The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And Julie (our fave bartender) is opening at Tune-In tomorrow. So we can go over there for the no-sugar added cheesecake for dessert before B has to head back. (Slinky Dog what?) So no cake ordering at Brown Derby (it was like a $75 minimum for sugar free.)

I really like Julie. Storytime. My DD had just graduated from U of I in December and she and I took a trip to WDW to Celebrate her accomplishment, (who wouldn't be proud right?) in March/April that year. DD still looks like she is about 15 years old and is in mid 20's. She is just under 100# which adds to the youthful look. We sat at the bar and ordered Dad's Electric Lemonade. Of course Julie carded her, then made the cocktails. We both watched as Julie made DD's substantially 'lighter' than mine. We both agreed Good Call Julie!!! Back in the fall we all got Margaritas from LaCava, DD drank maybe 1/3, wanted to go boom.

@Gabe1 posted so many good looking pics of things I missed at the Epcot booths, I think I have to head back there for the second half of the day.

Thank you. 💓 It was fun to have met you and B.

I have yet to finish that report. Hope I will. Haven't finished November-Mickey's Birthday nor Decembers Christmas Party report either. Hope I will. :geek:

and https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...competing-holiday-trip-reports-in-one.951821/

I best try and finish before Flower and Garden right?

Getting a little chilly again, though! I had gotten used to my normal warmth levels in SoFla. Have to go walk the mongrel in 52 degrees in a few.

Tomorrow is looking 75 and sunny in Kissimmee!

That was our Figment Magnet trip, cold. Knit hat and NorthFace coat cold. Last few days were better but also not a Frozen Tundra of -30 back home. But Still.....

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I know Scott (not friends, just casual acquaintances), and if it helps, he’s a really, really nice person.

Scott is one of the biggest crushes of my life.

Go figure. I love him as an actor, crushes not so much.

My crush

1_29.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Kylie is getting the Minnie :jawdrop: red collar with little red bow (she's not usually so feminine!) I'll pick it up at one of the parks.

And Julie (our fave bartender) is opening at Tune-In tomorrow. So we can go over there for the no-sugar added cheesecake for dessert before B has to head back. (Slinky Dog what?) So no cake ordering at Brown Derby (it was like a $75 minimum for sugar free.)

@Gabe1 posted so many good looking pics of things I missed at the Epcot booths, I think I have to head back there for the second half of the day.

Getting a little chilly again, though! I had gotten used to my normal warmth levels in SoFla. Have to go walk the mongrel in 52 degrees in a few.

Tomorrow is looking 75 and sunny in Kissimmee!

Happy Valentines Day to you, Brad, and Kylie! :) 🐶

(P.S.: $75 minimum to order a sugar free cake at the Brown Derby? Yikes!)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep, home prices are just insane out there these days!!!!! o_O
But, it cracks me up to think that our middle class family once lived in what is now, essentially, a million dollar home...!!!!! :hilarious:

I recall a conversation I had with my father a long time ago. He told me that they paid $15,000 for the family's house (around mid-1950s). That basic American family home had full front and back yards, a two-car garage, a basement through attic, 2 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms on the 2nd floor, a livingroom, dining room, and kitchen.

Yup, $15,000 . . . and only he had a regular, full-time job. My mother stayed home and raised the 4 children.

Amazing, isn't it? 🤦

Tony the Tigger

I recall a conversation I had with my father a long time ago. He told me that they paid $15,000 for the family's house (around mid-1950s). That basic American family home had full front and back yards, a two-car garage, a basement through attic, 2 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms on the 2nd floor, a livingroom, dining room, and kitchen.

Yup, $15,000 . . . and only he had a regular, full-time job. My mother stayed home and raised the 4 children.

Amazing, isn't it? 🤦

And for what people pay for a decent car, they could have bought my Mom’s house in the 70’s!

Tony the Tigger

Had to upgrade just to be able to post! Kept getting that Amazon free gift pop up over and over.

Already walked the dog in 42° in the dark this morning, back to the room to get changed for the gym, realized I had to clean my sneakers off thanks to someone else’s dog.

At the hotel gym now then free breakfast LOL. Quick stop at Publix – Brian or Brad will need some sugar-free ice cream for tonight. Then quick shower and take Kylie to Best friends pet care.

B should arrive at HS by noon. I’m already tired!

Goofyernmost

If you were in the same area and you were dating her, you for sure would have her address. You would need it to pick her up for your dates. What a weird thing to withhold.
Remember that they don't know who this guy is. It's a cyber romance. To them it could be a 50 year old pervert trying to get her address. I feel for him, but, really I salute her parents for being protective. I would have done the same thing.

Tony the Tigger

I really like Julie. Storytime. My DD had just graduated from U of I in December and she and I took a trip to WDW to Celebrate her accomplishment, (who wouldn't be proud right?) in March/April that year. DD still looks like she is about 15 years old and is in mid 20's. She is just under 100# which adds to the youthful look. We sat at the bar and ordered Dad's Electric Lemonade. Of course Julie carded her, then made the cocktails. We both watched as Julie made DD's substantially 'lighter' than mine. We both agreed Good Call Julie!!! Back in the fall we all got Margaritas from LaCava, DD drank maybe 1/3, wanted to go boom.

Thank you. 💓 It was fun to have met you and B.

I have yet to finish that report. Hope I will. Haven't finished November-Mickey's Birthday nor Decembers Christmas Party report either. Hope I will. :geek:

and https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...competing-holiday-trip-reports-in-one.951821/

I best try and finish before Flower and Garden right?

That was our Figment Magnet trip, cold. Knit hat and NorthFace coat cold. Last few days were better but also not a Frozen Tundra of -30 back home. But Still.....

I have an abandoned trip report out there somewhere, keep thinking I’m going to pick it up, but it seems like so much work LOL. We’ve been three times already I think since then.

But I have to do it so I can delete the pics off my phone LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom