The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

BuddyThomas

I can't stand Scott Bakula. Not sure why, but I find Enterprise unwatchable because of it. I don't watch NCIS New Orleans for the same reason, in spite of watching Los Angeles (used to watch NCIS, gave it up after they botched Tony and Ziva and brought in the awful new girl).
I know Scott (not friends, just casual acquaintances), and if it helps, he’s a really, really nice person.

BuddyThomas

Well folks, 2019 has been off to a very strange start in the Buddy/Philmonster household. So far:

Philmonster had to get a tooth pulled.

I was having funky chest pains from hell for weeks and thought I was about to drop dead - went to the doctor who sent me to a cardiologist and had every test known to mankind done, including a stress test, and the results are........I am apparently completely insane because I came back in perfect health. Doc says maybe I strained something at the gym or maybe I’m carryin “stress in my chest”. Huh?????? Anyway, I live to see another day. Great, but then:

My company was bought by a larger company and all employees were warned that our jobs might be eliminated. Talk about “stress in the chest”, lol. So I was sure I was getting the boot. I’m not exactly a spring chicken anymore and my salary is just about at the level that they might want to cut to save money. That’s happened to me before.

Well, today was the day. The new management was in the office conference room and throughout the day, they called various employees in, and many were in tears when they came out. We started calling it the Room of Doom. It was like Survivor. Everyone was sitting at their desks in complete panic wondering if the Angel of Corporate Death was going to call them in.

After about 2PM, I still had not been called in, and I thought I was off the hook and was starting to breathe sighs of relief, when at that very moment, I was called into the Room of Doom.

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I was certain that I was going to be let go and then after 20+ years of agenting, I’d be applying for a waiter position at the Red Lobster.

But........

They told me that they were giving me a small raise, annnnnnnnd, they were promoting me to Vice President of my division.

What the........!?!??!

Well, like I said, strange start to the year.

PS -
Philmonster is refusing to go to Disney again, even though during the holidays, he approved a trip. He’s in the doghouse, big time.

The moral of this story is always listen to your body and get checked if something feels off. It’s better to know than not know. And if weird job stuff happens, don’t be as pessimistic as I was. It could turn out better than expected. And Philmonster is a toothless liar.

😜😜😜😜

donaldtoo

Is anyone getting the automatic notifications? I have to click on the bell to see notifications now. Before there would be a number on it so I knew there were notifications.

Sympathy like.
My notifications haven’t changed, and are still showing up on the bell as before, when I change pages, refresh a page, etc., both on my iPhone and work computer. I wasn’t even aware there were other notification options...!!!!! :hilarious::cyclops:;):)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Well folks, 2019 has been off to a very strange start in the Buddy/Philmonster household. So far:

I was having funky chest pains from hell for weeks and thought I was about to drop dead - went to the doctor who sent me to a cardiologist and had every test known to mankind done, including a stress test, and the results are........I am apparently completely insane because I came back in perfect health. Doc says maybe I strained something at the gym or maybe I’m carryin “stress in my chest”. Huh?????? Anyway, I live to see another day. Great, but then:

My company was bought by a larger company and all employees were warned that our jobs might be eliminated. Talk about “stress in the chest”, lol. So I was sure I was getting the boot. I’m not exactly a spring chicken anymore and my salary is just about at the level that they might want to cut to save money. That’s happened to me before.

Well, today was the day. The new management was in the office conference room and throughout the day, they called various employees in, and many were in tears when they came out. We started calling it the Room of Doom. It was like Survivor. Everyone was sitting at their desks in complete panic wondering if the Angel of Corporate Death was going to call them in.

After about 2PM, I still had not been called in, and I thought I was off the hook and was starting to breathe sighs of relief, when at that very moment, I was called into the Room of Doom.

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I was certain that I was going to be let go and then after 20+ years of agenting, I’d be applying for a waiter position at the Red Lobster.

But........

They told me that they were giving me a small raise, annnnnnnnd, they were promoting me to Vice President of my division.

What the........!?!??!

PS -
Philmonster is refusing to go to Disney again, even though during the holidays, he approved a trip. He’s in the doghouse, big time.

The moral of this story is always listen to your body and get checked if something feels off. It’s better to know than not know. And if weird job stuff happens, don’t be as pessimistic as I was. It could turn out better than expected. And Philmonster is a toothless liar.

😜😜😜😜

Congratulations on the raise and being promoted Mr. Vice President! So glad the tests came back ok and sad to hear that Phil is being a monster about Disney. He did promise you.....

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

But........

What the........!?!??!

PS -

😜😜😜😜
He’s a Curmudgeon.

donaldtoo

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

But........

What the........!?!??!

PS -

😜😜😜😜

Woof!!!
Strange start, indeed...!!!
But, on the bright side...
The Philmonster has one less tooth for when he attacks, you’re just a hypochondriac ;)
and actually really healthy (wine is good food and good medicine ;)), and you got a promotion and raise (big-time congrats :))...crazy strange-good ain’t a bad start to the year...!!!!! :D;):)

Tony the Tigger

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

But........

What the........!?!??!

PS -

😜😜😜😜

Congrats, use that raise for Disney tix!

donaldtoo

Possibly 94 days until our first Cruise! Not a Disney cruise but still a cruise!

Congrats!!!!! :)
What cruise line, if you don’t mind me asking?
We’ve done 2 Carnival cruises (Dec. of ‘17, and July of ‘18), and they were both outstanding...!!!!! :happy::)
We priced out DCL cruises with same accommodations (aft staterooms with verandas for first cruise, midship port and starboard staterooms with balconies for second cruise) and at both times DCL wanted 3x plus as much $$$!!!!!!! :greedy::greedy::greedy:
Can’t wait for our next Carnival cruise, and it won't cost an arm and a leg just to see a mouse...!!! ;)

Cesar R M

Just booked the Hollywood Brown Derby for Valentine's Day lunch.

Good move? Bad move? The last time I ate at the restaurant proper was probably 15 years ago, although we did the patio recently and enjoyed it.

B won't be available for dinner, he will be at work. Booked Kylie at Best Friends Pet Care for the day, and when B goes to work after lunch, I have a solo trip for the remainder LOL.

I was reading all about special Valentine's Day prix fixe menus at certain restaurants last year, so I called WDW and "nothing has been announced" for this year.

Plan B: I may order a sugar free V-day cake tomorrow (assuming that's an option) to be delivered to the BD for after lunch.

The last time I ordered a sugar free cake was for an anniversary at Cat Cora's old restaurant on the BW. I presume it's still a thing.
most restaurants at the studios are a hit and miss.
We had one good time at Primetime.. the second was.. so so.
I heard a lot of bad opinions of Mama Melrose's but it was very good for me.
etc..etc..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom