will get ranked nationally. Another panel of judges gets all the videos and scores them and then gives them a national rank. With 22 teams of level one minis just at VA Beach, it will be a tough competition. But getting first yesterday should at least give them confidence. They had a good practice today. They have one more on Wednesday and that is it until Saturday’s final competition of the season. Cannot believe it is almost over. Aside from annoying parents, it was a great season for the kids.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Nice to see you @dryerlintfan !

Today was the last day to go visit the lamb we adopted, so we headed there. We found the one DS had picked out (they all have number tags on their ears), but he did not want to be touched. DS was getting so frustrated...he really wanted to pet him, but every time he got close, the lamb ran away. DS did catch up once, and as soon as he touched it, it jumped and ran. DH said he must have done a great job picking, because he found the lamb that is most like him....he must have Autism and doesn't like to be touched. So he made do with petting others.
View attachment 367978View attachment 367979

Then we went to my in-laws' house for dinner, and we had brought some chicken for DD and me, some hotdogs for DS, and DH was going to eat stampot with his parents. All DD and I had to do was heat up the chicken in the magnetron, and heat up the fryer for some curly fries, so we had started all the other things first since ours would only take a few minutes. Just as my MIL was done with the stampot and DS's stuff was almost ready, the power went out. DS's stuff just needed to be warmed, so that was fine, but we hadn't gotten to start ours. The neighbors all had electricity, and we checked the breakers and all of them were fine. So we called the power company....it could take a couple of hours. So we just decided everyone should go ahead and eat except DD and I, and we'd have to wait until either the power came back on, or we went home. The guys came to fix it just as we were loading the car to go home. :rolleyes: Oh well....at least everyone else got to eat and we got to spend time with them. But talk about bad timing.

Then we came home and DD and I watched the finale of The Voice Kids and were disappointed because the kid who we have been fastforwarding through all his performances because we can't stand his voice, won. We are at a loss to figure out why. I think it must be because he was only 10 and people felt bad for him competing against a bunch of 14 year olds? Oh well.

Too bad the lamb didn't want to be pet, but at least others did. I had to look up what stampot was, the mashed potato part sounds okay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom